Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Conquest Total War (1000 A.D. - 1400 A.D.)

Default Re: Conquest Total War (1000 A.D. - 1400 A.D.)

have you finished makeing Georgian units???
    make your way to god like a man its the way of true life.....

Petar's Avatar Miles

I'm a student of architecture so I can lend a hand for anything in my sphere. Also can draw concept art for units/buildings or interface. Particularly interested in the Balkan area, Byzantine & Bulgarian empires but I don't mind helping for any other region too.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

I really think this would be amazing if you could implement this mod on a pretty awesome scale. Like total conversion. The ETW engine and campaign map interface with all its new features would be so freakin cool for a medieval mod. Seriously. I really wish I could help you guys out..... but alas I am no modder. I'd do research if you needed that haha...

To bad there is no way to implement the family aspect into it. I kinda liked that aspect of the previous game. This one is much more visually pleasing though.

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

nice idea, and yes there are great possibilities with no hardcode limits. some notices,
    - to obtain "all" world/europe will be very, very much work I´m afraid.
    - Holy Roman Empire would be divided to small states (look at HRR mod for M2TW/Kingdoms). look at attached picture
    - era between 1000 AD and 1400 AD is maybe too long. I do not know if is possible to do in ETW 12 months per turn or 4 seasons per turn.
    - maybe you could focus on any region and any time period.
    - but of course it´s yours idea and mod, it´s on you how it will looks

good luck with your job
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; October 27, 2009 at 02:42 PM.
    sorry my english.

How is this mod going? Hopefully CA will release some modding tools already...

somebody can tell me if any georgian units have been made?
    make your way to god like a man its the way of true life.....

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Looking forward to this mod!

Good luck chaps.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

hmm... seems the website is down

the Abassid Caliphate flag is very wrong!!
    and you must add the Caliphate of Cordova!,The Fatimid Caliphate and The Mongol Empire!!!@!
    -
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    -
    -
    -

Golden Conquistador

Great idea!! This goes straight to the top of my wishlist! Best of luck to you

hi i have a question would it be possible to take the assassination clips from medieval 2 total war and put it in the mod so everytime you assassanate someone you would get the clips?

Translate the Irish tuaths. currently only Ulster and connacht is in Irish.
    Munster: Mumhain
    Leinster: Laighin

there will be no mod tools

Default Re: Conquest Total War (911 A.D. - 1300 A.D.)

...What followed was multiple Bulgarian interventions and a succession of Serb rulers. Symeon attacked Serbia (in 917) and deposed Peter, placing Pavel Branovic (a grandson of Mutimir) as Prince of Serbia, subordinate to Symeon (although some scholars suggest that Symeon took control over Serbi directly at this time)...

...Thus we see a continuous cycle of dynastic strife amongst Vlastimir's successors, stirred on by the Byzantine and Bulgarians, who were effectively using the Serbs as pawns. Whilst Bulgarian help was more effective, Byzantine help seemed preferable...

Emperor Justin's Avatar Libertus

What ever happened to this?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    Some people might ask "why not just play MTW 2?" or "why go through the hassle of making a coversion mod?". Well the answer is simple. Empires Total war is a great game to mod compared to the last total war games.

MTW 2 is very limited and anyone who has played it know that its AI is terrible, graphics are O.K. (but nothing compared to ETW), and cities are limited. ETW gives us modders a chance to create the mod of our dreams.

How terribly our hopes were dashed, how sharp the drop. The optimism of April 2009, when the game was new and we thought that everything would be possible, the AI would be fixed and there would be total conversion mods by now.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroL View Post
    Hope this Help.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

well if you people need help...PM me...(I'm a researcher)

Still, the above maps are awesome when finally the maps are cracked. Although tools for mapping would require professional programs since now that's what's needed.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 24, 2011 at 02:00 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Sounds like a very nice idea. I hope the almighty Crusaders and Teutonic Knights return with good and heavy units (their speciality, which led to downfall of the Crusaders).

BTW, can you change the 'Roman Empire' to 'Byzantine Empire'? Historically they began calling themselves Byzantines after they lost Rome in 476.

One more question that bothers me is that there were few naval battles in the Medieval age, all of them being close to the coast (here enters Shogun 2!) except one or two. So I suggest that you implement the galley in the early age and the Carrack for the later period. Probably you can increase the timeline to 1492, so that only Europe comes in, not America (which can be if you want).

I know very well about every era of every continent, and I am a young historian, so I can gladly offer my help when needed.
    I can also help in historical guidance if you ever create more than one campaign, for example: the Crusades, Hundred Years War etc.

I also know a huge deal about the military tactics and troops of the era, as well as the siege equipment and politics.
    Last edited by General Maximus; March 14, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

have you done some modding yet?

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Great idea, I hope you can do it!!!

BTW correct the flags of Leon and Castile, yours are actually the flags of actual authonomy regions, not the medieval kingdoms.

Greetings!

KINGDOM OF CASTILE

KINGDOM OF LEON: