Thread: fire and advance is gone... YIHAAA!

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Default fire and advance is gone... YIHAAA!

hi darth,

I´m not starting again to tell you how genius you are. nope. never.
    ...but you are.

Wasn´t able to give you any real feedback to your mod, because I´m moving from germany to the UK in the next days and theres a lot to do (it will be a naval invasion with two stacks, me and my girlfriend... London will be ours HA!).

back to buisness: I did a few battles with darthmod 0,7 (and also 0,1 - 0,6) and must say that the most annoying thing was, that the AI nearly always started to fire and advance in front of my lines and it seemed to me, that this provoked a lot of messed up formations.
    so could you just explain why you removed it (I´m just curious).

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Default Re: fire and advance is gone... YIHAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by aus-rotten View Post
    back to buisness: I did a few battles with darthmod 0,7 (and also 0,1 - 0,6) and must say that the most annoying thing was, that the AI nearly always started to fire and advance in front of my lines and it seemed to me, that this provoked a lot of messed up formations.
    so could you just explain why you removed it (I´m just curious).
    You just said it.

Also AI is lethal without it.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

I totally agree with Darth and will be removing this from my mod as well. AI inflicts many more losses this way!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    You just said it.

Also AI is lethal without it.
    This change also has led to me actually really fighting the enemy for territory, as i'm taking much more losses than before, and even losing some battles.

Been fighting over 1 province for 15years now, it's great.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Real hard time with united provinces against the pirate nations - because of this change - same here more than 10 battles for one island(total underestimated the buccaneers, they are quite fast on their feet in comparison to my horses) - I think its a good one! Only maybe you have a look at the buccaneers speed?
    Last edited by Syntax; April 04, 2009 at 11:54 AM.

Alllll it was an good feature To bad it could not be worked out for the AI. Maybe ya can make an diffrent feature like Fire and Advace this is to bad

Hey Darth, what do you think about changing the buttons function, now that annoying fire and advance is gone, could you implement something new to the button?

In place of that I think a fire and charge would be much better. Also a reload button please. I hate doing hit and runs with carabineers and having them shoot, run sit idol, send them back to attack then watch them reload.

“Today, the general will of all nations is calling for fundamental change... The prerequisite to this change is a change in goals, intentions, and directions. If tyrannical goals are repackaged in an attractive and deceptive package and imposed on nations again, the people, awakened, will stand up against them.”
    Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Truth is treason in the Empire of Lies.
    Ron Paul

Ugh, I hate that I actually have to fight the AI now

Actually, France used this as well for example at Lodi battle. MacDonald when he charged at Wagram used this ability too. So I won't download your 0.75.

I miss fire and advance. Rank fire also seems not to be working .
    BlaBlaBla you're reading my sig now.

How do I remove fire and advance? Also, does anyone know how to implement "mass fire"?

how to make it so that platoon fire does not need spreading out?

Great now! It would be fantastic if "fire and avance" could be changed in a more historical and usuful "fire and retreat" with fantery firing and retreatig without turning back to the enemy....

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

rank fire works perfectly fine for me, ai is really awesome in 0.8 :-)

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Hm....to bad that half the good stuff is messed up in the Vanilla, I can't understand how CA could do this......I mean, you want to impress ppl, then do it correctly, also all the reviews were probably paid for or honestly incomplete, cause the game nowhere in hell would get 9/10 or 10/10 from any of us I asume.