Thread: Can't beat the AI...please help!

Default Can't beat the AI...please help!

Hello! I'm playing the historical campaign in viking invasion+XL mod, and have a problem with 3rd battle playing with Saladin... i just cant find a way to beat the French,no matter what i do. my soldiers just run away soon after the battle starts,can anyone help me what to do?

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Can't beat the AI...please help!

You can't beat the AI? What a concept! I should try MedTW some time .

Quote Originally Posted by dr.separator View Post
    Hello! I'm playing the historical campaign in viking invasion+XL mod, and have a problem with 3rd battle playing with Saladin... i just cant find a way to beat the French,no matter what i do. my soldiers just run away soon after the battle starts,can anyone help me what to do?
    It's the same with me. Can anyone help?

Is this the one where they have a huge army including Hospitaller Foot Knights and you have a pathetic army of horse archers and low-end infantry? If so, then I can't help you since I was always trounced on that one!
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

I'm not sure about XL, but I had a similar problem playing several factions in the Redux mod. In that mod the Norsemen are difficult (almost impossible) to beat. On the "org" forum someone recommended attrition battles; you initiate a battle, cause as many casualties as you can and then retreat (exit the battle), as well as attacking smaller outposts, building up your fleet to prevent reinforcements, etc. Whether these are a worthwhile recommendations or not, I don't know.

well,i managed to defeat French somehow by charging immediately! I killed their king and won
    but also have difficulties with another battle: its the second battle of the 100 year historical campaign called the Loire Valley, where you lead your army with Joann d'Arce. Its the siege battle,and I have tried many times but couldn't win no matter what I do.
    Can anyone help? (or if you can't,do you know of any cheat code that works on battlemap?)
    thanks in advance

This whole game is beyond me....if only they had made it more like RTW and less like shogun...
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Edward lV's Avatar Campidoctor

Thats the beauty of medieval, the AI kicks ass.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Is that the one where you start off literally right in front of the French? Acre I think?

Yeah, that is a really difficult battle. It took me numerous tries to beat. I don't even remember how I did it. I think I tried to rush all of my troops up to the top of the hill while sacrificing some peasants to keep the French in check long enough to get into position.

Edit: haha yeah, and the Loire valley is also really hard. Never got around to beating it. Orleans was a piece of cake.

I think that the Mongol and Barbarossa campaigns were the easiest. I had some trouble on Milan (of the latter), but I beat it eventually. The English 100 Years War ones are easy once you get the hang of it. English morale is a lifesaver, especially in Poitiers and Agincourt.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Commander5xl's Avatar Ducenarius

Med:TW is just tank on the AI even without a mod, Ive been playing Med2:TW and came back to Med:TW after finalyl figuring out how to get it to work, and I was playing on easy and im normally on hard when i play Med2, but i got the ass kicked out of my by a revolt in the Iberian penninsual wheni was playing as the Alomahads
    ~UpNorthCanuck
    formerly Commander5xl

Agent Miles's Avatar Tiro

dr. separator, here is what I did.
    This is a link to a series of snapshots I made for the battle of Acre (on VH):
    http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/AgentMiles/Acre/
    The tactic I used was to shift all of my cavalry to my left flank and crush the French right flank. I then chased off their missile units. My Saracens fell back to the protection of the tent area, which acts as a forest to the pursuing Knights. This pins their most powerful units while I pound the rest of their army into dog food. Finally, I chased off the French coward, I mean king, and then Salah al-Din personally spanked the last of the Frenchies.
    Allahu akbar!
    An army of rabbits led by a lion will always overcome an army of lions led by a rabbit. Napoleon