Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: ETW Mods Recommendations & Queries Here

Well.... I pretty much haven't found a mod that suited me
    DM was good, but it needs more units and variety for minor factions. Causa belli just adding unfinished units with messed-up portrait and descriptions for me.
    IS is the best, though i feel it's unfinished. Comparing unit roster for GB and France with other factions... Maybe RoTR will fix this?
    I haven't try ID because lack of single link and ER because it haven't updated for ages
    I guess for now i'll stick with IS

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

If you want to play with new experience in Empire total war i recommend to play Imperial Destroyer + VDM. VDM submod adds a lot of stuff such as disasters, deseases, climate attritions, naval attritions, more deeply economic system, historical events , more features for agents and ministers and etc etc etc. VDM adds more roleplay system ,it's a pity that not everyone knows about this mod.
    Last edited by Lordsith; February 01, 2016 at 03:39 AM.

Hello guys, I am searching for an overall campaign mod for Empire Total War. I want to use it with a friend in a large multiplayer online campaign. It would be cool if it is somehow compatible with the german language, so I do not have to use google for every second word. It would be enough if it is some kind of mix between german and english. If there is no such mix, just tell me which is the best mod for multiplayer campaign, thank you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Yes,... as far as where we want to go...it is unfinished. I am not sure what you mean by weird though. We strive for historical accuracy.
    The rosters, while obviously unfinished, seem to have stats all over the place. Some riflemen have 150 range, some 350, there are even really weird things like camel gunners with 400 range...artillery is even crazier. European artillery looks okay at first glance, but there are oddities, like some Swedish mortars and howitzers with range to cover entire battle map. Eastern artillery is far superior to western-most powerful European foot guns have 600 range and two guns per unit...some eastern nations like Persia have foot artillery with 800 range, four guns per unit. And then there are oddities like Danish rocket line infantry (I haven't figured out yet how to recruit those in campaign though).

I've tried the submod a bit...unfortunately it's just what I was worried about. AI can't deal with reduced ship maneuverability. In few test battles with larger ships, AI spent half of the time-and those were long battles-in a "dogpile", with its ships tangled up together as they tried to turn against the wind. The hull values make it even more ridiculous-when a sloop can take few point blank broadsides from first rate and not even slow down...

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    The rosters, while obviously unfinished, seem to have stats all over the place. Some riflemen have 150 range, some 350, there are even really weird things like camel gunners with 400 range...artillery is even crazier. European artillery looks okay at first glance, but there are oddities, like some Swedish mortars and howitzers with range to cover entire battle map. Eastern artillery is far superior to western-most powerful European foot guns have 600 range and two guns per unit...some eastern nations like Persia have foot artillery with 800 range, four guns per unit. And then there are oddities like Danish rocket line infantry (I haven't figured out yet how to recruit those in campaign though).
    Thanks,... I will look into it., The stats were created by previous team members.
    I know eastern guns were bigger, but they should be inaccurate. I will do some tests on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I've tried the submod a bit...unfortunately it's just what I was worried about. AI can't deal with reduced ship maneuverability. In few test battles with larger ships, AI spent half of the time-and those were long battles-in a "dogpile", with its ships tangled up together as they tried to turn against the wind. The hull values make it even more ridiculous-when a sloop can take few point blank broadsides from first rate and not even slow down...
    Yes, I felt it was too slow as well. I want realism, but not at the expense you suggest.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Icecyper View Post
    Hello guys, I am searching for an overall campaign mod for Empire Total War. I want to use it with a friend in a large multiplayer online campaign. It would be cool if it is somehow compatible with the german language, so I do not have to use google for every second word. It would be enough if it is some kind of mix between german and english. If there is no such mix, just tell me which is the best mod for multiplayer campaign, thank you :-)
    I do not think ETW has multiplayer. Ist nicht fur das gemacht.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I do not think ETW has multiplayer. Ist nicht fur das gemacht.
    Of course it does have a multiplayer campaign. The old Beta, you can still Play it...

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Most historically accurate mod?

This is no "which mod is better" thread. I am just wondering, of ETW mods, particularly Imperial Splendour and Imperial Destroyer (I believe they are both historical mods), which one is the most aimed towards historical accuracy in terms of factions and gameplay, instead of "super fair balance"?

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Most historically accurate mod?

I would argue that Imperial Splendour is. Having played Imperial Destroyer it seems to target more of an extensive range of historical/semi-historical units (Well, or unhistorical Persian Immortals) and values complexity, high numbers of units, and balance highly ; whereas Imperial Splendour did very extensive research on every faction done.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Default Re: Most historically accurate mod?

Alright, thanks for the help.

Default Re: Where to get colour-change mod for unitcards in

I am looking for most historical accuracy modification, in which most important is realism, not balance.

Default Re: Where to get colour-change mod for unitcards in

Quote Originally Posted by musketer View Post
    I am looking for most historical accuracy modification, in which most important is realism, not balance.
    One does not exist and none will ever exist. The game engine does not allow for absolute historical accuracy.

But I did not mean 100% historical accuracy modification, I mean the most realistic modification which was made

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Most stable good mod?

New to ETW, I wanted to choose the most suitable mod and concluded it would be DarthMod, Then, I read a few things about stability issues and bugs of DarthMod. Now, I am not so sure what to do.

So, which is the best package in the end, combining game stability, AI improvements and historical accuracy?

Default Re: Most stable good mod?

i think you should just play vanilla, but with all factions unlocked,
    and while you play, contemplate what you would want to change more specifically.

here is a mod that unlock all factions if you havnt got it already,
    the only change vs vanilla is mughal got larger start treasury...cause they need it
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...le-Now!/page27
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Default Re: Most stable good mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival2211 View Post
    New to ETW, I wanted to choose the most suitable mod and concluded it would be DarthMod, Then, I read a few things about stability issues and bugs of DarthMod. Now, I am not so sure what to do.

So, which is the best package in the end, combining game stability, AI improvements and historical accuracy?
    I'm a veteran of DarthMod and Imperial Splendour. And I personally enjoy IS more than DM. I feel it has more flavour, realism and historical accuracy. DarthMod feels a bit too arcady for me.

Thanks, poa and ZombieZleeping. I know ETW was condemned for its terrible AI on release. Is vanilla AI good enough now, or is AI competence alone still a reason to play a mod?

poa, since I was considering a Maratha campaign (since I live in India at the moment), I am curious to know why the Mughals need a larger treasury. Please, explain.

The Maratha is jokingly called the Orange Horde, because they often overrun the Mughals quickly and usually would send units to Europe and the Americas. The treasury increase is supposed to give the Mughals more money, thus the ability to maintain a larger army than the vanilla version. I actually developed a small mode that does the same thing, but more effectively. However, since you want to play the Marathas it probably not be the most ideal.

I don't mind the challenge. I don't wanna turn into the Orange Horde effortlessly.

mughal is horribly underdeveloped, religious issues, and there's not one thing right about it, and totally out-gunned vs maratha,
    i also enabled punjab infantry (sikh) for mughal straight from barrack level,
    but i cant remember if its done in my reduced movement mod or my pirate mod.
    The campaign movement points was my biggest catch with vanilla,
    when an army could teleport from the baltic sea to vienna in two moves,
    that dont rime with my readings of 30 years war
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....