Thread: Bug

Default Bug

Hello all,

I have a problem with RS 1.5. I bought RTW Gold and installed it with BI. I then made a copy of the folder so that I could install RS 1.5. The problem is that when I try to play the campaign a dialogue window comes up with the message "Please choose an option". When I exit the program there is a Vista dialogue window that says there is an error with the starting date on the file descr_strat.txt. Can anyone help me?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Bug

Can you confirm that the RTW install worked OK. Can you also confirm that the RTW BI install worked OK?

Does the dialogue box have 'select an item from the list'? If it's that error then it means that the RTW and/or RTW BI is not patched to the correct level. The latest version of RTW is 1.5 and RTW BI is 1.6. You can confirm the version in-game by looking at the top right hand side of the options menu.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Can you confirm that the RTW install worked OK. Can you also confirm that the RTW BI install worked OK?

Does the dialogue box have 'select an item from the list'? If it's that error then it means that the RTW and/or RTW BI is not patched to the correct level. The latest version of RTW is 1.5 and RTW BI is 1.6. You can confirm the version in-game by looking at the top right hand side of the options menu.
    They both worked OK. The error is the one you said, so you must be right. I will check the patch versions, although since it is RTW Gold I assumed both RTW and BI were patched to the latest version.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Anticool View Post
    They both worked OK. The error is the one you said, so you must be right. I will check the patch versions, although since it is RTW Gold I assumed both RTW and BI were patched to the latest version.
    Depends upon the version of RTW BI. There are some around (old ones) that are 1.4 and when it is installed it downgrades RTW from 1.5 to 1.3....

But again, it's a symptom of the 'select an item from the list' message.

If you need to find the RTW patches they can be fond at the bottom of the first post in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169585

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here