Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ancien Regime ETW re-texture ( France, Poland-Lithuania, etc...)

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Ancien Regime ETW re-texture ( France, Poland-Lithuania, etc...)

Salut cousin Français!

I must tell you Toniho, that I have no ctd problem with my texture and I have played a prussian campain of 140 turn at least with no problems. Usually, The worst that can happen, is that you get the vanilla texture instead of mine. If you use isilendil mod it can be a problem for the loc file has not been udated. otherwise you have to make sure that your startpost file is patch 1.3 compatible ( if you changed it).

The only "known" bug with my french texture for patch 1.3 are that officer2 and musician2 are not reskinned but the rest should work fine. I hope you can find the answer to you problem
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

Seniors! How can I open the zip files that contains this mod? Its written that file is damaged.

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

holà
    Senior el matadoral, I checked the file poland files and they are all right. ( note I don't know which file you tried to extract). What I can tell you is that Hohenstaufen seemed to have the same problem:
    Hohenstaufen:
    Excellent work here, but can you check again the uploaded files? Because when i'm trying to extract them it says damaged file. I've tried downloading them 4 times. Thanx in advance

EDIT- Problem solved, winrar could not recognise french characters
    Maybe it is the software you use to unzip. Try maybe to change the pack name with english caracter and it might do...
    Check out:

Lovely retextures there! I haven't yet played any of these factions, but I'm looking forward to it now!

Toniho's Avatar Foederatus

33Orion77.

Thanks for your quick answer.
    I never change the startpost file, i must confess i don't even now where is it
    About the loc file, how can i know if it is updated or not ?
    (Sorry i know very few in files, computer etc...)

I read somewhere in the forum that some people have the same kind of ctd during battle, since the 1.3 patch, even guys who never install a mod on ETW.
    It may comes from video drivers or else. And it can explain why i meet problems when you don't (and i guess a lot of other lucky AR users).
    My videocard is an ati 4870 512 mo.

So i update all, remove all the mods even AR (so haaard to play vanilla ETW with its crappy french troops) and i try a campagne.
    No ctd at all (120 turns at this point)
    Now, i try with at least AR ans see how it works.
    Maybe i will disturb you again if it fails (cause the locfile you speak about could be my last problem)

Thanks again for being so quick and helpfull.

Et vive la France ! et les cousins canadiens.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Is there anywhere i can get the french line with the pink cuffs and facing from the barry lindon vanguard scene?

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaMea View Post
    Is there anywhere i can get the french line with the pink cuffs and facing from the barry lindon vanguard scene?
    Not sure the facing depicted are pink, they look red to me. The flag flying over that regiment is actually that of the Regiment de Flandre but they had blue facings so I assume its just a generic French looking regiment rather than being based on a real one.
    http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...res_Infanterie

There are a whole range of French reskins available both from Ancient Regime and elsewhere and I'm sure you will find one with red facings somewhere.

French 111e Regiment (Ancient Regime Reskins)

Great troops

Toniho's Avatar Foederatus

hi,
    Just in case someone else got same issue with AR and the 1.3 patchs.
    Since i update my Ati Drivers, and use ONLY French AR. No Ctd during battle. (French domination Campaign: 70 turns clean atm.)
    Will try the other Ar and more mods to see if all came into normal with the drivers update.

to Orion: thanks again and sorry for the disturbing
    Telling me that you don't have any problems was in fact quiet helpfull !

Hi everyboy, I have a proble: the doesn't work. I installed it in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data and launch the game. I don't see the modifications for the french... I've download the two links... What can I do? Thanks a lot.

Salut tout le monde, j'ai installé le mod, cependant il ne marche pas. J'ai téléchargé les deux liens pour la France et je les ai installé dans C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data. Puis j'ai lancé le jeu et les skins de base y étaient toujours... Que faire?

Merci beaucoup.

Amicalement, Priam.

Bonjour, utilise tu mod manager ?

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

Quote Originally Posted by 33orion77 View Post
    This is a realistic re-texture project for ETW. Since I love history and uniforms, to reskin ETW became a little hobby. ( I reminds me when I used to paint miniatures ) All the texture are based on history you can see this incredible source of information for yourself below. I began with France but Unfortunately (or fortunately) I like to spread myself and now, You can find all kind of textures to bring the overall visual aspect of ETW to a higher level.
    You know, reading this is so familiar.. I feel the exact same way about retexturing units in Empire: Total War! I used to be absolutely addicted to painting my own American Civil War figurines and making interesting battle scenes with them, but now that this game is out, I just can't help myself.. I keep going out to find new source images and try to mod those units into the game!

The screenshots look fantastic, so I'm definitely going to give this a try! One quick question though; does this mod retexture the existing line-ups only or does it also add units? I'm not a very big fan of mods that add units, so I thought I'd ask..

If the latter is the case, would you be willing to create a seperate 'light edition' for the countries you've already retextured?

In any case, thanks so much for the link and the compliment! You can bet I'll be around here more often to see about any updates or new screenshots!

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

Euh, non... Il y a un topic pour ça en français stp? Merci beaucoup.

Straight retextures, Jarno. No new units.

