Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: ETW Mods Recommendations & Queries Here

I don't know about adding new crossing arrows, but the path is changeable in the traderoutes.esf (yeah, weird, I know). That's where all the path finding splines are located. There may be other locations as well, I'm still new at this and in the process of analyzing the files.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Default Re: I DON'T KNOW WHICH MOD IS BETTER PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    i hope they make a stand alone mod with the new regions & factions when the rest being vanilla
    there is such mod from the author of the extended campaign map. It's called Ultima Ratio Regum, but it's in russian.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

All the data about regions, pathfinding, etc. are located in pathfinding.esf, regions.esf and trade_routes.esf.
    We have tool to export data :

But researches about campaing map modding gave up and many pictures are lost now.

One way to edit data would be to convert them as .fbx file and modify them through 3ds max for example, in the same way as TWS2 Assembly Kit do.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Default Re: I DON'T KNOW WHICH MOD IS BETTER PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    there is such mod from the author of the extended campaign map. It's called Ultima Ratio Regum, but it's in russian.
    could you link to the download link, or upload it here thanks ?
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

In terms of unit roster and realism, what's the better mod? IS or DM?

If you are looking for realism; then you are looking for Imperial Splendour, Imperial Destroyer, and Empire Realism. DM gives you a lot of options. It also have a lot of reskinned units, but it doesn't necessarily make it historically consistent or realistic.
    I suggest you play each one for a few turns. I would start with IS and ER first as these changes the least number of files. Then try ID and DM. Another option, but not necessarily ideal for unit roster is APE:TI which add a whole new strategy to game- play. In the end, they are all good. It comes down to which one that feels best for you.

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    If you are looking for realism; then you are looking for Imperial Splendour, Imperial Destroyer, and Empire Realism. DM gives you a lot of options. It also have a lot of reskinned units, but it doesn't necessarily make it historically consistent or realistic.
    I suggest you play each one for a few turns. I would start with IS and ER first as these changes the least number of files. Then try ID and DM. Another option, but not necessarily ideal for unit roster is APE:TI which add a whole new strategy to game- play. In the end, they are all good. It comes down to which one that feels best for you.
    can i have both IS and DM at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Zooasaurus View Post
    can i have both IS and DM at the same time?
    No, every mod I suggested are "major" mods which make changes to the startpos files. Both mods also make changes to the same types of files. I am afraid you have to pick. You can pick choose which stuff you can use, but this gets tricky. If you are not familiar with modding, then I wouldn't know where to begin to tell you. I would just play one for a bit. Then uninstall it, then play the other. If you do that make sure you run Empire normally in between. Also back up the original files first.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I'm running Empire Realism and I think the battles are fantastic. But they've drastically altered buildings costs, effects, and technologies in a way that feels unbalanced to me. Constructing roads costs a huge 4000 coin for example, and, some technologies are just waay better.. taking away the element of 'choice' i.e. I have to chose the best one. Have you noticed these things? Am I missing something when it comes to their balancing systems?

Anyway, I am sure I will install one of the mods you've listed (not Darthmod, frankly) but having a hard time deciding. Do any of these excel in terms of campaign work?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Units regarding, best mods are Imperial Splendour and its addon - Rise of the Republic. You can play them modded, no need to use the same game settings. Light years ahead of the other unit mods.

Besides any's battle settings can be combined with any other's, so actually no need to waste time on a mod whose style in battle you prefer but is poor in unit roster, just overwrite with the one you prefer in user.script.
    Last edited by Dracula; January 13, 2016 at 07:18 AM.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Units regarding, best mods are Imperial Splendour and its addon - Rise of the Republic. You can play them modded, no need to use the same game settings. Light years ahead of the other unit mods.

Besides any's battle settings can be combined with any other's, so actually no need to waste time on a mod whose style in battle you prefer but is poor in unit roster, just overwrite with the one you prefer in user.script.
    I've installed Imperial Splendour and, yes, the unit roster is absolutely brilliant. Soo many factions to choose from also.

