Installation instructions
    Instructions for DarthMod Empire Commander
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

STEP1
    Decompress the file

STEP2
    Open DarthMod Empire Commander Edition file

STEP3
    Copy darthmod.pack and Paste to C:\...\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

STEP4
    Copy user.empire_script.txt and Paste to :

VISTA and Windows 7 users

C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    XP users
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

WARNING!
    If you do not see the above mentioned folders (AppData or Application Data), enable Windows to show hidden folders or to go there automatically:

Windows XP: Start->Run->Type %appdata%->Enter
    Vista and 7: Start->Type in the search dialog space %appdata% ->Enter

STEP 5 (Optional)

Install the included campaign starting positions.

NOTES
    -The instructions for the Lite Edition are similar.
    -The instructions for the Ultimate Edition are straightforward and available to the special download thread.

• The easiest way to understand that you have DarthMod installed watch a line infantry to have 110 range (And that the unit size is larger than Vanilla).
    • If your PC cannot handle the thousands of troops of DarthMod Empire Commander lower your settings (Normal = approximately Ultra of Vanilla version)

dom385's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DarthMod Empire Installation Instructions and Issues

i've downloaded the newest version but i dont seem to be able to install it. i've extracted all the files and everything but thats as far as i cna get, i dont seem to have an appdata (i am using vista). i've tried doing a file search but still nothing, how do i find it ?

Quote Originally Posted by dom385 View Post
    i've downloaded the newest version but i dont seem to be able to install it. i've extracted all the files and everything but thats as far as i cna get, i dont seem to have an appdata (i am using vista). i've tried doing a file search but still nothing, how do i find it ?
    set it so you can view hidden folders

hope that helps
    "After that business with hydrophobic invasion forces in Empire: Total War, it's impossible to sit down to review a new Creative Assembly creation without anxiety. Will I miss some grievous bug and end up looking like an arse? Should I sprinkle my paragraphs with verbal get-out clauses like 'appears to', 'from what I saw' and 'on the whole'? Am I destined to be remembered as the critic that failed to notice that all the horses in Shogun 2 only have three legs? It can reach the point where you wonder if you'd be better off phoning-in sick and letting the poisoned chalice pass to another poor blighter."

Libertus

Enable seeing 'hidden' files in vista.

Google it.

dom385's Avatar Senator

ahh thanks you

i do not have a creative assembly folder in application data, i have disabled hidden files, im using xp
    "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing -
    after they’ve tried everything else."

Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by tech9374 View Post
    i do not have a creative assembly folder in application data, i have disabled hidden files, im using xp
    hm... so you realise you have disabled hidden files...

why dont you show hidden files in order to get to the folder?

i think you know what i mean, hidden files come "enabled" standard and i "disabled" them.#

Ok? now please if you cant help dont post.

Sir Winston Churchill

Can someone please pm me with a more detail explanation on how to install it? I just cant seem to figure it out...

Quick way, if folders are hidden.
    Click Start menu and there Run... Windows key + R will also work.
    Then write or copy there:

On XP: %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

On Vista: %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

This will jump to script folder.

this is silly, i do not have any folder related to creative assembly or etw in my appdata/ application data folder!!!!!!

So obviously "XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts, possible variation between OS's, but from the appdata onwards it will all be the same."

THAT IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Installation Instructions (By ColdFire&Scivian)

Download the file linked in the first post
    1. Unzip the file using a program such as WinRar, which can be downloaded from here
    2. Copy the subfolders into the location described in the name of the two main folders. This may trigger a merge folder pop-up (depends on OS). Click yes

The in depth location for the script is:

VISTA C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts, possible variation between OS's, but from the appdata onwards it will all be the same.

• To understand that you have DarthMod installed watch a line infantry to have 110 range.
    • I suggest Hard/Hard difficulty setting for optimal challenge.
    • I always play on Ultra settings... why don't you? You like miniature armies or too much money in the campaign?

i have XP home edition.
    i not see the folder aplication data,where is?,thanks
    XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts, possible variation between OS's, but from the appdata onwards it will all be the same.

Thank you Dexteri. I do know how to find that folder though. I am just confused about where to put extracting files. I downloaded Darthmod with Winzip and there are two files i got - user.empire_script.txt and darthmod.pack. Where do i copy the script one and where do i copy the pack one? Sorry for bugging you guys so much but i am horible at things like this.

I just installed the game with updates etc, followed Dexteri's instructions with the script (very nice btw) and the Steam file like the original instructions. Now..... I can't even launch the game...says send error report etc.... I can not play Empire, the screen goes white after I try to start the game.

Also I did not try to play the game Prior to the darth mod instalation, so I am not saying this is the mod's fault in any way, I simply want to know if anyone can help me with this (maybe I didsomething wrong installing?)

Update

When I take out the user.empire_script file from the scripts folder the game launches. I check the line infantry range and it's not 110 so it's not working. I am doing something wrong obviously and it may have something to do with hidden files or something like that.

Sigh........... This is such a pain guys, how these ppl complicate things so much as simple as it was with Rome....

I should have read this before making the thread I made still

"So I had followed all the instructions provided and I am fairly certain that I had put all the files in the right spots, yet when I start the game from the steam console the plain vanilla game comes up. If screen shots are needed to prove that I put it in the correct areas they can be provided. So any help at all would be appreciated."

Just copy and pasted sorry for the extra thread if a mod would be kindly as to delete it or even answer it ?

Quote Originally Posted by RealGaz View Post
    I should have read this before making the thread I made still

"So I had followed all the instructions provided and I am fairly certain that I had put all the files in the right spots, yet when I start the game from the steam console the plain vanilla game comes up. If screen shots are needed to prove that I put it in the correct areas they can be provided. So any help at all would be appreciated."

Just copy and pasted sorry for the extra thread if a mod would be kindly as to delete it or even answer it ?
    Ehh,what do you mean?
    Check line infantry range,if its 110 then everything is ok.There isnt Darthmod loading screen or anything like that.
    6,022*10^23

Quick question... do you have to delete the previous mod files to upgrade to the newer version? Or does it just overwrite?

Quote Originally Posted by parchy View Post
    Quick question... do you have to delete the previous mod files to upgrade to the newer version? Or does it just overwrite?
    Owerwrite.
    6,022*10^23

I'm having the same problem. I put the darthmod pack file in the data folder and the script file in the other one. I can't see any changes. Line infantry still says range 70 in a custom battle...

Is there anything else that needs to be done? I just can't seem to get it to work. =/

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast