Thread: Wondering about combatiblity of small mods with large mods

Default Wondering about combatiblity of small mods with large mods

I'm trying to get a good setup of some mods now that I've put a lot of time into Native. So I would like to mod Native, plus get going on a couple of major mods: Lords and Realms; Native Expansion.

But it's tough sorting out what is compatible. I've read threads stating which *are* compatible, but I'm sure there are others, and maybe some good rules of thumb. I've done some digging about what modifications are made, but maybe somebody ('somebodies') here can help.

Specifically, I know that the major mods mentioned both add new units and items. So, can I also add these:

animations compilation mod
    bumpy textures
    flying missiles
    standard weapons upgrade project
    unique armory

I can't quite discern whether these will conflict. I think they would just add things (not overwrite, except possibly true Native), and only modify textures in a good way, if at all, beyond Native. Does that seem right? Or am I playing with fire here?

Thanks!

Default Re: Wondering about combatiblity of small mods with large mods

First of all you should make a copy of native, so you can go back if anything goes wrong.
    SWUP (Standard Weapons Upgrade Project) simply replaces the original weapons, so you should backup the textures folder.
    It should work with any mod, since it's not even 'in a mod' so to speak.

The Flying Missiles should work with any mod (if it's not already a part of it). Same goes for the Animations Compilation.

Bumpy Textures shouldn't make any difference. It just replaces the native textures.

The 'unique armory' should also work, but if the mod already has one or more of the weapons from that mod you might get trouble with the 'textures',
    since you'll have two identical texture files. I'm not sure how you work around that...

My best advice is to have two copies of M&B and fool around with anything you like in the 'test' version

You might be interested in the Native Pro Mod Pack:
    http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/...cid=7&lid=1179
    It's a mod that combines several other mods (incl. some of the ones you're interested in).
    I haven't tried it myself though. The installation sounds like a hassle.
    Last edited by Adorno1; April 03, 2009 at 06:21 AM.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Default Re: Wondering about combatiblity of small mods with large mods

Thanks Adorno1, that helps a lot. I decided to basically go with all of them except Unique Armory, which I left for just native. I know that Lords and Realms and Native Expansion both add items, so I didn't want to mess with any of that.

Still trying to figure out the animations one - it doesn't have Shield Bash, which Native Expansion uses, so not sure it will conflict. I think it replaces the actions.txt file. Maybe I can merge the contents of the file instead. Need to dig some more.

Thanks for the help.