Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darthmod with Imperial Splendour (Move to the new thread)

Default Darthmod with Imperial Splendour (Move to the new thread)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses both these mods, but I can't decide in what order I want them to load, and I'm also having the minor issue of only having 10 ammo for my line infantry, despite not seeing any mention of this in the darthmod, and the IS Mod stating that ammo was doubled in the latest version. I suppose my question is, what now?

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Default Re: Darthmod with Imperial Splendour

I wouldnt suggest using both mods at the same time you just get a mess out of it. Mods that change texture etc.. there is no problem.

If you want to have Imperial Splendour dont load any darth files since he changes everything aswell.

I use Darth Mod, but I replaced two files inside the mod with two from Imperial Splendor, these ones: campaign_ai_manager_behaviour_junctions and campaign_ai_personality_junctions

That gave me superior Campaign AI and superior battles combined.

I don't know how to do that Zowrath, but i hope Darthmod will make some changes in AI behaviour as well so that the AI is less passive as in some of my games..
    Especially ottomans do nothing

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

I wouldn't suggest it either - as both are AI Mods - so you get probably a mix out of the both - but this doesn't mean the results are good. If you make out of a Porsche and a Ferrari one car does also not mean that u drive now a better car as initial.
    Last edited by Syntax; April 05, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ke3pr View Post
    I don't know how to do that Zowrath, but i hope Darthmod will make some changes in AI behaviour as well so that the AI is less passive as in some of my games..
    Especially ottomans do nothing

I use the Pack File Manager here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546

Then I export the two files I mentioned from Imperial Splendor to .tsv files. Look for the Export tsv button.

Then I find the corresponding two files in DarthMod and Import the .tsv files in their place.

And save, and play.

The whole world is a warzone now, after I did that. There's wars up the wazoo, incredible fun No more passiveness!

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    I use the Pack File Manager here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546

Then I export the two files I mentioned from Imperial Splendor to .tsv files. Look for the Export tsv button.

Then I find the corresponding two files in DarthMod and Import the .tsv files in their place.

And save, and play.

The whole world is a warzone now, after I did that. There's wars up the wazoo, incredible fun No more passiveness!
    I've opened the mod_qco pack now (loaded 9 files) and i see all sorts of information like units and fatigue and moral levels, but nothing with Campaign_etc. in it.. :O did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by ke3pr View Post
    I've opened the mod_qco pack now (loaded 9 files) and i see all sorts of information like units and fatigue and moral levels, but nothing with Campaign_etc. in it.. :O did i miss something?

Yes, you opened the wrong pack. Qco is before IS afaik, like Qai was. Get the IS file and look inside that one.

And save, and play.

Hmm, don't want to upset anyone or talk out of turn, but would it be inapprpriate t orequest that someone kinldy upload a ".pack" mod file with these changes? I have tried teh mod manager before but just made a mess of things. Like many, I LOVE Darth's battle AI but prefer IS campaign AI ONLY because I like what he has done with costs of recruitment vs. costs of maintenance...

I use Darth Mod, but I replaced two files inside the mod with two from Imperial Splendor, these ones: campaign_ai_manager_behaviour_junctions and campaign_ai_personality_junctions

That gave me superior Campaign AI and superior battles combined.

ok, my empire.script looks like that (with these modifications above):

mod darthmod.pack;
    mod mod_is.pack;

mod MrThib-RevolutionFrancaise.pack;
    mod austrian_textures.pack;
    mod swedish_line_infantry.pack;
    mod spainall_dbfix_mod.pack;
    mod SmokeModFull.pack;
    mod WeaponFX.pack;
    mod no-lod4-patch.pack;

is this the correct order to load, to have IS CAI and darth´s BAI working?
    (darth 0.8 and 1.62 IS)

pls help I´m too stupid for that...

ps: my mod_is.pack is now only 34 kb...btw

Its hard to tell but i think that anything loaded after the something else overwrites any duplicated changes from the .packs that are higher up so any changes that IS has made that has also been made in darths pack will probably be changed to the IS values so any unit value changes that are changed in both packs etc(or anything else) will be IS's values (i think). The method suggested earlier by zowrath is probably the way to do it.

To be honest, playing with two complete balance mods is ineffective just by definition. Of course, you're free to do whatever you want, but Darth and the people behind Imperial Splendour put a lot of time into balancing the mod within itself. So when you mix the two mods, the concoction will have changes that may not necessarily work with each other and create even more imbalances.

The best way to go is to find the things that you really like about each mod and either find a way to extract and compile it yourself or suggest the mechanic on these forums and hopefully the modders will implement it.

pretorian's Avatar Civis

I agree with You Atlanton. I have chosen files which interested me (from Imperial Splendour) and merged with Darthmod. Everything works great.

Default Can you Merge Darthmod and Imperial Splendour?

I would love to the see the Naval aspect of Darthmod merged with the great work being done on IS land AI and system. Is there a way to merge the two. I think the AI in Darthmod has become same as Vanilla when I play it compared to IS. Out of the gate Darthmod was a great breath of fresh air and I am grateful for it, I think these two MODS should combine thier work into a super mod, of butt kicking ETW'ness

***NO FLAME INTENDED***So no flame in return*****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Can you Merge Darthmod and Imperial Splendour?

+1

Neither will agree to this. Darthmod is Darthmod. IS is IS.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Kennylz View Post
    IS is IS.
    Quoted for fun

I somehow agree with the op, I don't know which one to pick

I'm right with you there kennylz, I love darthmod and I've played a little IS too, I would love to see them combined but I doubt it will ever happen. I came back to darthmod because I have come too far in my campaign to give it up

EDIT-100th post wohoo (just noticed that after I posted)

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Darthmod is a one man mod. It has always been like that. Darth has always been CA unofficial patch of the game for me^^.

Quote Originally Posted by derbiber View Post
    ok, my empire.script looks like that (with these modifications above):

mod darthmod.pack;
    mod mod_is.pack;

mod MrThib-RevolutionFrancaise.pack;
    mod austrian_textures.pack;
    mod swedish_line_infantry.pack;
    mod spainall_dbfix_mod.pack;
    mod SmokeModFull.pack;
    mod WeaponFX.pack;
    mod no-lod4-patch.pack;

is this the correct order to load, to have IS CAI and darth´s BAI working?
    (darth 0.8 and 1.62 IS)

pls help I´m too stupid for that...

ps: my mod_is.pack is now only 34 kb...btw

As said before me, don't use two battle/AI mods on top of each other. Do what I did in my previous posts and extract the files you need/like from Imperial Splendor and re-pack them in to DarthMod with the Pack File Manager.

To use the Pack File Manager, read the documentation in its thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast