Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Senatorix's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hi, I have two problems. The first problem is that I have the original game Empire, but we can only set levels everywhere - medium level graphics and other problem I can not install Darthmod. Thank you. I have a MSI Apache - GTX970M.

Sequence at Darthmode Massimo D: steam - SteamApps - common and Empire Total War, and this also repeated at the end of the second mode, and then not let me continue. When the graphics, I always look AppData, but do not find anything, I could erase, rewrite, to correct graphics.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Senatorix, this solution enabled me to set graphics above medium. You wrote that you look in AppData but do not find anything. The folders may be hidden by your operating system. Have you tried searching online for 'how to reveal hidden folders in [your operating system]'?

If you need help with installing DarthMod, you might find an answer in the DarthMod technical help forum, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Senatorix, this solution enabled me to set graphics above medium. You wrote that you look in AppData but do not find anything. The folders may be hidden by your operating system. Have you tried searching online for 'how to reveal hidden folders in [your operating system]'?

If you need help with installing DarthMod, you might find an answer in the DarthMod technical help forum, here.
    Hi, I would be very grateful if you help with this. I knew that those items can be hidden, I can not find them. I would like to set the graphics to ultra. The same problem I have with the Napoleon Total War. These two problems hinder me - graphics and Darthmod. In other series from Total War, I had no problem.

As I explained, to reveal the hidden folders, you need to search online for 'how to reveal hidden folders in [your operating system]'. In other words, if you are using Windows 10, then search for 'how to reveal hidden folders in Windows 10'.

Then follow the instructions to reveal hidden folders.

Then find your C:/Users/[your user name]/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts folder.

Then open the preferences.empire_script.text file.

Then edit the file following Choki's instructions:

gfx_video_memory 0; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #

Edit the Line with "0" to this:

gfx_video_memory 512000000; # gfx_video_memory <int>, Override available video memory (bytes) #
    Then save the file.

You should then be able to set the graphics to ultra.
    Last edited by Alwyn; January 22, 2017 at 05:46 AM.

Thank you very much. It helped. Finally I can play Empire on ULTRA.

Captain Orange's Avatar Libertus

Is there a unit skin mod that makes vanilla units more diverse and historical?

How can i change the German Rebell Flage from Imperial Destroyer to the Flag of BRD ( Black, Red,Gold ) Vanille Style Flag?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Do you know the name of a mod that changes the musket and artillery sounds to make them more realistic? I am pretty sure that exists since I saw some videos in youtube with different musket sounds than vanilla.

Thank you in advance!

In my opinion:
    DarthMod has the best musket sound
    Imperial Destroyer has best artillery sound

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    Do you know the name of a mod that changes the musket and artillery sounds to make them more realistic? I am pretty sure that exists since I saw some videos in youtube with different musket sounds than vanilla.

Thank you in advance!
    I'm using WeaponFX together with the Battlefield Blood and Smoke Mod and No Trails. I think the Darth Mod incorporates those mods anyway, but I preferred not to take the entire package as I didn;t want some of the changes it included.
    Last edited by Didz; February 03, 2017 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    I'm using WeaponFX together with the Battlefield Blood and Smoke Mod and No Trails. I think the Darth Mod incorporates those mods anyway, but I preferred not to take the entire package as I didn;t want some of the changes it included.
    Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for! since I want to combine the sounds with other mods.

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!

Default Looking for a mod(s) that add to vanilla a bit, but not a total overhaul.

Hello,

It has been a while since I posted here and been able to play Total War due total...well, let's just say computer problems. Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone could lend me a helping hand. I am looking for a mod(s) that adds a bit to the vanilla games, but doesn't totally overhaul the game. The last mod I played was Darth Mod and I do believe that is pretty much an overhaul. I guess I am just looking for something a little more simplistic.

Thank you in advance for any and all responses, suggestions and help!

Testudo

Default Re: Looking for a mod(s) that add to vanilla a bit, but not a total overhaul.

Welcome back!

Empire Total Factions unlocks all minor and emergent factions (not all of them are realistically playable, some have very limited rosters), improves the campaign and battle AI and adds a nicer campaign map. I recommend it for anyone who would like a mod to add a bit to the vanilla game, without changing too much. You can find it in the StartPos Mods area of the Hosted Mods section.

