View Poll Results: CampaignAI of DarthMod Empire 7,5 is...

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aggressive and challenging as I want (Excluding the Naval Invasion Bug)

18 24.32%
  • Better than Vanilla

44 59.46%
  • The Same with Vanilla

7 9.46%
  • Worst than Vanilla

5 6.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you find the campaign AI of DarthMod Empire 0,75?

Default How do you find the campaign AI of DarthMod Empire 0,75?

USE THE POLL AND POST IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING SPECIFIC TO REPORT.

Sorry for my mistake in the poll.
    We are talking about version 0,75.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: How do you find the campaign AI of DarthMod Empire 7,5?

You had me until you removed features like 'fire and advance'. I don't want anymore features removed. How do I mod it back in? Still having troubles with Pack Manager and Mod Manager.

Trust me it is better. Try a custom battle and tell me.

--edit
    Irrelevant to the thread BTW

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

OK.

Hi there Darth-

I have noticed some late game issues. About 1760ish large armies start to cluster about capitals and mill about. Small raids happen, but is seems the AI gets less agressive and far more defenceve and illogical.

However- I have only played through once... I wont be able to play through in one go untill next week, but I will let you know if it is repeatable.

I have to say, great mod . Your efforts have made this game interesting and fun... and that is waht a game is all about!

Darth, I completely agree with the removal of Fire and Advance. Since your removal I've noticed a late era campaign battle where the AI actually FACES my troops! They absolutely slaughter mine on 1 on 1 (due to the handicaps on a high difficulty). The previous AI would fidget a LOT, sometimes face the wrong direction, and rarely respond to a shift from my own troops. Sometimes it would glitch and they would stagger to and from formation.

The removal of this was a fantastic fix.

Now, would it be possible to include some tutorial on setting it up so that your larger elite infantry (grenadiers, guards, etc) can simply use fire buy rank? With the accuracy mods, the fire by rank is now far more advantageous to platoon fire.

Thank you Darth.

ok for the campaign AI, im doing a new H/H with GB, ive abandoned my outpost in canada and ive focused all my land units(1stack) to an invasion of georgia, and i was planning ahead a bit , moved my rake to establish whether a next-round attack of florida after taking georgia was feasible, and i found spain already had it :|
    spain is buffered against florida by france/lousiana, and their protectorate newspain is also buffered so they could not have walked on by and taken it,
    they are at war with spain currently so i am unsure of whats transpired;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

they may have taken settlement thru diplomacy, trade however cherokee have no other settlements but georgia kentuck and that one that houses their capital, kansas or whatever.
    so spain didnt trade one of their settlements for florida, darth did you edit campaign ai so that they accept technology and cash for settlements rather than a combo of settlements for settlements + tech/cash?

i guess it could be a naval invasion if thats even possible right now but im asking to find out for sure.
    whatever happened it happened a while ago as florida is semi well builtup with fortifications.

i thought spain already has florida at the start of the GC?

yeah i think that spain starts with florida in the GC, then usually lose it quickly vs the cherokee

my mistake, in last 2 campaigns florida belonged to cherokee whenever i had resources to invade east coast. so assumed it was cherokee property at start

I think the AI is abit TOO aggressive...i.e. the map of Europe is totally changed by 1730's

PlanetEx's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Don Of Atheos View Post
    my mistake, in last 2 campaigns florida belonged to cherokee whenever i had resources to invade east coast. so assumed it was cherokee property at start
    Nope, it belongs to Spain!
    Math, math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology - Peter Griffin (Family guy)

I think it was a good decision to remove fire and advance, AI couldn't use it properly (sucky function anyway). But I can't understand how you can say that the campaign AI has improved... for me, AI is as passive as always.

Default Re: How do you find the campaign AI of DarthMod Empire 0,75?

I think the CAI is ok now.
    Minors still love to declare war, allies not the most reliable for help.

But countries tend to accept peace deals more often.

ps.. I have gone to war with a lot of countries and gone to peace with them. But Prussia and Sweden are simply two countries that go to war with everyone and never want peace?

Quote Originally Posted by angusian View Post
    I think the CAI is ok now.
    Minors still love to declare war, allies not the most reliable for help.

But countries tend to accept peace deals more often.

ps.. I have gone to war with a lot of countries and gone to peace with them. But Prussia and Sweden are simply two countries that go to war with everyone and never want peace?
    Personally ive never ever once gotten a peace deal with any of the countries ive had war with. except of course those that approach me for peace. havent had much luck in 7.5 but havent really been playing that long to be at war with many so far.

i have to ask, are you proposing the peace deals you speak of, or is the AI?
    can

France and Prussia are currently fighting it out in Europe. Neither are making territorial gains (not from each other anyway, though Prussia is munching up most of central Europe and France have taken Croatia and a African region recently) they're just throwing stack after stack at each other.

