Thread: Religious Unrest - Temporary change

Default Religious Unrest - Temporary change

Does anybody know where any info is on this happiness modifier?

I have searched hi and low to figure out what exactly effects this.

Files i've found but have no idea what they do:

religious_conversion_mod - not sure how this one works.

religions - these ones only have a few values, but even modifying them drastically doesn't do anything.

policies - possible interesting file, but not sure where it is used. contains religious persecution and religious tolerance. Both values are the exact same... does not seem to be used anywhere.

Some numbers:

This is where it kind of gets confusing. I've editted morocco, britain, and the cherokee nations.

Britain - Gov Rel Non Conformist with 100% islamic populace = 8 religious unrest.

Cherokee - Gov religion Non Conformist with 100% islamic populace = 9 unrest

Morocco same as above = 10 religious unrest.

I don't know where to look anymore. I'm thinking it might be in the startpos but some of the values are unknown at the moment as to what they do... i'm thinking it could depend on the region, the faction... i'm not really sure what all effects this but it seems to be quite a bit.

Any help on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I decided to use the late campaign file that was edited to make the faction playable... changed the brits to non conformist and the scottish population to 100% islamic and the religious unrest is 10.

So either the startpos determines a bit, or there was something going on in the early stage campaign taking the religious unrest down by 2 in scotland. I'll see what else i can dig up.
    Last edited by Cursisanafou; April 05, 2009 at 09:31 PM.

Default Re: Religious Unrest - Temporary change

Alright re-edit we're back in business.. i had a little problem with the mod manager device, along with my screwing around with pack files that broke my game launch. Without further ado

***** Please make a back-up of your installation or any files that you are going to be editing incase anything goes awry.

Ok so if you guys want to make religion a little more potent in the game i have a temporary solution until we can figure out where we can edit the base unrest... if that's even possible (it might be hardcoded).

This explanation involves using the Pack File Manager and editing scripting.lua in the main campaign folder.

I don't really know how to make a mod so if someone wants to make a mod they can do so... it isn't that hard but i don't really feel like doing it.. unless there is enough people that really want to.

****** DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK**********

1) Open Patch.pack with the Pack File Manager

2) Go to trait_level_effects_tables and expand it

3) Click on trait_level_effects

4) Click Options and Uncheck Use first column as row header

5) Click Add Row

6) Go to the blank row at the bottom of the page

7) In the first blank box put: R_Infected_Plague_1 (this can be any sort of disease but i used this for fun, plus the plague could increase religious unrest if it was biblical =P)

8) In the second box put: happy_mod_religious_unrest

9) In the third box put: whatever percentage increase that you wish. so if you want it to double, put 100 and so on.

10) Save the file.

*******DO THE ABOVE AT YOUR OWN RISK*********

Now to explain what was done here.. You added a trait that can be used in a script to add to a region which will be explained in the next step.

*********DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK***********

This is a temporary way to increase the religious unrest in all regions around the world... It has not been tested past several turns into the game, the possibilities that there could problems later in the campaign is low but possible.

1) go to empire total war\data\campaigns\main and open scripting.lua

2) You will probably see this unless you have changed your scripting file

Code:
    local function OnFactionTurnStart(context)
        if conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 2 then
            if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
                scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("britain_protectorate", "britain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "georgia_usa+cherokee_territory+new_france", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_reward", 0, "thirteen_colonies", context)
            elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("spain", context) then
                scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("spain_protectorate", "spain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "trinidad_tobago+tejas+curacao", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_new_spain_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_new_spain_reward", 0, "new_spain", context)
            elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("france", context) then
                scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("france_protectorate", "france", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "michigan_territory+algonquin_territory+cherokee_territory", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_louisiana_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_louisiana_reward", 0, "louisiana", context)
            end
        elseif conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 5 then
            scripting.game_interface:enable_auto_generated_missions(true)
        end

if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
            scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "thirteen_colonies", 6, 15, context)
        elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("spain", context) then
            scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("spain", "new_spain", 6, 15, context)
        elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("france", context) then
            scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("france", "louisiana", 6, 15, context)
        end
    end
    3) put a couple spaces past the last end and put this code:

Code:
    local function OnRegionTurnStart(context)

effect.trait("R_Infected_Plague", "region", 1, 100, context)

end
    This enables the trait we put in the first part for all regions in the world.

4) Save the file

***********DO THE ABOVE AT YOUR OWN RISK****************

Start empire and enjoy.

*****Remember this is done at your own risk. If enough people ask for it i can potentially make it into a mod.

*****Remember that this has not gone through a whole lot of testing, there could be complications later on in the game. I believe this is a very low probability but there is still a chance. Please do this at your own risk and make sure you back up your game files before editing any files.

Thanks to all those who helped create the Pack File Manager, and to alpaca who helped figure out how to add traits to regions.

NOTE: After attempting to make a proper mod i have come to the conclusion that i have no f'ing idea how... so if you want a mod i guess someone will have to explain to me how using the PFM.
    Last edited by Cursisanafou; April 05, 2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: game broke not due to changes, game back now. taken down before due to the very slight possibility this messed the game up.

Papalord's Avatar Civis

I tried it with your fine introdution but nothing changed, so I would be reeeally thankful if u upload it as a little mod.

your post is some time ago but maybe u read this

i think you should send him a private message too, to notify him,
    and ask him to respond in this thread with a link to this thread
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....