Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~ Ketzer's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ~

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Default ~ Ketzer's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ~

An agents, traits and ancillary mod.

~ Ketzer's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ~

Version 0.00.01beta. Partly still experimental.

What this mod contains so far:
    Gentlemen:
    - Slightly raised initial duelling skills
    - Can spy now.
    - Can duel colonels and generals outside a settlement.
    - Lowered research effects for industrial/agriculture research traits.
    - Can not gather traits that add millitary research points! Moved to general!

Generals:
    - Can research now. Can only contribute research points for military techs (not fully implemented, yet - Generals have hardly any impact on research so far. Gentlemen are still better. Not much impact on the game. Play. )
    - Several command-related traits and ancillaries now also offer more research points for mil. tech.
    - Some existing traits have added effects like "bloody": raises religious unrest by a percentage; there must be some to modify in the first place, however.

Missionaries:
    - The personal piety trait has been changed from lowering religious unrest to raising it by a big percentage. Use missionaries offensively now if there's a region with large religious unrest. These guys may tip the iceberg, now.

Rakes:
    - Slightly raised initial espionage skill.
    - Made traits and ancillaries more powerful.

Colonels:
    - Can be duelled by gentlemen. Results in the same effects assassins had on captains in Rome and M2! A colonel's troops may return to the next friendly settlement as if they were fleeing when there is no colonel that has valid orders...

Assassins:
    - Raised initial espionage skill.

Eastern and Indian Scholars:
    - Equalised research power with gentlemen. Scholars can't duel, so they get some assassination skill (not fully implemeted, yet).

Screenshots:
    (There's more to come soon!)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A general and his ancillaries and traits.

Many basic command traits (good attacker/defender etc.) offer +2 mil. tech research per level.
    A young, freshly recruited general will need some time before he can make a notable impact on military research. The Aide of Camp as seen in this screenshot offers +2 general research skill.

The generals positioned through startpos.esf or it's savegame counterpart have their skills and trait/anc. effects saved with them. That's why only new generals recruited after activation of this mod can learn researching! You can check whether you have such a general by having him move in to a school/college/university; the reearch window will pop up just as if you had moved a gentleman.

Gentlemen can duel more peeps out there now - even colonels; but only when they are outside a settlement:

Of course, generals can be duelled, too.

Rakes have the weakest duelling skills, followed by colonels. Generals are better with sword than with pistol, gentlemen vice versa.

I'm experimenting on even admirals being "duellable" by having a gentleman infiltrating his fleet and from there use the duel icon at the bottom right... I'll see what I can do.

Issues:

- Most changes only occur with the first new agents, not with the ones existing at the start of campaign or an old save-game!. Your first generals your campaign begins with won't be able to research, for example. That is because the placed agents in startpos.esf all have their own unique skill and trait settings, and those are the vanilla ones.
    - There may be more campaign lag.
    - Long-term gameplay effects not fully tested, yet. You can help there!

Standing Goals For The Future:
    - Make all agent types more useful. An agent in game-internal terms is either a minister, gentleman, rake, assassin, missionary, general/admiral, or even a colonel/captain.
    - Give more of an incentive for gentlemen to not sit around in schools and colleges all the time.
    - Give both gentlemen and assassins more opportunities to train their skills and collect traits.
    - Move all military tech research contributions from gentlemen to generals.
    - Make ministers movable and able to act on the campaign map.
    - Create a new agent type: "Lady". Shall have some good counter-espionage skill and an own, unique skill; someting like "seduction", maybe?

Installation:
    - Put this pack file into your data folder and edit your user script accordingly or use the Mod Manager to activate.
    This mod does not change anything about units, ai, battles, so it should be compatible with both Quixote's or Darth's work.
    Note once more: The initial generals, rakes etc. that spawn with beginning a new campaign won't have most of the new stuff. Wait until more new agents spawn to test this mod for it's effects! Also, save-game compatibility may be hampered!

Discuss.
    Last edited by Ketzerfreund; April 02, 2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Screenshots
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Default Re: ~ Ketzer's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ~

Sounds pretty cool actually.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

great movie

ErikinWest's Avatar Civitate

Glad to see this stuff can be modded. Rep.

Erik

Music is the pinnacle of civilization and Jazz is the apex.
    Member of S.I.N.
    The means justify the ends. Or better put: the same means will achieve the same ends.
    Under the patronage of Chandrashekar Azad.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

You so sexy! +rep
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Thank you.
    Will post some screenshots soon.

Some very interesting ideas here! I like it, I'll be keeping an eye on this one...

Updated opening post with the first few screenies.

Great idea! Im gonna look for this one.

_XIII_'s Avatar Libertus

awesome idea it was kinda is that you could only duel gentlemans

No, that isn't a banana

Are you worried about General spamming?