I'm not a fan of new unit mods either, prinicipally because 1) they clutter up the recruitment cue needlessly and 2) you can't remove them without invalidating your save files if you've played any decent length of time.

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

That's fantastic news! Now I'm definitely going to download this..

And I'll also take another look at those other mods that were linked to. It's become very difficult to find retextures around TWCenter lately. There are just so many people working on it..

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

hey orion just wondering if there will be a france update in the near future. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Priam View Post
    Euh, non... Il y a un topic pour ça en français stp? Merci beaucoup.
    Non il vas falloir te remettre à l'anglais ... la communauté française de total war est plus ici que sur d'autres forum !!!
    il faut que tu télécharge mod manager (MM) ... puis tu l'activera via mod manager ... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335 ou http://sourceforge.net/projects/etw-mod-tools/files/
    (télécharge le et instal le dans data c mieux ...)
    Ensuite, tu pourra activer ou désactiver tes mod à chaque lancement du jeux (à condition que les fichiers des mods soit enregistré en "mod" ... si ce n'est pas le cas tu peut les modifier avec pack file manager)

cdt léo

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

Hello all!
    Thanks for all this nice feedback!

@ Priam
    Je dois avouer, Priam que je me demande ce que tu fais d'incorrecte. Donc tout d'abord tu dois décompresser les fichiers Ancien Régime France v04 et Ancien Régime French infantry package. ( je suggère de le faire sur ton bureau ou dans tes dossiers.) Ensuite, tu dois copier le ficher Ancien Régime France v04 patch.pak et le fichier *.pak qui correspond au regiment d'infantry que tu desire utilisé. Ne copie pas tout les fichiers de regiment mais seulement un ( ex. 24e La Reine patch.pack )( mettre tout les fichiers des régiment pourrai causer des problèmes... )
    Ces fichiers comme tout mes fichiers sont des " patch pack " donc, en theorie, Mod manager ne les affichera pas dans ta liste de mod. De toute façon, etant donné que les fichier sont des patch tu n'a pas besoin de mod manager et tout fonctionne en multi-joueurs. Dans le pire des cas, si tu as toujours des problèmes, Tu peux toujours m'envoyer des messages personnels en français et je tenterai, au maximum, de t'aider

I must admit, Priam I don't know exactly what you do wrong. So first I suggest to decompress the files on your desktop and the copy in your data folder the two following: Ancien Régime France v04 patch.pak and the pack file corresponding to the line infantry regiment you want to you (only one ) ( ex. 24e La Reine patch.pack )( putting all the line regiment could cause problem )
    Since all my files are patch pack you don't need mod manager to make them work and it works in MP too.
    If you have any more problem don't hesitate to PM me in french and I'll do my best to help you out

@ G3nuine Chief
    You're right, I've negleted a bit my duty to France. Two texture isn't much to do but until now I've delay it for a few reason. First, I wanted to redo most of France. So I wanted to release a complete new version for France and wait until all are done. Now things became a little more complicated with my implication on a new mod. I'm discret about it but I've been working on Portugal lately... so I got distracted a little bit from the main plan... Also I was wondering about the officer... Should the officer but white or blue... I know both answer are right and wrong but I would like to have all your input on this... So since the main french project got a little delayed I really need to address the issue. So I'll put some work on this... et vive la France!

@jarnomiedema
    Thank you very much!
    Yes, exept for Isilendil mod and some british links, all what you can find are only vanilla re-textures. In part because I'm bad at sripting but I'm working on it little by little. Vanilla re-texture have pros and cons but honestly my historical sense makes me want more and that why I must admit I'm a bit jalous of mod like yours and Erasmus777 Danish mod ( for example )(proper officers for unit etc...). That why when Erasmus asked me to join him in his new mod project I did not hesitate.

It is so true how miniature painting is like re-textures, I also remember how you evolve and how your views on the matter can change radically. If I look back at the first texture I even made ( french foot artillery ) I find it horrible... Well, I know it's not tottally the case but the textures could be worked a little more... Since France is my first whole retexture, so now, there a lot of things I would do different but everything come in due time... I also must admit that you ( and your team) have, with other people like Magnus72, Remo, Megasalexandros, Hellfell ( just to name the most dominant) influenced and inspired me. Thanks to all of them. My textures for the Poles is my most accomplished project untill now. I still have mixed feeling for some textures tho but I'm quite proud of what I've done in general.

Unfortunately, I've nothing new to show... well maybe this..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Source:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is a Polish Janisaries unit I did for the secret project Alpha-Z39439232DW
    But this is just a teaser for this Project ( The name is not finalized) it's not 100% sure but maybe in september you should know more about it...
    Check out:

Good to hear, well im all for waiting till you re-new France, as long as the Coureur de bois stay the same hehe. As for the officers Blue makes them stand out and i like to see my officers, but mabey a mix would work cut the corners.

Well, I'll still be following your work, but if it ends up in an additional units thing I'll probably end up passing, unfortunately. There's something wrong in the philosophy of additional units on their own sake; they can't be removed without invalidating save games, and without any particular theme they're only so much windowdressing. Nonetheless, your work has always been outstanding so you can be certain I'll keep following what you end up doing.