Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Royal Family Mod

Default Re: Royal Family Mod

Awsome Ziem, was about to ask that. Truely I was hoping CA would have added it back in with all it's features, but I guess that might be for another patch?

Ziem's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    Awsome Ziem, was about to ask that. Truely I was hoping CA would have added it back in with all it's features, but I guess that might be for another patch?
    Same here, but I'm sure that they are bleeding happy with this mod so they can put it on a secondary priority list.

Z.

Welp, the new patch has invigorated me! I tried my hand at updating the startpros.esf for Prussia to try and adjust the starting family, but crashed. Wish we had a crash log like we did with M2

EDIT: Strike that, almost got it! Two problems I'm having right now. First is that the wife isn't showing up, the second is that the daughter doesn't have a name! My guess on the daughter is that the name isn't in the names list for Prussia... but I'm not sure what file to look at to check... or even how to look at it because it's probably going to be in hex It's alright to a respect because when I do the final version she'll probably be married off to the prince of sweden sense she married him on May 31, 1700. Point here though is that I almost have it figured out and once that's done, it'll be easy... The hard part.. or rather the long part, will be checking it all to make sure it's done right.
    Last edited by Tilarium; April 30, 2009 at 02:34 AM.

Thanks for this mod. Awesome.

Is it possible for the text appearing below each family member's picture to properly display thier position in the family instead of saying "title"? Don't know how hard this would be to implement but would appreciate it muchly.
    Last edited by truthspitta; May 17, 2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: +rep

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Well im playing the Maratha's and I love my Leader Tarabai I, but i dont like the fact that her title is minister. Is this something that could be changed to?

Ohh i think all claimants should have to finger fight for the throne.

Hi guys, sorry to report that I wasn't able to get this fixed up with the historial family trees for the weekend. There's afew issues, but the biggest one is that whenever there's a new startpros, it's got to be started over from scratch. The same problem was had with M2, but unlike with M2 I can't just cut and paste, it's got to be all done by hand. Outside of that, most of the research is done, and truthfully, there isn't much changing that needs to be done. CA did a great job in that the Kings and heads of government are mostly all correct and the right age, it's just putting in their family that needs to be done. There are afew areas I wanted to toss out here and get peoples options on.

1. Spain: Seriously, Carlos II died 1 November 1700, he was unmarried and childless. He was mentally impaired aswell as physically impaired. Sadly there is no way to script it so he dies on the second turn. It leaves two options. First is to just leave him there, let him marry and have kids and seriously the gene pool for the rest of the world. The second option is to just replace him with Philip V. I prefer the replace method, but that's just me... some people might like to play a kingdom led by a mentally deformed and physically screwed person.

2. The Italian States. Right now it looks like they are ruled by the Pope... fine and dandy, but because it's a monarchy the Pope marries and has children. Best solution I can think of is to make it a republic.. .but I don't know how to change a factions started government. Anyone know?

3. The Native Americans. Monarchy seems to work but at the same time not work for them. I know that the Cherokee should be changed to a republic, because at the time their government was pretty close to a republic. So for that, see the entry on the Italian States.

Anyway, that's the standing right now. This is doable, only with every new startpros it will need to be redone, and then tested.

Heartfire's Avatar Ordinarius

I think all retards in the world should just die, so let's kill Carlos. (No your not imagining things, I just said that ) I don't know how to make a republic either, but there is a tutorial somewhere in the Mod Tools forum on how to do that, and I agree that both the Cherokees and Italian States should be Republics, but try to keep the Chief and Pope titles for their "Presidents" if possible.

I really wish they would fix the royal family stuff..i like that in games.

1. Spain: Seriously, Carlos II died 1 November 1700, he was unmarried and childless. He was mentally impaired aswell as physically impaired. Sadly there is no way to script it so he dies on the second turn. It leaves two options. First is to just leave him there, let him marry and have kids and seriously the gene pool for the rest of the world. The second option is to just replace him with Philip V. I prefer the replace method, but that's just me... some people might like to play a kingdom led by a mentally deformed and physically screwed person.
    The natural thing to do would be scripting in the Spanish war of succession and the coronation of Philip V in 1701. Possibly just if Spain is your faction (so there isnt always a massive european war on turn 2). I know we can't do this yet, but surely it isn't impossible. I can hope, anyway. It would definitely make the Spanish Campaign more interesting.
    Last edited by Collic; May 06, 2009 at 01:51 PM.

How about creating a whole new goverment? Or is that beyond our capabilities right now?

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Another question to the many before it, but is anything happening in terms of that 'Title' business? Has anybody found a reason for it being there or anything.

Will there be an update for this mod as soon as the prisoners and or the heir choosing button is resolved?