No, OTZ. There are maximum numbers of researching agents - "slots" - per school/college etc. that can actually contribute to research. In schools it's just 1 slot, in colleges, two, in universities 3, which is the max.

And remember, generals will be easier to duel now. They are better with sword than pistol and the gentlemen's duel skill is higher now.

Installed and testing, and also wanted to toss out an idea: is there a way to make gentleman impact diplomacy?

I've already gotten one thing for my super general that gets +2 military research, but there's no way this man's going to sit in a university! Hopefully I'll spawn a rake next time I play and try him out...

Intresting mod...

Just some ideas for future stuff,

Have you noticed you can drag assasins onto ministers in the minister screen, dont seem to do anything yet. But maybe some form of interaction there would be good.

IE Make Gentleman into ministers or ministers into gentleman. Perhaps be able to assasinate your own Monarch (like in Med 2) if he is inbred and slavering. Or some other interactions between Gentlemans etc and the Ministers screen.

All in all great sounding mod, will do much to enhance the roleplaying aspects of Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Or some other interactions between Gentlemans etc and the Ministers screen.
    I know my ministers get traits that affect battle and campaign movement... I'd love to see the ability for Kings to lead their men into battle, generals to run ministries, and gentleman doing diplomacy or even running ministries (but now I'm probably dreaming).

I know having Euler (just got him! YAY!) as head of the Prussian treasury would certainly have changed history!

Quote Originally Posted by BagpipeDan
    I know having Euler (just got him! YAY!) as head of the Prussian treasury would certainly have changed history!
    He wouldn't make a difference with the Russians sitting in Potsdam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat
    All in all great sounding mod, will do much to enhance the roleplaying aspects of Empire.
    The role-playing aspect is exactly one of the main points. A new version is coming soon which has it's pack structure tidied up and a streamlined trait dispension.
    Generals and gentlemen will be able to become good counter-spies, the duelling pistols ancillary can be gathered by all but missionaries and scholars. Only generals can get the mil. tech traits. The initial research skills of both gentlemen and Generals are extremely meager since I discovered that you can make buildings and traits produce research points specific to a field... Finding that out was very cool, it gave me the idea to leave only enlightenment research in universities, while industry would have to be researched in farms/factories, economy in trade ports (indeed, there are different traits for enlightenment and economy, although they are internally the same field), mil. tech in barracks/military admin. or even forts...

Also, it does indeed seem to be possible to have agents affect the population happiness. Be it for industrialisation, clamour for reform or religious unrest. And it may also be possible for gentlemen to affect politics.

But first things first. The version you're testing right now is being tidied up and completed; afterwards we'll see what else I can do.

If you look into the opening post under "goals", Dogmeat, you'll see that making ministers movable is one. Depending on the traits they've gathered in their political posts, they'd be good generals or good counter-spies or whatever...

To all those that are testing this beta right now: Please be on the look-out after the gentlemen's and rakes' skills; see if any of the skills get too strong too quickly or something like that. Thank you.
    Last edited by Ketzerfreund; April 04, 2009 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    Also, it does indeed seem to be possible to have agents affect the population happiness. Be it for industrialisation, clamour for reform or religious unrest. And it may also be possible for gentlemen to affect politics.
    This is incredibly inspiring news (along with the rest!). Is there a way to spawn agents with different specific starting skills (eg. some men who will be good at provoking populations to riot, etc?).

As it stands I haven't had much chance to test anything other than rakes, but they seem actually useful now as opposed to before, where four in every 5 rake would die before their third mission (and then even after becoming "good" they never gained any skills or abilities).

I'm very excited about this mod (playing it with IS so with the new super-expensive generals there's very little risk of General-Scholar spamming!) and will keep following it closely.

One concern: is the computer going to be able to know how to do all this stuff? Is it possible to keep computer research the same, and only affect human players? It's not like the computer is any good at researching now as it is (the Dutch have so many military techs, yet not a single trade/enlightenment tech [I know because they keep begging for them!]), but complicating it might just confuse the poor, stupid AI
    Last edited by BagpipeDan; April 05, 2009 at 05:15 AM.

Another idea for Gentleman would be in voyages of discovery, Say if a gentlman circum-navigated the world they migh get some Charles Darwin like ability.

Maybe even discover Australia hehe - ooops that would need a tad more modding to achieve hehe

but ideas along that line, ie make it worthwhile for Gentleman to explore etc.

EDIT: maybe some coproduction between this an the Royal Family tree mod that just came out would be sweet. Then You could have hiers and ministers running around the map as Generals and gentlemen, like they did in them real empires.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; April 05, 2009 at 06:06 AM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

hey if you make rake worst why don't you make them spy best?
    usually I use rake to kill enemy gentlemen but now they so useless
    spy they get kill
    duel they get kill
    what the hell are they born for?
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

excellent. something that really needed looking into. will enjoy seeing this mod progress. +rep.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast