View Poll Results: Shall seal become a Civitate?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 70.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

3 30.00%

Thread: [PASSED 04/10/09] [Civitate] seal (Patron: Яome kb8)

Civitate

Default [PASSED 04/10/09] [Civitate] seal (Patron: Яome kb8)

[user]seal[/user]

Patron's paragraph
    My contributions to the community has been primarily on the Discussion and Debate forum. For the most part, my comments have been, I hope, well thought-out and added something to the discussion. As a husband and new father with a full-time job and part-time educational responsibilities, I have limited time to be online. Therefore, when I do have an opportunity to post, I seek to have a reputation of provoking thought and discourse, wasting neither mine nor anybody else's time. To that extent, I believe I have been fairly successful.

I add to these discussion by virtue of world experience. I have lived for substantial lengths of time on four different continent during my adult life. I have been to war, and I have seen first hand the horrors of extremism and absolutism. I have dealt with people on a professional level across the socio-economic spectrum. I have done all this, while maintaining an open mind and a healthy sense of humor, albeit one that tends to be infantile at times.

I have never believed that I have the only correct answers or opinions. If a person can rationally and logically explain their position, I will happily reassess my own. There have been several incidents on this forum where I have been shown wrong, and I have always acknowledged that and given credit to where it is due. It would be refreshing if more people took this attitude towards debate, instead of blindly following their initial impressions. I hope my presence may inspire a bit of that.

I have give an opportunity for those interested to potentially contribute to foreign policy in this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=226928

I never sought out citizenship. My impression was that it was a badge bestowed upon an individual by the community. If the community believes that I have merited such distinction, then I will gladly accept those honors.

patron: ME

patron's paragraph I first noticed seal in this thread here. Not often do I see members openly admitting mistakes and when they are wrong in the Mud pit or D&D in general. I took it as a positive sign and carried on looking around.

Despite the fact I disagree with him on the political issues, I found his attitude to be very good and modest and him personally to be extremely mature, calm and collected. His posts are of quite good quality and his arguments reasoned and well constructed.

He doesn't come on all that much, so he hasn't racked up a massive post count, but his contributions are one of quality rather than quantity. See here for some threads he has been in recently.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245111
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=244116&page=5
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=226928

I think he would make an excellent citizen and a useful addition and perspective in the Curia.

Яome

Default Re: [Civitate] seal (Patron: Яome kb8)

I like this poster very much. He is one of the few that posts analytical, serious posts in the D&D. He is always respectful and hasn't incurred a single warning or note in a year of posting. He posts in depth and seems to know what he is talking about. Competence is a fast dying trait in the mudpit and academy so every shred of it should be cherished.

Voting yes for now.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I don't frequent the D&D much but I have seen him post before and was impressed. I will take a closer look.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Almost certainly going to vote yes.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

I've looked up his posts, most seem far above par. The only con would be his lack of posts, but their high quality far outbalances their low number. Yes.

Civitate

Time to vote?

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Yes. Poll added.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Going to be voting yes on this. This is a good example of a user who maintains consistently good levels of discourse in the discussions they take part in. While he may not be around much, and it is hard to say whether any posts in the flooded mudpit are of great service, it is certain that he has all the qualities of a citizen and carries himself well.