I'm also very happy to see expensive armies which will no doubt slow down my campaign which is great (I hate steam rolling the AI)

I will look in to battle submods because I do prefer the feel of Empire Realism in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    I'm running Empire Realism and I think the battles are fantastic. But they've drastically altered buildings costs, effects, and technologies in a way that feels unbalanced to me. Constructing roads costs a huge 4000 coin for example, and, some technologies are just waay better.. taking away the element of 'choice' i.e. I have to chose the best one. Have you noticed these things? Am I missing something when it comes to their balancing systems?
    It is there to keep progress more in level with gameplay pace and in some ways, that is quite historical. Major leaps in techonology tend to be investments now early in the game as opposed to default everyone all over the globe has at relatively precise timespan. I do agree there are few techs that are way better to priotise than others but it is not really that unbalanced in grand scheme of things. It also encourages to make decisions based on your current situation even if they are somewhat unoptimal or unusual. I once deliberately kept road connections poor in few areas to buy more time in case of multi-front war due having to actually plan how to spend my coffers, and when I eventually ran into four front war essentially it saved me a region due slow advance with surprisingly good number of siege artillery slowed down even further by poor roads. By the time they reached to assault I had 6x cavalry unit detachment in reinforcement range.

Easiest solution would be to use pack file manager to alter prices of buildings though.
    Last edited by Mjarr; January 14, 2016 at 08:26 AM.

Hello, I am looking for a graphics and sound improvement for Empire (textures, music, unit models, flags, smoke, firing sounds etc) but keep the vanilla gameplay for now. Any recommendations?
    ...ὣς οἵ γ᾽ ἀμφίεπον τάφον Ἕκτορος ἱπποδάμοιο.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

• 1600 Mod : new units (models, textures), etc. Focus on XVIIth century.
    • ACW : new units (models, textures), etc. Focus on American Civil War
    • Imperial Splendour : new units (models, textures), techtrees, buildings. Focus on XVIIIth century
    • Imperial Destroyer : new units (models, textures), campaign improvement. Focus on XVIIIth century

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    • 1600 Mod : new units (models, textures), etc. Focus on XVIIth century.
    • ACW : new units (models, textures), etc. Focus on American Civil War
    • Imperial Splendour : new units (models, textures), techtrees, buildings. Focus on XVIIIth century
    • Imperial Destroyer : new units (models, textures), campaign improvement. Focus on XVIIIth century
    Thanks for answering. I've already tried Imperial Splendour and I like it a lot. However, I just want to play a vanilla campaign and I was just looking for an improvement in the presentation department. Anyway, I have found something thas suits my needs, this mod that makes the game look like NTW does the trick.
    ...ὣς οἵ γ᾽ ἀμφίεπον τάφον Ἕκτορος ἱπποδάμοιο.

Default Portraits mod for turks??

looking for a mod the changes the Ottomans portraits to something more realistic.

Back to ETW again, for a while. It's the naval battles...I just like them. Problem is, usually the mods heavily nerf speed and maneuverability of ships, and AI isn't capable of coping with it, and naval battles result in huge mess as AI ships ram into each other as they can't maneuver properly.

So, I want just these things from mod:
    3/4/more TPY. The build/research times shouldn't be rescaled though...I just don't want to be hard pressed by the 200 turn limit of vanilla campaign.
    Naval battles remain at least bit fun. Some recruitment and economy rebalance might be good, but if anything it should make ships more expensive, not like Darthmod where I had several 20-ship fleets and every battle was huge mess.
    Improved BAI and CAI.
    Minor factions improved, playable and able to hold their own.
    If there are any additional units, quality over quantity. No description-less units with messed icons.

Are you willing to be a lab rat? I have developed naval and land battles, but like others I do find it to be too slow. I would love to speed it up and wouldn't mind some feedback. Also I'm doing CAI improvement. If interested I could also use some feedback as well. Check out my signature for links to all.

I'll check it out soon. I played IS quite some time ago, found it a bit unfinished...and, is some things, weird.

Yes,... as far as where we want to go...it is unfinished. I am not sure what you mean by weird though. We strive for historical accuracy.