Page 10 of 154 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Best major mod??

IS really redoes the campaign, while Darth does the battles. With IS, everything is more realistically priced, movement is changed, and a host of other things. I use IS since I autoresolve battles until I get multicore support.

Hi i am new to this so can you guys tell me where you get this mods and how you install them on your computer i have not put a mod on a game before so have no idea.

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

Hey.. I want a mod that gives me blood and smoke only no AI changes, is there something like that? I looked but i couldnt find any.

any help would be good.

Welshman25's Avatar Centenarius

Are there any mods that improve the campaign AI? Maybe one that is compatable with Darthmod?

I like Darth's battle AI but it doesn't do anything to the campaign...

Sknit's Avatar Biarchus

Hi i am new to this so can you guys tell me where you get this mods and how you install them on your computer i have not put a mod on a game before so have no idea.
    I would like to no also.
    "We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old."
    - Prime Minister Winston Churchill (after the fall of France)

I have like 15 retexture mods. I love Razor's redcoats, the new Dutch skins, Remo's full Ottoman, Prussian, and Austrian textures, and my own USA line infantry. I love Bloodmod, and I would use smokemod but it makes my computer lag and I would rather have nicer-looking units and sparkly water than excessive smoke.
    Don't say that! Download the blood mod alone if not the whole Smoke and Blood mod - it honestly makes it so much funner to play battles. I always love the spurt of blood in the air when I shoot a cannonball into a group of militia, or the amount of blood flying around when I shoot shrapnel into a group of militia. I do custom battles with only artillery aand militia just to see the blood on the smoke and blood mod - it is just so incredibly awesome!

I have tried both IS and DM - but my computer can't handle DM unit sizes, so I gave up on it. They are both good though.

As for APE, I think that now it has TI integrated with it, it will probably very quickly become the mod to go to : with TI being campaign AI, and APE making all the tweaks like DM and IS, as well as adding loads of new units. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if you are looking for a mod now to go for APE:TI and Regalia of Nations with Smoke and Blood (+any reskins you want).

I haven't tried APE:TI yet, but it looks very good.

Sknit's Avatar Biarchus

So i have edited a few unit values and also created some how units do i put them in game (i used pack file manager).
    "We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old."
    - Prime Minister Winston Churchill (after the fall of France)

Willowmound's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by cado095 View Post
    Well, you download them from here. Look for installation instructions in the download threads.

Myself, I haven't tried any Empire mods yet.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Irmo View Post
    Don't say that! Download the blood mod alone if not the whole Smoke and Blood mod - it honestly makes it so much funner to play battles. I always love the spurt of blood in the air when I shoot a cannonball into a group of militia, or the amount of blood flying around when I shoot shrapnel into a group of militia. I do custom battles with only artillery aand militia just to see the blood on the smoke and blood mod - it is just so incredibly awesome!

I have tried both IS and DM - but my computer can't handle DM unit sizes, so I gave up on it. They are both good though.

As for APE, I think that now it has TI integrated with it, it will probably very quickly become the mod to go to : with TI being campaign AI, and APE making all the tweaks like DM and IS, as well as adding loads of new units. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if you are looking for a mod now to go for APE:TI and Regalia of Nations with Smoke and Blood (+any reskins you want).

You couldn't try it unless you got the dev version from our SVN server as it's not released yet

APE:TI doesn't do anything much about campaign AI except for changing prices by the way. There's not a lot anyone can do right now about campaign AI because we don't understand the stuff in the startpos.esf and most of the values from the DB aren't actually used.

But I agree, when it's released it's definitely the mod to go with

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

A short question only: is there any micro-mod available that just makes the minor nations playable in the campaign and/or battles?

upsettingshorts's Avatar Senator

There is a standard unit-size mod in Darth's submod section. I use it now on vanilla ultra unit sizes.

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by upsettingshorts View Post
    There is a standard unit-size mod in Darth's submod section. I use it now on vanilla ultra unit sizes.
    Well ULTRA unit size is still big!
    I prefer to play with NORMAL unit sizes. I find it bad that DM provides that Commander edition and you have to do all kinds of stuff to make it go back to normal unit sizes.
    DM should bring out a secondary version with not such big unit sizes. Didnt he realize that most of us can barely play E:TW?

I used to play with DM at the beginning...when he didnt release that Commander edition. And it was really good. I loved what he did to artillery (really accurate like they are supposed to be).

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

I would also like to add that APE, and APE:TI when it is released, include Regalia's flags for battalions and naval units, Smoke Lite + Blood, and Remo's reskins! We also have Captain Cox's loadscreens, Waronmars' Pipmod, and Sinuhet's formations!

Thanks very much again to the authors who let us use their work!

These changes are in a patch pack that also allows you to not use them while still using the core gameplay changes! This is handy if you want to use a personal combination of graphics patches!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

upsettingshorts's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post
    Well ULTRA unit size is still big!
    I prefer to play with NORMAL unit sizes. I find it bad that DM provides that Commander edition and you have to do all kinds of stuff to make it go back to normal unit sizes.
    Go here, download the file. Select Normal unit sizes. Bam, just as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Danigol of South America View Post
    Hey.. I want a mod that gives me blood and smoke only no AI changes, is there something like that? I looked but i couldnt find any.

any help would be good.
    Blood and Smoke Mod, go look it up in the mods sub forum.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237457
    Last edited by Godless Pickle; May 25, 2009 at 07:01 PM.

I'm about to get my arse kicked by the French when they attack next turn in the Grand Campaign, is there any released mods which give a decent sized advantage to the player on a current save file? For instance a mod to give 10,000 gold per turn, or a one-off lump sum payment?

Icon5

BECAUSE

that "Mod Recommendation" sticky's a bit cumbersome

AND

i'm just about convinced that anybody with an opinion worth hearing has better things to do with their time than flip through 9+ pages of posts

WHEN

it's this friggin easy...

SO

ladies, i've created a poll that should reflect which of the 5 "Hosted Modifactions" is the most popular amongst our little total war community here

it'd be neat to see a poll like this placed somewhere safe and secure - within the confines of a consistently updated sticky - put together by minds greater than mine. Maybe.

Vote And Enjoy Please, Thanks In Advance.

My " 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox " seems to have succesfully illuded me.

How devastatingly embarassing...
    Last edited by Ishan; April 07, 2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Double Post

Default Re: Poll: Favorite Mod

true.

Soo....anyone know of a mod that allows for longer and more dramatic melee?? i mean the hand to hand is amazing but most of the time the units just stand there and look at each other. Also i want a more cinematic feel so longer hand to hand fighting would be nice...
    Some people were born to be great. Others...not so much...

-= ME!=-

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
    I'm about to get my arse kicked by the French when they attack next turn in the Grand Campaign, is there any released mods which give a decent sized advantage to the player on a current save file? For instance a mod to give 10,000 gold per turn, or a one-off lump sum payment?
    A nice little trick I read here on the forums;

Offer military access to say... the Persian for 1k to 2k gold. Then cancel it and offer again; rince repeat until said faction refuses, then move on to the next faction.

Viola! Instant free gold!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]