Some genius mentioned a technology that allows you to have a female monarch. In some places a female monarch just didn't happen, and was never likely to, such as France or Prussia.

Oh, and my Queen has a 5 year old son who is wearing a wig and looks about 50...

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Another question to the many before it, but is anything happening in terms of that 'Title' business? Has anybody found a reason for it being there or anything.

Will there be an update for this mod as soon as the prisoners and or the heir choosing button is resolved?

Some genius mentioned a technology that allows you to have a female monarch. In some places a female monarch just didn't happen, and was never likely to, such as France or Prussia.

Oh, and my Queen has a 5 year old son who is wearing a wig and looks about 50...
    You don't need a technology to allow you to have a female monarch. Just need a female next in the queue to have a female monarch. As for the 5 year old looking 50. You've got to remember that the family tree wasn't complete on shipping, that's one of the things that wasn't finished.

Aloicias's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Heartfire View Post
    I think all retards in the world should just die, so let's kill Carlos. (No your not imagining things, I just said that ) I don't know how to make a republic either, but there is a tutorial somewhere in the Mod Tools forum on how to do that, and I agree that both the Cherokees and Italian States should be Republics, but try to keep the Chief and Pope titles for their "Presidents" if possible.
    All the tribes should be republics.

Icon1 Re: Royal Family Mod

Yeah, republics are the closest thing ETW has in representing the tribes. It's still astounding how CA really messed up on the Natives.
    "I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells.
    For when you are at that center within you and I am that place within me, we shall be as one."

You don't need a technology to allow you to have a female monarch. Just need a female next in the queue to have a female monarch. As for the 5 year old looking 50. You've got to remember that the family tree wasn't complete on shipping, that's one of the things that wasn't finished.

There seem to be a lot of things they didn't include in initial release that look sound brilliant. Perhaps they released it too soon?

I didn't mean it like that, I have had 2 queens in the same campaign. I meant that it might be better to have a technology or advancement that allows you to have female monarchs.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

It would be cool if you good see enemies Family Tree, See if there are any foriegn claimants that could use backing etc.

can you help me?

Im trying to change my marathas faction leaders title from minister to

Maharaja(male)
    Maharani (female)

I found the title list in main.pack
    but dont know how to change it.

any help would be awsome.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Hi guys, sorry to report that I wasn't able to get this fixed up with the historial family trees for the weekend. There's afew issues, but the biggest one is that whenever there's a new startpros, it's got to be started over from scratch. The same problem was had with M2, but unlike with M2 I can't just cut and paste, it's got to be all done by hand. Outside of that, most of the research is done, and truthfully, there isn't much changing that needs to be done. CA did a great job in that the Kings and heads of government are mostly all correct and the right age, it's just putting in their family that needs to be done. There are afew areas I wanted to toss out here and get peoples options on.

2. The Italian States. Right now it looks like they are ruled by the Pope... fine and dandy, but because it's a monarchy the Pope marries and has children. Best solution I can think of is to make it a republic.. .but I don't know how to change a factions started government. Anyone know?

3. The Native Americans. Monarchy seems to work but at the same time not work for them. I know that the Cherokee should be changed to a republic, because at the time their government was pretty close to a republic. So for that, see the entry on the Italian States.

Anyway, that's the standing right now. This is doable, only with every new startpros it will need to be redone, and then tested.
    The bottom one, the family I used while playing TGS showed the chief married to a blond woman with an indian name and looked the same as the Queens of Europe, that was weird...

I was looking through the main.pack and found the following information.

main/db/trait_to _antitraits_tables/trait_to_antitraits

Trait IDref: C_Leader_Fertile
    Antitrait: C_Leader_Infertile

main/db/trait_info_tables/trait_info

Trait ID ref: C_Leader_Infertile
    Game Entity: agent

Not sure if there is anyway to use this in a historical family tree.
    I'm having trouble actually finding the effects of 'C_Leader_Infertile' though.

I'm trying to work out how to trigger events that give traits.
    It would be great to be able to give the leader of a nation a trait that increases the chance of death at the end of the next turn to 100% chance of death. Not sure if it possible at the moment though.

I was rummaging through the sounds.pack file using the Pack Manager, and found an advice sound for G.B that said 'This page shows your faction's royal family tree It shows your faction leader, their spouse and children, and claimants to your throne if a crisis emerges.'

And another two about changing heir.
    'It is now obvious that the personal shortcomings of your heir can no longer be hidden from the public gaze. You would do well to replace him.'
    and..
    'Judging from his emergent character traits, your current heir may not be the best candidate for the throne. You should consider replacing him as a matter of haste.'

Is there any chance a future patch would introduce these features they missed out on in primary release? It seems they were half-finished by March...

- Ramsay Snow