Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Battle for Iberia (SS 6.1 hotseat)

Default The Battle for Iberia (SS 6.1 hotseat)

Hey all,
    This will be a fast paced hotseat with dedicated players that will be focused around Iberia.

The Rules:

- Difficulty : Very Hard
    - Manage all cities = True
    - Show CPU Moves = False
    - Disable Console = True
    - No battle time limit = False
    - Autoresolve Battles = False
    - Use Passwords = True

This game will be played using SS6.1, (M2TW 1.4, not the 1.5 patch), with no sub mods

No crusades/jihads, if any are declared by the ai players are to stay out of them (i realize this may piss off the pope but oh well)
    No merchant+fort glitch, it is just annoying
    No use of spies for opening gates
    The number of units a fleet may carry is limited, 2 units per ship in the fleet
    No hiring of Mercenary Ships
    Ships may only disembark troops once per turn (as in, no moving a ship back and forth in a strait with many loads of troops in a single turn)
    If the ship thing becomes an issue it will be taken out if that is the common desire, or i will be forced to ask for screenshots for every transportation of troops that takes place :/
    4-5 screenshots of each battle, I realize this is a pain but it will help keep people from accusing other of cheating and such. And while we're at it, posting the world map after each turn would be very nice as well, since it allows people to see what is going on and discuss it appropriatly.

If a player is caught cheating they will receive a warning, if they are caught a second time (or the first case is particularly bad) they will be replaced.

Play to have FUN, by that i don't mean no backstabbing lying and generally being an %@$# in game, I mean don't fight with eachother out of game.
    No going to regions further East of Dijon (in Europe) or Tripoli (Africa), or any of Scandinavia, this is to ensure that some players do not run off and conquer the world while the others fight, keeping this game active!

All players will have 24 hours in which to play their turn, if they exceed this time limit they will be subbed by a player of their choosing (or me if no one comes up, i will be as fair as possible).

Factions:
    Leon Castille- Nightbringer
    Aragon-
    Moors- eddy_purpus
    Portugal- Decimus Atreides
    France- Garato
    England- Kaizer Merlox

so just say who you wanna be and please pm me your password in caser you need to be subed.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; May 06, 2009 at 01:47 AM.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Default Re: The Battle for Iberia (SS 6.1 hotseat)

Put me on France if you can... though.... I may pull out before it starts I warn you.

BLAM!
    done... and i understand.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I would be add italian faction and more muslim.Otherwise the destiny of Moors is inevitable.And may be an englishmen to press a bit a France.

well, i do see what you mean, but any other islamic faction would be all the way over in the eastern world, and i am trying to keep this game small, although i suppose that can change if people are willing to be dedicated. although if i add egypt sicily and english that should be okay, i think this little conversation with myself has decided me to add them

get rid of Egypt please. thats just like saying add the Cumans. i rather make this a western game, maybe put up boundries on where we can go...?

This is ment to be close combat like you said. My last experience (Baltic) we spread around the world before ... wait.. we never declared war on eachother DUE to we were in a world race... Make boundries by... (Make it a full stack of elite end tech tree knights in a settlement, should require a few stacks of soldiers to take them out...)

Get rid of Egypt and Sicily

Also that we should cancel out any crusade / Jihads. (thats clearly against moors)

A re-edited list should more in the lines of...

Spain
    Portugal
    Aragon
    Moors
    France
    England (England had conflicts with spain)

and make the border of the world any cities further east than france's further eastern settlement? This will keep the battles nice and at home.. instead of people who are furthest east reap the world while the lot of us sits at home and plays with are few settlements.
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; April 06, 2009 at 09:02 PM.

i like it, the canceling of jihads/crusades should balance out the muslim christian thing, meaning i can take out sicily and egypt which i didnt really like in the first palce!

I'll change my kingdom to England if you are allowing the switch of that!

really, I think we should enforce borders.
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; April 06, 2009 at 11:22 PM.

done

I wanted to be England
    am i invited ?

France for me-ok?
    bad boy boogie

Hey night ... why dont you make an all catholic factions HS..
    id willing to be HRE..
    if not then Aragon for me.

well, i am trying to keep this game centered around iberia, but if people want I can host another game that is England France Scotland HRE Norway or something like that

lol
    naw thats fine ;")

we need 2 more people to fill the roster.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Battle for Iberia (SS 6.1 hotseat) Needs 2 more

Heyo,

What's up with 1.5 patch for kingdoms not allowed?

Is 1.4 then a must ?

Well...I'll get M2 installed tomorrow, and if I may, I'd like to join. And take Portugal.

1.4 is a must.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Ah well too bad but a rollback won't do for me.

Default Re: The Battle for Iberia (SS 6.1 hotseat) Needs 1 more

Im still undecided..
    Aragon or Moors?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast