View Poll Results: Belts or no belts on grenadiers?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Belts

69 90.79%
  • No belts

7 9.21%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Silly mod

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Silly Little Mods

Send me what you want and I will do that next

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Looks very good

The flags doesnt appear as you have them in my game
    Last edited by helmersen; April 06, 2009 at 09:35 AM.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

What do you mean? I have only done the British flags.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Yes, the British modded flags doesnt appear.. I have to copy them into the data folder?

EDIT: Oh.. Where is the mod manager have to use?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Default Re: delete please

Closed on request. Just pm if you want it reopened.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Default Re: Sweidish units for E:TW

I'm back! With updates!

I put the Swedish and British line/regiment flag mods back up. When I get round to those factions they may be edited but for yow, enjoy

Default Re: *BACK* Silly Little Mods

No-one likes them anymore? I am doing a lot more hard work this time.
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 17, 2009 at 04:51 PM.

Your Redcoats are my preferred! Do you may retex Coldstreams and Guards?

Quote Originally Posted by HGuderian View Post
    Your Redcoats are my preferred! Do you may retex Coldstreams and Guards?
    If you read the first post, you will notice I am overhauling each faction one by one now (not just texturising). I will get to Britain, probably next and do all of their units as well as everything else.

'Current status'

Retexturing the animated Spanish flag again because I wanted to limit the Royal Arms to just the portraits. I am changing it to Felipe V's 'national flag' as used above cities etc. (Goddam the animation took a lot of work to change but I found a nice technique that works very well (secret))

Changing the Spanish royal family to be accurate and include information.

Changing Spanish gentlemen, generals, etc (that you start with) to represent real-life figures.

I shall work on texturing troops after this, unless I see something else I want out of the way.

I am still trying to find a way of getting flags for individual states and units (I want to give merchant shipping their correct flags) and the troops of Flanders need work.
    I also need to find a way to script flags to change at certain dates, I need the national flag to change to the 1748 one as well as naval flags etc.
    The army flag is they King's colours, more accurate because there is not as much difference between Regiments... As i have done with the British (They use King's colour, not regimental)
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 17, 2009 at 06:40 PM.

After I have finished one mod I will create a comprehensive tutorial for everything that I've done.

I will also make more than one version of each mod, to be compatible with Darth mod etc.

When I have made all the major Factions, before working on the minor ones i will seperate them all and create 'Faction specific mods' that include national music and customisations such as screens and textures in the game to give that extra feel. There will then be of course the main mod itself with all factions.

I managed to get the King sorted out, thanks to the help of Macdaddy02, look

His bust needs some minor work doing to it.

A shame you're the only one to bump your own thread,

cause man, I'm looking forward to your mod, cheers for getting the king sorted out. I was desperate to see again and again my old hapsburg Spanish kings instead of bourbons (Felipe V and descendents). The campaign advisor wants us to believe Spain and France are great partners, so maybe he should have made Spanish Kings BOURBONS. Or maybe create a Spanish Succession War scripted, but that's too much to ask.

Not to mention a freaking Louis XVI in my 1710' French campaign, at that speed maybe there will be Louis XX in 1789'. Wait, was it too difficult to script or is CA just lazy.

All this to say I like what you're trying to do, this is the first thread I reply to, and I will stay tuned. Keep up the good work, hope you'll find the courage to correct many Royal Families (and your other mods and uniforms are pretty good too).

Thank you for your kind words I was indeed annoyed too! Especially as they used Queen Victoria and they are British designers... what on earth is wrong with the Georgians? Why must we fight the wars of independance with Queen Victoria :/ It's some kind of favoritism I deem. "George was a lunatic and Victoria was the most powerful monarch ever to be on Earth, so lets make Britain look all good."

Anyway, i have just finished some of the latest updates and will upload now

BTW, yes I will get around to changing all the Royal families as i do mods one by one. I'm not sure how to do the ancestors properly yet though as it seems to be randomly generated.

I am uploading as I type both a normal version of the Spanish mod and one that is compatible with Darth's 1.2 mod (You start with large unit sizes like in commander)
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 17, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

I am uploading an updated Spain mod, this will take about 20 minutes so please be patient while the link is down. Thank you.

Next I am (finally) going to work on unit skins as i have been requested to hurry up with them :p

Quote Originally Posted by BeatFK View Post
    A shame you're the only one to bump your own thread,

cause man, I'm looking forward to your mod, cheers for getting the king sorted out. I was desperate to see again and again my old hapsburg Spanish kings instead of bourbons (Felipe V and descendents). The campaign advisor wants us to believe Spain and France are great partners, so maybe he should have made Spanish Kings BOURBONS. Or maybe create a Spanish Succession War scripted, but that's too much to ask.

Not to mention a freaking Louis XVI in my 1710' French campaign, at that speed maybe there will be Louis XX in 1789'. Wait, was it too difficult to script or is CA just lazy.

All this to say I like what you're trying to do, this is the first thread I reply to, and I will stay tuned. Keep up the good work, hope you'll find the courage to correct many Royal Families (and your other mods and uniforms are pretty good too).
    Welcome to the forums btw

I have uploaded the latest Spain mod.

Please enjoy

I have tweaked Felipe V, he is only 17 atm, and he did some good things as a King, although probably suffered from depression later on. He is not not crappy at managment but has a neutral value, I took the traits off too and improved his zeal to fit with the catholic/spanish mood. these updates will be in the next release. Here is a screenshot to show what I mean

BTW, If anyone can find me some period Spanish music, I will see what I can do with it

EDIT: I have found that the last mod i did to the King changed more than i had hoped... now Spain is once more a nation who can swing power and is much more able to stand up to nations like Britain, surely when I get around to tweaking all Royals the game should be more balanced, especially Britain.

Now the future of Spain is truly in your hands, the actions you make in the game will make this King grow up to be great... or mad.
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 17, 2009 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks for the welcome !

I'll try your mod later on, now is the time for me to sleep.

I checked your Felipe V tweak, but I see the same stats (-5 diplomatic, -2 prestige) as Carlos, right ? I don't have the proper information about him, considering is age and all, but shouldn't it be better than its predecessor ? Maybe you can't tweak that for the moment I guess.

Anyway, it's good you deleted the bad traits Carlos had, "freak of the nature" was funny but weak.

Good to know you'll do each faction one by one, though I guess it will be terribly long for you. Let me know if you want some active research, that's my only quality (as a French, this country is surely my domain of predilection, but I like to think I'm beyond average in european history in general). I wish you luck and time.

And hey, though I like what you doing, I'm not sure people here will appreciate you posting five messages straight without someone replying. Could be considered as flood, as good as it is.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast