Thread: modifying starting money, possible or no?

Default modifying starting money, possible or no?

I've moded out the past total war games, sometimes giving every faction infinite money so as to have many many many more battles to fight. I'd like to see how that works out in empire, as I've already played through a number of campaigns to completion, and am running a number of basic mods (darth, leather texture, battle map, increased unit size 2.5xultra)
    I haven't unpacked anything yet, so I don't know if theres a file similar to Descr_strat to alter.
    If there is, can someone direct me to it and what pack its in. Thanx guys, this is the only website I'd go to for this type of request.

Default Re: modifying starting money, possible or no?

use this tool

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242353

go to:

main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY

go down the list of faction arrays until you find the faction you want.

this should be the patch you want:

main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION\FACTION_ECONOMICS

don't expand faction_economics simply click on it... there should be 3 values, 4 digit number, system byte, and 0... the 4 digit number is the starting money for the faction.

As of right now it takes some manual labour to find the faction you are looking for as well if you wish to find regions.