Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Native american in custom battle mod 1.0

Icon1 Native american in custom battle mod 1.0

Hi, I'm kinda new to modding and just made a mod that unlocks that
    all the native american factions to costume battles and enables their units for use
    (still in costume battles).
    They have about 11-12 units.
    It should work fine with all mods but I'm NOT sure.

You ethier need the mod manager 1.4 or the knowlage to use the user.empire_script.

I dont konw if there are any bugs or problems but if there are, send me a pm.
    Note: The download isn't a zip or rar file so you need to save it when you download it.

Downloadlink:
    Iroquoi only: http://files.filefront.com/13534351
    All native american factions: http://rapidshare.com/files/217232920/natvie_americans.pack

Thanks everyone how have made tutorials and tools, they are awsome!
    Dont feel free to use it in your onw mods without asking!!

Next up:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

*Playable natives in campagin

*Bigger mod that unlocks more natives and minor factions
    Last edited by polkjarga; April 05, 2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: moved as per requested.

Default Re: [MOD] Native american in costume battle mod 1.0

How do I install it?

u press save as u download it and select the data folder in empires as the target,
    u also need mod manager, when u want to play, start modmanager and check the box before the mods name and press launch,
    it should work

Quote Originally Posted by polkjarga View Post
    u press save as u download it and select the data folder in empires as the target,
    u also need mod manager, when u want to play, start modmanager and check the box before the mods name and press launch,
    it should work
    Is there a way to do it without Modmanager , I hate it

polkjarga, you might want to change your title: you mean "custom" battles, not "costume". It's confusing since it sounds like it has something to with their clothing.

thanks for the spelling correction, my english is knda bad

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

Default Re: [MOD] Native american in costom battle mod 1.0

Moved to Released Mods.
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

Quote Originally Posted by Usit View Post
    Is there a way to do it without Modmanager , I hate it
    u can use user.empire_script the in documents and settings/YOUR USER NAME/Application Data/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts
    to get here u need to press the tool tab, the choose folder alternativs, showing( dont know if its right but in swedish its visning) the u check the box show hidden files and folders.

note: u need to create a note pad dockument named user.empire_script and in it paste the following line: mod "natvie_americans.pack";

when u save it u save it as a unicode dockument, u change that on the codeing tab, ist under the fileformat tab.

this should work, if it dont, u pm me and i'll managed something out
    Last edited by polkjarga; April 05, 2009 at 10:07 AM.

Default Re: [MOD] Native american in custom battle mod 1.0

Hi I have followed your installation instructions, but I can find the native factions in the custom battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ricochet View Post
    Hi I have followed your installation instructions, but I can find the native factions in the custom battle.
    i'm not familyer with this problem, could u send me an oic of ur selections of factions, and btw are u using any other mod that unlocks factions in custom battle?

I'm not using any mods to unlock factions. I have placed the pack file in the data folder and added the line to the script. The only other mod i'm using is the darthmod.

then i dont realy know, I use the modmanager and it workes fine for me

Ah I have figured it out. I forgot to include 'mod' in the script. It's working now. Great job!

Just noticed the only units available are the sakers in early period.

Just noticed the only units available are the sakers in early period.
    no, every unit is avalible, but the sakers is only avalible in early
    Last edited by polkjarga; April 08, 2009 at 10:26 AM.

This is what I mean. I can only see the saker unit. It's the same with all native factions.

This is what I mean. I can only see the saker unit. It's the same with all native factions.
    ok, whats the mane of the units_table in the other mod ur using, if its my_units u should rename the units_table in my mod to something like xxx_units

u can use user.empire_script the in documents and settings/YOUR USER NAME/Application Data/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts
    to get here u need to press the tool tab, the choose folder alternativs, showing( dont know if its right but in swedish its visning) the u check the box show hidden files and folders.

note: u need to create a note pad dockument named user.empire_script and in it paste the following line: mod "natvie_americans.pack";

when u save it u save it as a unicode dockument, u change that on the codeing tab, ist under the fileformat tab.

this should work, if it dont, u pm me and i'll managed something out
    I did what you said but the game now crashes at the legal text screen every time I try to load it!

then i think u need modmanager, it workes fine for me

ok, whats the mane of the units_table in the other mod ur using, if its my_units u should rename the units_table in my mod to something like xxx_units
    I think there is a conflict between the deathmod and your native mod. If both are switched on then the only unit available is the saker. Turning the deathmod off, I can see the other units for the natives. I'm not sure how to go around checking the name of the units_table.

Also I've noticed I can't play online with your pack while it is in the data folder, even if I switch it off with Mod Manager. I need to delete your pack file to play online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast