Thread: classes

Default classes

where have all the professors gone? this place seemed to have life awhile back.

-Ian

Default Re: classes

At least one of them has kept himself busy just making sure the site stays on-line. I don't know about the others. I was really looking forward to the scripting class, though. . .
    Son of PW

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    At least one of them has kept himself busy just making sure the site stays on-line. I don't know about the others. I was really looking forward to the scripting class, though. . .
    I have contacted GED about this yesterday. If he provides me with the syllabus I will teach the scripting class.

Okay, I'll keep dropping in from time to time, but don't start without me!
    Son of PW

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    Okay, I'll keep dropping in from time to time, but don't start without me!
    All students will get a PM once I get the syllabus and it will start in a standard week from that time, with whosoever affirms they still want to take the class. Registration will still be open for that time period(and is open now, I'll reference the two related threads for a student list).

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

so can i ask to take the scripting class? or are their pre-requisites for it? and what games will this cover? rtw, m2tw, etw?

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

I would like to see empires covered in the next classes.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PubliusKhannus View Post
    so can i ask to take the scripting class? or are their pre-requisites for it? and what games will this cover? rtw, m2tw, etw?
    You can take it. There are no pre-requisites. The scripting class covers Medieval 2 and Kingdoms, but some of it will be applicable to Rome as well. The scripting language in both is the same, minus a few of the parts, you will just have to speak to a Rome scripter to better understand the limitations in that system.

Empire uses a language called LUA, which is wholly different. Trying to describe it now when so little is known about the engine would be a futile exercise. But there are plenty of guides and tutorials a user can take, perhaps even books, about learning how LUA syntax works and understanding all the core concepts, which will help them understand the interface language used in Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by krycek View Post
    I would like to see empires covered in the next classes.
    If Hex approves such a thing(and by Hex I mean those charged with the administration of the Uni), assuming someone wishes to hold said class, then one will be held. However, and as I stated elsewhere, tutorials are the best place for Empire information until the engine stabilizes, because what we don't want for classes is for them to become obsolete, as they are all archived and meant to be the absolute most helpful resource to aspiring modders.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Al -- if you are creating a student list from this thread, count me in for the scripting class.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Yes the same goes for me, i wane give this a try.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

jml322's Avatar Tiro
    Chicago, IL but, lived in Texas, Cali, and Az. Grandparents moved from Denmark.

Please count me in in addition.... I already have a coprehensive list of future modders that would REALLY LOVE a modding class by anyone who would like to step up to the task.

If you think that you could do a modding class please let the TWC team know as well as myself and lets get the ball rolling asap...You would be welcome by many with open arms....

Thank you and count me in for scripting please!!

JML322
    "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." George S. Patton

jml322's Avatar Tiro
    Chicago, IL but, lived in Texas, Cali, and Az. Grandparents moved from Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    All students will get a PM once I get the syllabus and it will start in a standard week from that time, with whosoever affirms they still want to take the class. Registration will still be open for that time period(and is open now, I'll reference the two related threads for a student list).
    Please see my post in this thread regarding a modding class. More focused on Modeling etc...

Much respect,

JML322
    "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." George S. Patton

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

I would like to take the scripting class if at all possible (never taken a class on here so I am not completely sure what it entails but I bet I am up to it. )

so will we see some classes on Empires? did HEX boot all the professors.
    Last edited by krycek; October 15, 2009 at 09:46 AM.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

i'd love to take any class about medieval or rome (i don't have empire, and don't intend to get it for sometime - due to system specs)

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by krycek View Post
    so will we see some classes on Empires? did HEX boot all the professors.
    The University is overseen by its past professors, so no one has been 'booted'. None of the current professors care about Empire though, so it's unlikely a class would be taught on it unless new blood were to volunteer and be deemed suitable.