Thread: How to copy other factions naval vessel

Icon7 How to copy other factions naval vessel

1. In the patch.pack file there is a file called "unit_stat_naval" This file contains information of all shiptypes in the game. Some of the files have an extension of a country name like "5th_rate_british". I guess this means that Britain is the only country to have that special type of 5th rate. Here is my question. Does anybody know how i can make a copy of that and rename it for my faction (Sweden) so that i can build the same ship in my naval yards.

2. Does anybody know how you add your own ships to the game based on excisting models already in the game.

Default Re: How to copy other factions naval vessel

I haven't looked into adding them "enabled" in a shipdock yet, but I know how to change one of your ships into whatever one you want.

If you care to know, reply back and I will send a tutorial.

units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions

You'll note a nation like Britain has 5th_rate set to false and 5th_rate_british set to true. Just do the same thing, and you'll get British 5th rates.

Icon1 Re: How to copy other factions naval vessel

Thanks both of you. Macdaddy02 i would love to have a tutorial about that so if you could post it to this thread it would be great.

Icon7 Re: How to copy other factions naval vessel

Iaius Statius Laurentius i have done what you said and you are absolutly right, After adding a line in the file you suggested i now build british 6th rate ships, but i have to share the type with the british and i would like to keep it for my self so i will keep diggin to se if i canīt find out how to copy other factions naval vessel and then renaming it as my own. Thanks

First of all there are two files dealing with the permissions to build ships (no idea about the shipyard, as it not in focus,because i just work on a MP-mod):
    Units_to_exclusive_factions_permissions and units_to_groupings_millitary_permissions.
    You will have to opportunity to assign a ship to your faction only or assign it to your faction group. To take away the british 5th rate from the british i think you will have to delete the grouping permission for 5th_rate_british to great_britain_group. I'm not sure about deleting the exclusive_faction permission also. You might have to try it.

Just one question for me left: Why do you want the 5th rate british? It's actually just a slight differance in the stats and even don't have a different model than standard for the ship (british model files are used as standard models, if there are different ones availible at all). Seems to be too much work to get this.
    Bladerunner
    Koeniglich Preussische Marine
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

Sealords Minimod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274322
    Sealords Total War Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246265