Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Royal Family Mod

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Royal Family Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Neofit View Post
    It is interesting, it is possible to remove women from the random heirs? Matriarchy in Europe must cause only dynastic wars…
    I would like this too. A female monarch is OK for Britain, Austria and Russia (and maybe a few others) but definitely not for the Ottomans.

It woulb be nice if you had a research technology enabling female succession, like "Pragmatic sanction" or "Abolition of Salic Law" or something.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

"Pragmatic sanction" had by its consequence long war!!!

Then this is not normal, when not in one state, but women almost guide in entire Europe. Familitree shows to us that are straight aspirants alternative. It is reasonable to leave women in the straight heirs, but to remove them from the alternative.

Down sanction! Vive le Karl VII!
    En nom Dieu! Vive le Roy! A bas la Republique!

Cipher*'s Avatar Libertus

Holy Cow your the best man

Quote Originally Posted by Neofit View Post
    It is interesting, it is possible to remove women from the random heirs? Matriarchy in Europe must cause only dynastic wars…
    ---------------
    Familymembers in the battlefield!
    The fact that Prussia's heir is automatically a 63-year-old (by the time Frederick dies) woman named "Fredericka Louisa" is a constant source of irritation to me. I want Frederick I, Frederick William I, Frederick II and Frederick William II. NOT "Charlotte"..!

I have been trying to change this situation via the .esf editor, but no dice so far.

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

In the save of an ESF must have somewhere who is the heir. I will see if I can locate this value.

Well, I was able to locate the family members, find "Fredericka Louisa", rename her, give her a new portrait, change a value that I thought was gender (on all male family members it said "True", and on all females "False") and alter her age, but when I did my king just wouldn't die. I had a save game from the year before he died (at the age of 69), and every time I ended the turn he would die, no matter how many times I tried it, until I edited the save and then he miraculously lives for another five years (after end-turning ten times I stopped... I don't know for sure if my changes made him immortal, but it seems likely). I thought maybe he was dying because his heir was 63 (old), and so the game wanted her to become queen and sire heirs before she died, and therefore when I changed her age to 43 that gave the king more time, but I tried editing the details and leaving the age the same and the king still became immortal.

Probably I would have an easier time if I downloaded your mod, which I really should have done by now and will do promptly now that I think of it.

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

Well here is the findings I got out of this.

bool - gender
    bool - unk
    int - # children (between 0 - 4)
    int - Skill level (# of stars in portrait)
    int - Age
    int - (For King only matches Ordinalair, for all others is 1)
    (Next 4 ints are the ages that non-king/queen had their children at so that if they become king/queen it can generate these family with the right ages.)
    string - religious beliefs

Then comes the Faction ID which appears twice for everyone except children of the royal family.

PS: That second bool I only saw false once on my King's Wife as the Italian States. Unsure what it means.
    PSS: Also I have not figured out where it stores the marital status of a family member.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeanuts; April 13, 2009 at 01:46 AM.

I was using the esf viewer to look at one of my saves, the orginal purpose was something differant. I looked at the family section but didn't see a date section to change their age, where did you find it at, Wolfgang? The startpos.esf is the same layout as the save, so if we can do age, it might also be possible to add family on, which will mean family trees as they were in 1700..

Ofcourse Austria will be weird.. do I stick with Leo or move on to his son? Leopold I was the HRE in 1700, and his son had been crowned as the King of Austria in the late 1690s... and do I advance the game to the winter of 1700 and kill off Carlos... choices, choices.

Wow, Georgia, you are quick, answered be before I even asked. As for the two faction IDs, my guess is that the first will be the faction they rule and the second being the faction they are, just guessing here, ofcourse.

The first faction ID is controlling which faction the character comes from second one seemed to not really have much effect I could tell. What is weird is when I put one of the claimants to be from another faction it also put a totem pole icon on the top part of their portrait.

edit: that totem pole icon means that the family member is not the same religion as his faction's national religion. It is possible to have an heir who is a diff. religion than your nation. When I set the GB claimant to protestant the icon goes away.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeanuts; April 12, 2009 at 02:25 AM.

Nicely done! Are you working with a savefile or with the startpos file? Can you add in your own family and claiments?

Fratyinside's Avatar Ducenarius

Great work, man. I check this thread daily.

"Altså, det er jo sådan mere inden for de, for de, inden for murene, så det, vedkommende der, og æhhh, altså det... det" - Kronprins Frederik af Danmark

I edited a savefile to that. You could add some if the ESF editor support copying if the conventions I described are maintained.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeanuts; April 13, 2009 at 01:46 AM.

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Good to see people are trying to mod this into the game. Would be nice if it is possible to choose who is the heir to the throne. What happens to this mod when you change from monarchy to republic?

Any further progress in nailing this heir to the throne?

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Ya how goes the work on trying to get the heir button to work?

As I said many times before, this mod is great.

Perhaps this could also mean we could finally make a switch in religion. The religion description in the government screen says the state religion depends on your faction leader's religion. This could possibly recall some protestant/catholic civil wars.

By the way, a papal family tree appears strange to me. An idea would be creating a new government type like a theocracy or a pontificate.

And I would love the game to show more than just the King and his children.

Praepositus

will this mod work even though you've already started a campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by am.az View Post
    will this mod work even though you've already started a campaign?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweetwel_youknow View Post
    As I said many times before, this mod is great.

Perhaps this could also mean we could finally make a switch in religion. The religion description in the government screen says the state religion depends on your faction leader's religion. This could possibly recall some protestant/catholic civil wars.
    Has anyone changed an heir's religion (in the esf editor) and had him assume the throne? It would be very interesting to see if this changed the State Religion, or what, if anything, it would do...

By the way, a papal family tree appears strange to me. An idea would be creating a new government type like a theocracy or a pontificate.
    If the government form was a republic where the "president" is elected for life, it would work well both for the Papal States, and to more accurately represent the Dutch Republic's relationship with the Stadhouder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang von Zweibrücken View Post
    Has anyone changed an heir's religion (in the esf editor) and had him assume the throne? It would be very interesting to see if this changed the State Religion, or what, if anything, it would do...
    i was just thinking the same thing. there is mention i think when you mouse over the religion in the faction info screen of state religion = faction leader religion. i havent had it change but if one of you guys who knows what you are doing makes your faction only have one heir and that heir is different religion and see what happens when he/she makes it to the throne. unfortunately i dont have a rig capable of really testing like this. my turns take 5-10 minutes a piece.