For factions with limited rosters, you could add a unit mod such as Swiss Halberdier's very impressive Additional Units Mod, or a specific faction/group of factions mod (I had a lot of fun playing Venice with Empire Total Factions and Pom's Italian States Mod, as you can see from my Venice AAR The Lion and the Eagle) or even my Minor & Emergent Factions Units Pack. Swiss Halberdier's mod is the most comprehensive and advanced unit mod which I know of for ETW; it seems to primarily add mods for major factions (factions which are playable in vanilla) but does add more units to other factions too. My Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack is far less advanced than Swiss Halberdier's mod (my mod only unlocks and modifies unused units which are already in the game's files) but it is specifically designed to make some minor factions (with very limited rosters, such as Morocco and the Barbary States) playable and to offer more varied unit options for most minor and emergent factions. Unit Packs are, as you probably know, in the Unit Packs sub-forum of the Mod Threads forum.

I suggest also considering:-

- Shokh Hates Sieges, which prevent factions from fortifying cities, so you play fewer siege battles (because I find sieges repetitive and, on India fort battle maps, laggy)

- Bran Mac Born's Battle AI mod, which reduces bad decisions on the battlefield by the AI

- Removed Gabionades, since otherwise whenever the AI puts cannon in gabionades, I just spend the first part of the battle moving my army out of their arc of fire

- Removed Bomb Ketches, Rocket Ships and Steamships; I can see where the game designers were 'coming from' (rocket ships beat ships of the line which beat smaller, faster ships which beat rocket ships) but I see them as unhistorical and annoying so I remove them

- Weather mod, if you find that torrential rain prevents you from seeing units (there is a version which just removed torrential rain) or if you prefer virtually always to fight without rain (there is a version which does that).
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 03, 2017 at 02:43 AM.

Hi,

Is there any mod that improves the naval battles effects and/or sounds and/or realism?

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    Hi,

Is there any mod that improves the naval battles effects and/or sounds and/or realism?
    There are mods that improve all of the things you mention, but ultimately it comes down to personal taste and preference. e.g. What you consider to be better and more realistic, may not be what I consider to be better or more realistic.

However, here is a list of the Mod's I usually play ETW with and why?

mod_BSM_4_1_Full_1_5 : Usually referred to as the Battlefield Smoke Mod, this mod improves both the visual and audio effects for musketry and artillery fire.
    mod_NoTrails Switches off the annoying missile trails used to mark the passage of shot in the vanilla game.
    proper_militia_v13 Gets rid of the stupid looking 'Onion Sellers' in their silly French berets that the vanilla game uses to represent militia, and replaces them with something more acceptable.
    WeaponFX Improves the sound effects for musketry and artillery fire.
    Ancient Regime France v04 patch. Changes the appearance of Royalist french troops to something more historically accurate.
    AR Spain Artillery patch As above, but for Spanish Artillery
    AR Garda Espagnola patch As above but for Spanish Guard units.
    AR Spain Line Soria patch Changes the inaccurate model for spanish line infantry to one that depicts the uniform of the Soria Regiment. (There are actually a selection of different Spanish Regiments to choose from, but you can only use one.)
    Drum and Fife Mod Changes the default marching music to a tune of your choice. Different versions of this mod can be activated to reflect the faction you are currently playing. Unfortunately, only one tune can be selected for the entire game, so the enemy plays the same tune as your troops, but its better than nothing.
    nerf_ketch_rocket_steam_x10 An essential mod in my opinion as it removes Bomb Ketches; Rocket Ships and Steam ships from the game.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Didz; March 13, 2017 at 09:16 AM.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default most of the mods here espicially the unit pack mods aren't available

I've been search high and low for certain unit and when I find them, the download links are dead or non existent and it's getting ridiculous
    I think It's about time the crew here at TWCenter needs to go through the non mods and delete them I've been a member here for 10 years
    and it was never this bad

PS: BTW I know this is in the wrong section for this, but I generally don't use the other forum as I'm all ways here
    so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place

edit: I'm trying to build regimental drummer unit and am struggling to get it to work so I look here and find one that had multi drum regiments and all the links have gone
    not to mention the other units I was looking for
    Last edited by onmy6; March 15, 2017 at 06:19 AM. Reason: pull in my hair out lol

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: most of the mods here espicially the unit pack mods aren't available

I might as well continue using this thread

I have a problem that someone maybe able to help me with
    I'm building a unit Regimental Drummers and everything seems fine in the code ( famous last words ) however when I boot up ETW and go it "play Battle"
    when the battle is loading the game CTD's right at the mark on the load bar at about a cm from the end.
    Would that indicate a problem with the graphics of the unit?

Thanks

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Forget it, I fixed it myself , Woohoo Drummer Regiments

Does anyone know how to change which regions emergent rebel factions appear in? Say to move hessian rebels to one of the balkans regions, then i could change the flag and name to creat serbia or bulgaria as a faction that can emerge?