Page 1 of 154 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Please ask here if you're looking for any Empire mod recommendations. Any questions regarding a specific feature/s your looking for in a mod. What the most popular mod is currently. Any sort of questions like these, please post them here.
    Last edited by Tango12345; May 17, 2015 at 06:40 AM.

Default Re: Which mods to get?

Hi. If you want the smoke, blood, and the awesome battle drums and fifes I recommend The Battlefield smoke, sound & blood mod which you can get here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237457
    You should download the whole pack if you want all those good looking effects. I myself go only for the blood mod though, as it doesn't drop the fps at all.

You of course can use this mod manager http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335 As it may make things easier for you, but I really don't know how to use it, because I prefer editing the text file myself, which isn't hard at all either.

So simply you just put the .pack files in the Empire's data folder and edit the user.empire_script file in "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts" by adding there texts like mod darthmod.pack; or mod TerraIncognita.pack; with the name of the mod's .pack you use.

That's pretty much it. Hope this helps.

And by the way I recommend you to use Darthmod too, because it makes the game a lot better. Good luck, and be careful when overwriting stuff.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Which mod to pick - next treat - which mod to get?

Quote Originally Posted by sabana View Post
    Hi

I'm new to the modding community but would like to get a few for Empire total war. I would like the catchy tunes in the battlefield(rousing drum effects to get the soldiers motivated with the fife players accompanying them. Also I would like the wicked smoke effects(Mu computer is specced up so should be able to handle this feature).

Ps Do I need a mod manager(where to find one)? or will I just patch or copy paste into data folder. Some ask for this manager? Not Sure on that...

Many thanks in adavance and any http link that can direct me would be greatly appreciated.

regards Sab

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245175

Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by sabana; April 02, 2009 at 06:30 PM.

Icon6 Recommend any Quality Mods?

Can anyone out there recommend any mods that are worth the risk of having to reinstall the game or even worth the hassle of putting in my ETW directory alltogether? Is there a way to install a mod properly to the extent that if i don't enjoy playing it i won't need to re install the ETW?

I'm not sure if it's too early for any complete projects or not, what with the "modding tools" having yet to be released and all. I've been following the total war games for ages, and i've got a special little place on my desktop reserved for every installation in the series, but i've always spent more time playing the game than surfing forums. i don't know alot about what's out there beyond the developers descriptions, and i'm curious as to which ones you guys think are the most enjoyable. what mods i have tried proved to be a real pain in my ass and i'm a little apprehensive to deal with trying another one out again. that was quite awhile ago though, and they weren't for ETW.

I'm looking for more of a challenge on both the campaign map and the battle map. VH/VH is WEAK and i know i'm not the only dude out there that thinks it. It doesn't matter which faction i pick (brief rant ahead, but i think it's relevant), where i'm at on the map, or how i approach world conquest - it's only a matter of about 20 turns AT THE MOST before i'm without a rival on the map, and the challenge has become staying awake while RErereading a qoute from napolean before i micromanage YET ANOTHER trivial battle that the ai really doesn't have ANY HOPE OF WINNING AT ALL WHATSOEVER ITS REDICULOUS DUDE - unless of course i auto resolve, then they take my whole stack ALONG WITH my general AND WHATEVER THE HELL i put him there to defend in the first place. i can deal with one or two of those a turn (i rationalize it as if it were a realistic simulation of dealing with a mildly retarded subordinate), but it's only a matter of time before i'm dealing with 5-6. i break into a cold sweat every time i end a turn. seriously. and ITS NOT BECAUSE I DOUBT MY ABILITY ITS BECAUSE I SPEND TOO MUCH TIME PLAYING THIS GAME AS IT IS AND I DONT NEED POLAND-LITHUANIA TAKING TIME AWAY FROM THE 3 OTHER CONSTRUCTIVE HOBBIES I'VE GOT. 3. -------CA, wtf man? wtf? wtf...-------(rant over, you're welcome). if there were a single other faction on the map that threatened my sovereignty i wouldn't be complaining, but there isn't, and finishing a campaign has always seemed to be more of a chore to me than a real challenge. they got mods for that?

maybe i got a fever only multiplayer campaign can cure...but i can only imagine how long it's gonna take CA to work the kinks outta that patch to the extent that the concept is even practical after a release like this...

Without going into too much detail and wasting any more of your time, I can't help but feel that there are alot of aspects to this game that were neglected before the release and left incomplete (i'm sure you can come up with a few), and i'm losing confidence in C.A.'s ability to patch it all up. a mod that took these aspects into consideration and actually made them fluid with the mechanics of the rest of the game would be pretty damn wicked sick. they got those?

Thanks again in advance, and sorry for all the ing. I've always been more of a forum reader mooch guy and less of a poster type guy - so i figured i'd bless you guys with it now since my posts are few and far between. i have been moochin here since mtw vanilla though. i'm gonna be totally stoked if this doesn't get buried over in rants.

Senator

Default Re: Recommend any Quality Mods?

Imperial Splendour is a good mod if you are looking for a more dificult game. It is geting updated relativly quickly too so any bugs or imbalances that get moded in are quickly worked out.

I have heard some good things about Darth's mod, though I haven't played any of the newer versions. He did good work on Rome and M2TW as well.

I wonder which mod could be rated as the most historical, closest to historical accuracy?

This is a Released Mods SECTION dont post this here man...

thanks disaray, you know of a way to play the original ETW after installing the mod without reinstalling the game?

Senator

There is a file, user_scripts.txt. I think if you just deleat the mod file listed in that txt file the game should load as normal. Or you could just remove the mod file from the data folder. The game is much easyer to manage when it comes to going from one mod to another or from a mod to no mods. Also there is a mod manager in the tools file if you want some thing that is going to do these things for you. I don't know how well the manager works personaly, I have just managed the files personaly, but I have not heard any bad things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ruzenqures View Post
    This is a Released Mods SECTION dont post this here man...
    Why do you care, get a hobby.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyshadow187 View Post
    because there is a section for this kind of post already....

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sparky View Post
    thanks disaray, you know of a way to play the original ETW after installing the mod without reinstalling the game?
    Use the Mod Manager, it's very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyshadow187 View Post
    are you serius??LOL

Libertus

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

Quote Originally Posted by me
    OT: Am I right in saying that the mod on the last line of the user.empire_script will override any mod which uses the same 'entries' before it and so on, so each one above loads after the last and will override it if there's any conflicts?

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

OT: Am I right in saying that the mod on the last line of the user.empire_script will override any mod which uses the same 'entries' before it and so on, so each one above loads after the last and will override it if there's any conflicts?
    First of all, the pack files are loaded in this order: boot, release, patch, mod, movie.

Now, as far as I know, packs of the type mod are loaded by date. That is, older packs are loaded first and the newest pack last. In other words, newer packs overwrite older packs.
    Last edited by Tharros; April 04, 2009 at 03:12 AM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Where to get colour-change mod for unitcards in

Ive read somewhere on TWcentre or official TWE forums,that there is a mod who changes the background colours of unitcards in the hud
    It was supposed to be set to Green for better visualisation

Anybody knows something about this ??,i cannot find it
    maybe its a part of a bigger mod

Thanks in advance