Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Does any one know if there is a size limit to .pack files that ETW engine can read comfortably? I'm doing a mod merge with "darthmod 8.01", "AUM", "Minor Factions Revenge", "French & Indian Wars" and Huron Warparty" mods and so far I'm at 4.8 GB but I will be adding to it other mods of my own and others, just makes things simpler having the one file.
    Cheers

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Does any one know if there is a size limit to .pack files that ETW engine can read comfortably? I'm doing a mod merge with "darthmod 8.01", "AUM", "Minor Factions Revenge", "French & Indian Wars" and Huron Warparty" mods and so far I'm at 4.8 GB but I will be adding to it other mods of my own and others, just makes things simpler having the one file.
    Cheers
    Depends on what you mean by comfortably.
    If it crashes, it's most likely two incompatible mods that conflict, or a bug that is in a mod.

The only effect to having very large pack files that are perfectly compatible with each other will be longer and longer loading times.
    There most likely is a hardcoded size limit, related to the software and the engine but you are unlikely to ever hit it.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Thanks Goutlard, that's a big help.
    There are no crashes or CTD's everything works fine although it's still a WIP
    I made the adjustments necessary in each mod pack prior to merging
    but I'd hate to think it's been all a waste of time if there were a .pack file size limit as I continue

Cheers and thanks

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Can anyone point me to an authentic flags mod for ETW?

I know I once had a flag mod that made flags square, realistically, but I can`t find it. Can anyone supply a link?

Also are there any mods that have been created that make sieges not horrible? No monkey wall climbing and better siege AI?
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; March 29, 2017 at 03:44 AM.

Default Any mods for VERY hard economy for player AND AI?

I have been playing mod after mod trying to find one that does as topic title implies. The hardest economy I have found has been Imperial Splendor, however, the immersion quickly died once I got to French and Dutch Guiana and saw the French (who had both provinces) with SEVEN full stack Armies.

If anything, maybe what file I can mod. I am currently playing Minor Factions Revenge mod with my personal edited diplomacy (to make wars shorter and AI more open to giving up regions or tech if they are losing the war with me). Along with some eye candy stuff. All that is left is to nerf the AI economy even more and firther nerf mine and I should have the perfect modded game for my personal taste.

So where to edit:
    - Making AI economy harder so they build less Armies, concentrate on structures (so in a nutshell, France should only have at most 4 stacks by turn 30). Brans Campaign AI that has AI concentrate on buildings instead of Armies still produces too many armies.
    - Nerf my own economy even further

In a nutshell, I want VERY few Armies across the entire spectrum. This, added with diplomacy to sue for peace when getting defeated should work historically well.

Default Need help finding a startpos where Britain and France both start with colonies in India

I had this before but my computer crashed and I no longer have this startpos. Thanks.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Need help finding a startpos where Britain and France both start with colonies in India

Darthmods primary startpos has colonies in India for France and Britain
    France has Orissa and Britain has Bengal

Default Re: Need help finding a startpos where Britain and France both start with colonies in India

Minor Factions Revenge mod has it as well. Very under the radar mod that is great. Does more than just add emergent factions with own unique rosters.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Switz View Post
    Minor Factions Revenge mod has it as well. Very under the radar mod that is great. Does more than just add emergent factions with own unique rosters.
    I have to agree with you there, MFR is a masterpiece IMO and surprisingly under-rated, personally I'd have to rank it in the top 3 best mods for Empire, period

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Darthmods primary startpos has colonies in India for France and Britain
    France has Orissa and Britain has Bengal
    If I took the startpos from that and inserted it in my vanilla game, would that work? Where do I have to put the startpos and do I need to add anything to the script. Been away for a while and can't remember where all the stuff goes. Thanks.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    If I took the startpos from that and inserted it in my vanilla game, would that work? Where do I have to put the startpos and do I need to add anything to the script. Been away for a while and can't remember where all the stuff goes. Thanks.
    I'm not 100% sure if you can just swap it but it can't hurt to try, just make a .bak of the original startpos

As for where to put it in vanilla I think it would be: example X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\main
    However I'm not sure if it over-writes on start up, I can't quite remember
    Just remember the first rule of modding work...back up

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    It will most likely crash. Darthmod changes more than just the startpos and many of the changes in startpos needs changes in other game files.

Hey

So I've recently been playing empire again and I really feel like playing through a campaign with Saxony. I was wondering if that was possible? And maybe a mod that adds some units for saxony as well?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Hi EarlofCardigan,

Yes, you can play as Saxony either with Empire Total Factions (available from the StartsPos Mods sub-folder of the Hosted Mods area) or with the All Factions Unlocked No Fog of War mod (available from the Modifications area, in the Miscellaneous sub-forum). Both mods offer relatively vanilla (unmodified) game-play. You can probably play as Saxony with Hosted Modifications such as Imperial Destroyer, Imperial Splendour, DarthMod and Empire Realism; these mods offer significant changes to game-play, which you might or might not like.

If you use Empire Total Factions or the All Factions Unlocked mod, then these mods will not add extra units for Saxony. (The other Hosted Mods which I mentioned probably do, either in the main mod or in a sub-mod). If you would like to add more units, you could use the excellent Additional Units Mod, or the Minor and Emergent Factions Unit Pack, or Pom's German States Mod. (You might be tempted to try more than one of these at the same time. I do not recommend combining large unit packs in the same campaign. If the number of units which can be recruited in a region capital goes beyond a certain number, then we cannot recruit any units in that city). You can find unit packs in the Modifications area, in the Unit Packs and Stats sub-forum.
    Last edited by Alwyn; June 02, 2017 at 12:36 AM.

you need unlocked diplomacy for it to reallly work, as well as the right churches, here is a startpos for saxony, download both files into the same folder and unrar the first part, that will automatically include the 2nd. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...le-Now!/page29 i may also add that saxony is one of, if not the hardest faction to play
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Minors are often hard to play anyway, due to their privy purse being only 1750gp per turn instead of the 3000gp the major nations get. It usually comes down the trade: getting it and keeping it, until you can blitz a neighbor to take their regions (which inevitably kills trade with that nation during the course of the war, so don't take your time and definitely build up a treasury capable of paying the bills for a few turns while you're at it)

I've often argued that as we crank up the difficulty level in ETW, the privy purse should get smaller, ending at 0gp for VH.

Thanks alot guys i cant wait to get started!

Is there a mod that removes Native American artillery? The Native Americans did not have artillery batteries, its annoying.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Default Restored Content Mod?

Is there a mod that restores any unused content to the game?

Cut factions for example: http://empiretotalwar.wikia.com/wiki...emoved_Content

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Restored Content Mod?

Yes, there are mods which add unused content. Some unit packs such as Swiss Halberdier's Additional Units Mod (AUM) and the Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack add cancelled units; the AUM also adds many new units.

You included a link to a list of cut factions. Obviously, the Mughal Empire (which is in that list) exists as a minor faction; lots of mods make the Mughal Empire playable, such as the All Factions Unlocked No Fog of War mod and many hosted mods. Many hosted mods (such as Imperial Splendour, Imperial Destroyer, DarthMod, Empire Total Factions and Empire Realism) unlock the Mughal Empire and other minor factions. Some mods (such as Imperial Destroyer and Sturm und Drang) add factions; they might do this by converting cancelled factions such as the Swiss Confederation into other factions. I think I saw a screenshot of Imperial Destroyer showing the Khanate of Khiva (hopefully someone who plays Imperial Destroyer can either confirm that, or say that I am mistaken).