Seems this has bankrupted the French after a decade of fighting (weak/destitute) and so they've come to me, Great Britain, their arch enemy from the early campaign, begging for an alliance. They hate me and I hate them according to the diplomacy screen, but they're literally begging me for an alliance.

I've never seen the AI do this before. I can only put it down to DM 7.5. Come to think of it I've never seen Prussia as land crazy as it is currently. Excellent stuff.

Of course I refused the French request for an alliance. I'm 5 years away from building 1st Rate Ships of the Line. Then the 20 years of peace between us will end.

Edit: As for people saying they have trouble getting peace, I find the AI will only accept it if you've hurt them (I.E taken regions). Even then Sweeden and Prussia always seem to refuse.
    Last edited by Vor; April 04, 2009 at 08:00 AM.

With 0.75 I too started a new campaign on H/H as Westphalia.
    The first 3 turns I had United Provinces, Saxony and Prussia declare war on me. I had to actually fight to stay alive at points, and when i finally captured Amsterdam I lost it due to having to move my stack there over to the east to defend against a prussian invasion. Then amsterdam got taken by rebels and at that point 1710, i was back at square 1.
    Then Prussia took Saxony in a fell swoop, followed by Austria, and a dogfight started over it(alot of turns it switching sides 1-2times), giving me some time to mostly recover and get Amsterdam back.

Eventually around 1720, I captured Amsterdam again and managed to fend of rebellions whilst securing my east flank with a fort. When I moved my 1.5stacks over to Saxony I managed to take it easily as Prussia had just taken some of Austria's regions effectively reigning over them.

But soon after that they called their army back to take their city back. This led to a 5year war over the town by Prussia, Poland-lithuania and me. In the end I managed to beat Prussia's final stack in that area and took Brandenburg and Saxony and the one south of that(Can't remember the name now).

Seems the Prussian empire couldn't take the war on all sides, but they got goddamn close.

So yes; I do quite like the Campaign AI now, atleast at the start.

Mhh. The US rebelled (my own fault, had three universities in New England) and quickly proceeded to capture almost my entire American holdings. I still control Canada, but everything below Maine is lost.

I was pondering sending one of my two standing armies across to deal with them when a rebellion kicked off in England.

I sided with the rebels.. I win the fight every time.. but I CTD every time Guess it's the end of my campaign.

I am happy to see other factions than Prussia,Poland,Ottomans and Russia warring.Minor factions are maybe a little too aggressive though,but its definitely better than vanilla now.
    6,022*10^23

Quote Originally Posted by Vor View Post
    I sided with the rebels.. I win the fight every time.. but I CTD every time Guess it's the end of my campaign.
    yeah my last campaign ended with trying to take Cherokee Territory - game crashes every end of turn. Big 'ol Vanilla bug I'm afraid. CA haven't ironed them out yet despite two attempts so far.

--------------

I am finding the CAI good and bad. It does seem to fall asleep at times and do nothing but maintain a status-quo. Then some minor change (such as me forcing a cease fire) kicks it back into motion.

I am beginning to suspect that the AI has the same problem it had in some previous versions of Total War, where it falls asleep and needs "something" to kick it into action again.
    ---------

Example:

Playing as GB on h/n.

I have Flanders and am at war with Spain. I have 2 Gentlemen in spain and AI moves ON, so i can see waht the AI is doing. Spain has 3 stacks in the North East on the border with France - they are doing nothing (France is Spain's ally).

I sue for peace with the Spanish asking for Gibraltar - they give me Gibraltar and Peace.

Immediately they then move those 3 stacks (which havent moved for 10+ turns) up into France and to the border with Flanders, the AI then declares wars and takes Flanders from me.

It strikes me that the AI just got stuck and didnt know what to do with those troops, or they were fulfilling some weird background AI purpose. But the AI literally "woke up" after peace was declared and immediately used those troops.

It makes very little sense but obviously does not appear to be a Mod issue, but a CA AI issue.

Nonetheless, when i hear such wide ranging opinions on the AI: some say it is aggressive, some say it isnt, it makes me wonder if the AI is falling asleep, or there is some consideration that is making it go "passive" from time to time.

I have tried the "make peace" thing three times now, and every time it has resulted in the AI suddenly becomming very active again. Of course 3 times isnt much proof of anything... possibly worth keeping an eye out for though and/or something to attempt if your game has stalled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast