Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle map speed reduced 50% mod

SteveUK's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Battle map speed reduced 50% mod

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed612 View Post
    Um... ever heard of pause?

Wow....thanks so much for your insightful input is that the same as the word "pausa", originating in the 15th century?

If so then yes I have thanks.
    Mods I use;

My own for slowing movement.

"It is not truth that matters, but victory" Adolph Hitler.

is there a chance to alter this separately for land battles and sea battles?

eg. 50% for land and 30% for sea?

Thanks in advance!

Hi SteveUK,

Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Most mods upto now have changed the terrain cost to slow things down but this one changes the unit speed not terrain.
    This is very interesting. Any value in letting us punters know why this is an important distinction? I assume there might be a different fatigue effect ... anything else?

UPDATE: 6/4/09

I have combined my slower movement speed mod with re-done terrain effects so it can be used with any of the major mods i.e. Darth's, I.S. etc
    This increases battlemap movement speed slightly over my original but is still slow enough to allow plenty of time for making those crucial decisions
    Just make sure that my mod is loaded last to overwrite any terrain changes made by the above mods.
    I have also increased Light and Medium cavalry charge speed slightly and increased the effect of moving through woods.

UPDATE: 9/4/09

I have added a third file which now reduces speed to 2/3 of the original as requested. I also added to cavalry charge speed slightly and increased movement cost for all units through woods.

UPDATE: 10/4/09

By request I have increased horse drawn artillery speed slightly.
    Name of file is: mod_SB_battle_movement_speed_Art.rar

This is based on my original speed reduction mod. Please follow advice at top of page regarding usage with other mods.
    Which of the 4 files do I need to use to get the complete mod? All of them?

Cheers, Moopere.

good mod indeed,is it possible to use it with the darth mod together?

Quote Originally Posted by Preussen Gloria View Post
    good mod indeed,is it possible to use it with the darth mod together?
    I'm using Darths, followed by blood and smoke (light version), followed by battlefield sounds, followed by the last three SteveUK mods (in that order). Works a treat! Really really good. I'd recommend the combination to anyone who likes a really good tactical game rather than a simple smash and grab.

Cheers, Moopere

thank you for the answer moopere,after hearing that it's possible to combine the darthmod with this one i am going to give it a try.

by the way,do i have to download just the first file or all four of them?

klesh's Avatar Senator

Icon13 Re: Battle map speed reduced 50% mod

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed612 View Post
    Um... ever heard of pause?

Yes, it has no effect on the speed of which your units traverse the battle map relative to one another.

Try again.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Quote Originally Posted by Preussen Gloria View Post
    by the way,do i have to download just the first file or all four of them?
    I'm not completely sure. I asked the same question. I got it to work by downloading the last 3

Regards, Moopere

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    is there a chance to alter this separately for land battles and sea battles?

eg. 50% for land and 30% for sea?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Takeda

I have not modded the sea tables as my main objective was the land battles. If you take the unit_stats_naval_tables from either Darthmod or Imperial Splendour then you should get the desired result. They both slow down the movement but also change many other aspects of the sea battle.

Moopere: Yes correct...in testing I noticed a change in fatigue effects.

You only need the mod_SB_move_combinedV1.0 file if using other mods but always list mine last.

Preussen: As above, use mod_SB_move_combinedV1.0

Sorry for delays in answering.......I have been very busy

Thanks for all the positive comments
    Mods I use;

Preussen: As above, use mod_SB_move_combinedV1.0
    Ok. I'm using Darths as a base and plonking sound/blood and your mods on top. I'm quite interested in having the speed at about 66% of vanilla as your mod suggests -after- Darths, does this still mean that I only need the file:mod_SB_move_combinedV1.0?

This mod, along with the sound mod has transformed the game for me, I was about to put it back on the shelf.Thanks a million for your efforts SteveUK, I hope you can continue to find the time to keep the mod working as Darths changes in the background.

Regards, Moopere

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    Ok. I'm using Darths as a base and plonking sound/blood and your mods on top. I'm quite interested in having the speed at about 66% of vanilla as your mod suggests -after- Darths, does this still mean that I only need the file:mod_SB_move_combinedV1.0?

This mod, along with the sound mod has transformed the game for me, I was about to put it back on the shelf.Thanks a million for your efforts SteveUK, I hope you can continue to find the time to keep the mod working as Darths changes in the background.

