Thread: MT2W Mod [WIP]

Default MT2W Mod [WIP]

Taleworlds Forum Thread(Beta download link included.)
    http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...c,61095.0.html

The mods aim is to add some of the style from M2TW but not straying too far from the Calradia setting. I was about to change the year where plate armors where prevalent but I had to focus on the other things. Note that this mod is extremely not historically accurate on equipment as I just made it out of the blues because I was bored and didn't research period accurate equipment, armors, etc.

Still thinking what the name of the module will be

Features:

1. Formations and Morale(Tested and working though formations has some drawbacks. I don't know if i did something wrong or the ai doesn't really utilize it properly).

2. New Armors(M2TW style hopefully not make it exactly the same. Will be tweaking in the future).

3. A completely new map.

4. Garnier's recruitment script(Tested and working)

5. Troops will be limited by upkeep and not player abilities including prisoners.

6. Dark and Gritty HDR settings(optional but it's up to you to include it or not).

7. Hi-res campaign map.

Future Plans:

1. Change tournaments and arenas.

2. More variations for helmets, weapons, armor and horses.

3. Tweak textures especially the cloth ones (I wish I hadn't used that burlap texturizer ).

4. Unique armors for lords(Quite tedious as there are almost 50+ lords ingame).

5. Improve the sieges including the scenes.

7. More troop trees(but since m&b lets you command infantry archers and cavalry instead of different companies of units this might be a tentative feature. Having doubts to have a spearman tree where the swordsman tree is just gonna mix with them in formation.)

8. Order knights as mercenaries(But fictionalized in style with calradia. Don't want the real thing walking around a fictional world. )

8. A lot of balancing.

9. New banners(supposedly some others would do first but I put this in the last priority).

Screenies:

Unique armor...(Not sure to include it because it is my unique armor and I don't want anyone else to have it )

Garnier's Recruitment Script

And another...

And another one...

Swadian Units

Swadia versus the Vaegirs...

Emperor Harlaus

Vaegir Archer

New map

IMPORTANT NOTE!
    Will continue working after the 20th of April. Pretty busy these days.

Credits:
    Eisenhouer - Inspiration
    Garnier - Recruitment script and troop capacity concept
    Chel - Morale script
    Mirathei - Formations
    Dindi and OSP contributors - OSP Helmets
    Bismark and OSP contributors - OSP Weapons
    Couched & youhou - Helms and the swadian eagle heraldry from Knights mod.

punkt - Hi-res campaign map
    Last edited by Gritty; April 07, 2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Added credits.

Default Re: MT2W Mod [WIP]

Well good luck with this. It looks good. I especially like the new dark/grey menus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritty View Post
    Unique armor...(Not sure to include it because it is my unique armor and I don't want anyone else to have it )
    People should have the courtesy to ask first, and respect a 'no'.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

I especially like the new dark/grey menus.
    Didn't actually change the menus. My actual HDR settings changed it's color.

Oh, I didn't know they did that.

The map looks really good by the way. It reminds me a bit of the Iberian Peninsula. I wouldn't mind some in-game screenshots of that
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

The map looks really good by the way. It reminds me a bit of the Iberian Peninsula. I wouldn't mind some in-game screenshots of that
    I don't mind . My HDR settings made the atmosphere dark, foggy, rainy or whatnot. That's how I like to view the medieval era though.

It reminds me a bit of the Iberian Peninsula.
    Actually the reason for this is because I changed the khergits to a spanish like faction.

Ahh, it looks sweet. I also admire Punkt's High res Textures
    Although I'm a bit worried about the vitually grey snow - looks like something from an old black/white movie
    But maybe that's just a trick of the eye (and looks different in-game)

Although I'm a bit worried about the vitually grey snow - looks like something from an old black/white movie
    Hmmm.... I guess I darkened it too much and removed too much blue tint on the original ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritty View Post
    Sup'! Since I seem to have problems registering in the forums at taleworlds I decided to post this here in TWCenter. Still no activation mail and it's been days.
    I was having the same problem over there, then read in the agreement that they have some issue with yahoo email accounts. I tried and tried, never worked, then I read that and used a gmail account. Lickety split.

hth.

Heh... Thanks for the heads up. That's the problem when you skip the reading part.

nevhtuR's Avatar Foederatus

Would you be willing to share your HDR settings? It looks pretty cool...

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Well good luck

how did I miss this thread? looks great!

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

It looks great but a bit too black and white in some places, it would be nice to have a tad more colour in the landscape and map.

Quote Originally Posted by nevhtuR View Post
    Would you be willing to share your HDR settings? It looks pretty cool...
    http://files.filefront.com/enbseries.../fileinfo.html

Here you go mate. Just a warning though it's pretty desaturated and pale but that's how I like it though. Just to give it a dark atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    It looks great but a bit too black and white in some places, it would be nice to have a tad more colour in the landscape and map.
    It's just my HDR settings. You can use your own though and the textures will revert back to the original colors.
    Last edited by Gritty; April 07, 2009 at 01:31 AM.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

I'm loving those armors.

Good luck on this mod. I'm really itching to give it a try.