Thread: The Economy

Default The Economy

HI all. this mod is so beautiful and well done. I just have a question about the economy of the game which I can't seem to grasp too well. I have tried starting new campaigns over and over, but I always end up with -35,000 or less money in less than 10 turns...At first i tried building things, but the money finished faster...even when I don't build or recruit I eventually start losing 5,000 or 6,000 a turn...

is there some special tactic or technique you must use to govern your areas? I'm just wondering if this just happens to me or to everyone else.

Thanks

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: The Economy

This doesn't happen to me at all. Maybe your problem is the amount of generals, you shouldn't adopt at every possibility you get unless you are leaving them in a settlement, general's upkeep is really high. In the beginning I have maximum one general outside. I use my capital as my military center and outer cities for money, building farms and trade. To boost your income try exchanging money for alliances and map information.

amen, its the generals. in this mod you should only adopt the best - upkeep = 800 O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    This doesn't happen to me at all. Maybe your problem is the amount of generals, you shouldn't adopt at every possibility you get unless you are leaving them in a settlement, general's upkeep is really high. In the beginning I have maximum one general outside. I use my capital as my military center and outer cities for money, building farms and trade. To boost your income try exchanging money for alliances and map information.
    The problem of not having generals is the armies will turn rebel fast with out one.So if you have only one general out side and need more than one army in motion the one without will turn rebel very fast.Rebelion is set to high in this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    The problem of not having generals is the armies will turn rebel fast with out one.So if you have only one general out side and need more than one army in motion the one without will turn rebel very fast.Rebelion is set to high in this mod.
    Well, this is very realistic problem considering the time period. It was very expensive to maintain a loyal army in field. This limited extensive operations. Nation/states with big standing armies didn't really exist.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    I meant for the beginning of the mod, later you should get your economy going to support several generals roaming the map.
    Last edited by Louis Lux; April 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

Sir Althfons's Avatar Civis

Icon6 Re: The Economy

Its just the way you are saying WarlordZ; no matter what you do (thought sheltering your generals; which gives them free upkeep), youīll allways finish ruined in a few turns.

Thatīs the worst failure the mod has.

By now, the only solution I can give you to overcome it, is doing like me- using the add_money cheat to provide you with the income the game should grant you in order to do something. And eventualy to provide your rivals too, -who eventually also run out of cash- if you want them to be something of a chalenge.

Last edited by Sir Althfons; October 06, 2009 at 06:07 PM.

I didn't have this problem at all, but I only played one game, as Kiev. Do you have many armies outside of cities? Perhaps too many generals, as the others have suggested? I haven't adopted anyone yet - all of the offers had too few skills or not enough loyalty.

-LaMarseillaise

Sir Althfons's Avatar Civis

Icon6 Re: The Economy

Quote Originally Posted by LaMarseillaise View Post
    I didn't have this problem at all, but I only played one game, as Kiev. Do you have many armies outside of cities? Perhaps too many generals, as the others have suggested? I haven't adopted anyone yet - all of the offers had too few skills or not enough loyalty.

-LaMarseillaise
    I can tell you Iīve tried the game not recruiting a single damned unit, and building only production facilities, and economy just sinks anyway.
    It seems some of us have the problem, and the others donīt.

byzantineklibanophori's Avatar Centenarius

I did experience money shortages as well, but nothing strange and in fact, I appreciate the financial restrictions since it is quite realistic. You can't just throw money around like its infinite which other mods allow due to some imbalance issues.

I think the team should be commended for imposing annoying but realistic financial conditions.

I mean at the moment, I've just destroyed Vladimir-Suzdal and I have a whole chunk of territory, but the money isn't exactly rolling in like rain simply because I have a lot of generals (high loyalty is important than military stars) who can bolster my settlements incomes or lead my armies on different borders of my territory.

I'd say that the restrictions have also meant imposing realistic military restrictions on me as well.

I'm fighting with Novgorod at the moment with 1 full stack and have 2 stacks guarding against the Mongols in the east. Its taken me close to 50 years to be able to afford a third full stack!

Its bloody brilliant!
    ☻ This is the Prophet, lusty, promiscous, self serving and divinely (deluded) inspired messenger of god
    /▌\  Copy and paste him to protest his pederastic perversions on children
    / \