Regards, Moopere
    Well the mod_SB_move_combinedV1.0 file, gives 50% speed reduction with enhanced terrain to counteract changes made by Darth's or anyone else's mod.

Try using the 66% mod as this contains terrain effects from the original game so will negate any terrain changes made by other mods . Speed will be slightly less than 66% as I have not altered terrain on this one but obviously faster than the 50% combined.

Glad your liking the mod Moopere. As for updates....I'm waiting on the next patch to see what changes they make (if any)
    Mods I use;

Hello SteveUK,

I am presuming that the mod will need to be updated to work with the big patch CA released today? Seems from reading about here that most mods broke after the patch.

Regards, M.

Hello SteveUK,

I am presuming that the mod will need to be updated to work with the big patch CA released today? Seems from reading about here that most mods broke after the patch.

Regards, M.
    Hi Moopere,

My mod should work fine but have yet to test it. I do not think CA changed any settings my mod uses so it should be ok. I will have a look later tonight to see if any issues raise their heads
    Mods I use;

Hmm. I never got a chance to play too many games before the most recent 29/4 CA patch so maybe what I'm going to report is standard and normal behaviour, please forgive me if so.

I generally like a big map, so have tended to play on the (only) 4v4 map even in SP games - of course to do that you have to pretend to play an MP game, add a computer opponent and press go. In this mode the 50% speed mod seems to work really well. However, since the patch I've been mucking about and played a few of the standard maps (2v2 generally) in normal SP mode. Maybe my perception is off, but playing in this way I'd swear that movement is normal and not slowed down....has this always been so?

Regards, Moopere

Hmm. I never got a chance to play too many games before the most recent 29/4 CA patch so maybe what I'm going to report is standard and normal behaviour, please forgive me if so.

I generally like a big map, so have tended to play on the (only) 4v4 map even in SP games - of course to do that you have to pretend to play an MP game, add a computer opponent and press go. In this mode the 50% speed mod seems to work really well. However, since the patch I've been mucking about and played a few of the standard maps (2v2 generally) in normal SP mode. Maybe my perception is off, but playing in this way I'd swear that movement is normal and not slowed down....has this always been so?

Regards, Moopere
    Hi Moopere

Sorry for delay but not been at home much recently. I checked the new patch and as far as I know, no changes were made which would affect the speed
    Since the new patch, I have only tested speed on a single player battle which seemed to work fine. I will try to load up a campaign (time/family permitting) and play a few battles to see if I can see any problem.

Thanks for the input
    Mods I use;

Hi Moopere
    Since the new patch, I have only tested speed on a single player battle which seemed to work fine
    What I'm looking for is the tell-tale men running in slow motion thing that inevitably must happen when units are slowed down without rebuilding the animations. In the big MP 4v4 map I see it, no problem, the map becomes 'massive' because its hard to move about quickly which is great.

If you have time to test this stuff try a SP 2v2 sized map. When I use such a map here the men seem to march and generally move at a speed that is around about what you would expect given the animation. (ie, no slow down / slow motion). I'm going to try a 2v2 MP type game (with myself...if that makes sense), I have a feeling that SP games are no longer slowing whereas MP games are working fine.

Cheers, Moopere

Hi Moopere,

Your right.........the movement has changed. The new patch has added early/late movement cost modifiers which I believe is the cause of the speed increase. I will work on a solution to this but I am very busy at present. Try using the 50% speed reduction mod for now. You may see some speed ups (especially on formation change), but it may slow it down some. I noticed playing a battle 2v2 that the A.I. seems to speed up considerably while performing certain movements. I think the A.I. changes CA has implemented, has changed the way the A.I. moves in certain situations.

Just added another file........try this one. It's not perfect but should do until I have the chance to properly go over all the new changes.
    Last edited by SteveUK; May 04, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Mods I use;

im having a problem using this mod withe the sharpes mod and aum 1.8 mod
    no matter which vesion I use it always disables the sharpe and aum mod
    any help would be good
    thanks

Just added another file........try this one. It's not perfect but should do until I have the chance to properly go over all the new changes.
    I tried this one: mod_SB_50_combined.rar

I'm pretty sure its ok though I have a little bit of doubt surrounding running units, particularly cavalry. Could be that its just been a while since I played vanilla and I've forgotten just how fast they all rush about.

Moopere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast