Thread: campaign_ai_manager_behavior_junctions

Default campaign_ai_manager_behavior_junctions

Does anyone have a range for these values and a better description of how they work?

Obviously this file controls alot of global AI behavior and is probably the best place to tweak it.

I just don't know how much to change the numbers by, if they have to add up to something, if they relate to money is some way, etc.

I assume FULL is for the GC AIs
    I assume MAINTAINANCE is also for the GC AIs

Any info would be appreciated.

Default Re: campaign_ai_manager_behavior_junctions

In the Startpos.esf each faction have define what its AI is.

Major Factions typically use FULL while Minor Factions use MAINTAINANCE. Then each one can define a special style like maritime_repressive, etc.

In the Startpos.esf each faction have define what its AI is.

Major Factions typically use FULL while Minor Factions use MAINTAINANCE. Then each one can define a special style like maritime_repressive, etc.
    If you would change MAINTENANCE to FULL on minor factions, would they act more aggressively, or "smarter" if you wish?

If I wanted a faction to focus more on territorial expansion by land, what would I use then?

Mixed/Continental Progressive maybe?
    Last edited by Sorkenlol; April 02, 2009 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote07 View Post

I did.
    That thread basically says. We don't know what the values in this file do.

I attempted some changes last night. I just subtracted from some and addes the same amounts to others. The game ran fine.

It looked like I was able to tell the AI to stop building so many boats and start building more land units.

However, my attempt at changing what it did with the boats it had seemed to fail. I _think_ I got them to repair more, but other than that, they just wandered around aimlessly back and forth.

The AI also seemed to merge stacks more often and put them in thier cities instead of roaming so much. However, what I wanted it to do was put more stacks on its borders and attack its neighbors more.

Here are my changes:

ftp://christopherpisz.is-a-geek.com/...hbits_mod.pack