Thread: Multiplayer Question

Default Multiplayer Question

I would love to play darthmod with my friends in LAN play. Is there any possible way to make this mod work in multiplayer games? It seems that most of the mods make it so that you get a version mismatch in the lobby.

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Multiplayer Question

good question, in general could you play multi with darthmod?

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

If it was in patch.pack form it would be useable, but also something of a cheat since you could use your beefed up units against vanilla ones.

But yeah, I'd also like to get a darthmod multiplayer community going, since I hardly play darthmod due to me being a multiplayer freak right now.

Yeah, I guess that's why it doesn't work generally, but I wish it would for LAN games. I have no intention of playing random people online. My friend and I both have the game but we hate using vanilla to fight each other, so we both downloaded Darthmod to use and that was when I saw that it did not work. From other mod descriptions it seems the game takes patch packs just fine to use in MP, but not mod packs. It would be nice to have one version that people could download to play against each other.

Maybe if I create a patch pack version, for multiplayer reasons only, should work?

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Maybe if I create a patch pack version, for multiplayer reasons only, should work?
    Definitely we should try this.
    And if it works, then you can provide 2 download options.
    One like it is now and another for multiplayer.

That would be great Darth! I do hope it works... from that Grognards mod it seems to, but I can't totally be sure. That one guy with his multiplayer naval mod sussed out the details. He said that it loads everything in alphabetical order, so when he made his patch pack he put a z in front of the mod name so it would be loaded last. I know I don't have many posts here (I'm kind of asocial, even online), but I've been downloading your mods from the beginning when you started in Medieval 2. I loved what you did there and everything that followed. Someone who works as hard as you for no financial gain really shows the love you have for the subject and the social outcome of it. Anyways, the mechanics you work out are generally amazing and it would indeed be awesome to be able to play this mod with my friends and introduce them to it. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Might want to put a clear warning on the patch.pack version, since it can cause problems easier than a mod version, and some idiots might use it as a hack online until some kind of control is patched in.

Might be worth waiting until version 1.0, until you can get some feedback on how people feel about the idea of a patch.pack version, and so that it will be more finished since you bang out new versions so quickly.