Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

Default Re: Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

Hey,

It looks like it has to do with the version of ESF editor that I was using and I assume is your issue also. I thought I was using the newest version but it turned out that it was not the case. Version 1.4.5 of ESF editor should work.

Link to download
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=303205

Can anyone help me change the portraits for the kings?
    Last edited by OSUfan; November 03, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

I'm running into an issue with this. I followed the guide word for word except I didn't make any changes to the portrait. When I start the gameup it begins what I believe is loading all the packs and the game CTD. If I remove my new pack from the data folder the game loads fine.

EDIT #1: This step here -

"Rename the new pack file to whatever you wish but make sure you click on "Choose a Pack Action" and select MOVIE TYPE!"

I changed it to MOD type instead and the game now loads fine. However the new surname I created shows up blank.
    Last edited by dcpuser; December 16, 2009 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpuser View Post
    I'm running into an issue with this. I followed the guide word for word except I didn't make any changes to the portrait. When I start the gameup it begins what I believe is loading all the packs and the game CTD. If I remove my new pack from the data folder the game loads fine.

EDIT #1: This step here -

"Rename the new pack file to whatever you wish but make sure you click on "Choose a Pack Action" and select MOVIE TYPE!"

I changed it to MOD type instead and the game now loads fine. However the new surname I created shows up blank.
    I have the exact same problem, and I've tried the same thing as dcpuser without any luck. As movie type the game CTD, and as a mod it doesn't seem to load, at least it doesn't have any effect on the game. I even tried changing the screen name of Sweden and the nation description without any changes happening ingame.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Yep, finally figured it out. I installed mod manager and made sure my own mod was loaded. However I don't understand the step where you have to change it to MOVIE type because that still causes my game to CTD. I left it as MOD and it works fine.

Is there a way to stop the Generals from ageing or increase their Lifespan?
    I would hate to see a custom General to die after a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by addz View Post
    I have the exact same problem, and I've tried the same thing as dcpuser without any luck. As movie type the game CTD, and as a mod it doesn't seem to load, at least it doesn't have any effect on the game. I even tried changing the screen name of Sweden and the nation description without any changes happening ingame.

Anyone know what's wrong?
    Are you using the localisation_txt from the latest patch_en.pack (after last CA update on 7th of Dec.)? You have to make it always "movie" type if you want your changes be loaded.

Ok,

names_name_names_pirates Jamie Jamie False
    names_name_names_pirates Brannen Brannen False

That's easy.
    But what about a three-part name ?
    I see three-part names in Vanilla ETW, so I assume that can be done.
    Example : Audrey Amalia Kristin

Does anybody know how you would divide this up ?
    Would it be names_name_names_Austria Audrey_Amalia False
    names_ name_names_Austria Kristin False

Or - names_name_names_Austria Audrey False
    names_name_names_Austria Amalia_Kristin False

Does it matter ?

How about a four-part name ( assuming it's not too many letters ? ) Matthais Paul von Liechtenstein ?
    Last edited by kesa82; January 08, 2010 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Are you using the localisation_txt from the latest patch_en.pack (after last CA update on 7th of Dec.)? You have to make it always "movie" type if you want your changes be loaded.
    Okay well the problem with that is the game CTD when it's set as "movie" but it doesn't when it's set to something else like mod. So there's a step missing somewhere here.

Quote Originally Posted by kesa82 View Post
    Ok,

names_name_names_pirates Jamie Jamie False
    names_name_names_pirates Brannen Brannen False

That's easy.
    But what about a three-part name ?
    I see three-part names in Vanilla ETW, so I assume that can be done.
    Example : Audrey Amalia Kristin

Does anybody know how you would divide this up ?
    Would it be names_name_names_Austria Audrey_Amalia False
    names_ name_names_Austria Kristin False

Or - names_name_names_Austria Audrey False
    names_name_names_Austria Amalia_Kristin False

Does it matter ?

How about a four-part name ( assuming it's not too many letters ? ) Matthais Paul von Liechtenstein ?
    The name can have as many words you like. There already three part names in game. Look in german with Von in them. Anyway it does not matter what you right in names_name_names_xxxxx_xxxx. The important is column B. If you enter a name with 10 words it will be shown up with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpuser View Post
    Okay well the problem with that is the game CTD when it's set as "movie" but it doesn't when it's set to something else like mod. So there's a step missing somewhere here.
    Is there any other _loc file forgotten from a mod that you had before? Some modders name them also _txt. It is not normal this CTD.

Thanks HusserlTW . I thought that was the answer, but I wanted to confirm it.

The OP should state WHAT , exactly , do you back up / save before making these modifications?
    No clue is given.
    So I copied Empire total war / data folder into a new folder in documents. That's fine as far as it goes. Now I certainly won't lose any original vanilla Empire files. ( I think ....I hope.... )
    On the other hand, that save took 20 GB .
    Hopefully that's the last big save I'll be doing. Otherwise I'm out of memory.

------------
    Step 1)
    Open up local_en.pack in your data folder using PFM (Pack File Manager) and click on local_en.pack then click on text and highlight the file named: localisation.loc
    At the top right side of the pack file manager you'll see: Add New Row, Clone Current Row, Delete Current Row | Export TSV Import TSV.
    Click on Export TSV into a NEW folder named "text" INSIDE your data folder. Also RIGHT mouse click on localisation.loc on the LEFT side under text and choose Extract Selected to the same "text" folder inside your Data folder.
    ------------------

ok, right off the bat this doesn't work. Step number 1, after back up / save files , apparently , should have been this : " ( create) a NEW folder named "text" INSIDE your data folder."

To continue : " Open up local_en.pack in your data folder using PFM (Pack File Manager) and click on local_en.pack then click on text and highlight the file named: localisation.loc
    At the top right side of the pack file manager you'll see: Add New Row, Clone Current Row, Delete Current Row | Export TSV Import TSV.
    Click on Export TSV "

When I click on Export TSV this menu pops up :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Of course, the instructions say nothing about this, or what to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by kesa82 View Post
    Of course, the instructions say nothing about this, or what to do here.
    Just click save!

I am working in a little deferent way because I don't want to mess with data folder. First I make a folder on my desktop I call e.g. my_mod, or whatever. I extract loc file (right click) in desktop/my_mod folder. The Manager will make automatically a folder named text amd inside the loc file. Then I export as TSV saving in my_mod folder. Then I open TSV and short it alphabetically by column A. Then it is easy to find the entries I am looking for.

The trick here is when you'll make your new my_loc.pack you should save it in my_mod folder, in order to be able to add the locolisation.loc you've extracted in my_mod/txt folder.

In How to add a new faction tutorial, about the end, I mention how to make a loc file.

macdaddy i have some questions ......that looks helpful but.....in the first step where you say:''Open up local_en.pack in your data folder using PFM (Pack File Manager) and click on local_en.pack then click on text and highlight the file named: localisation.loc
    Click on Export TSV into a NEW folder named "text" INSIDE your data folder. Also RIGHT mouse click on localisation.loc on the LEFT side under text and choose Extract Selected to the same "text" folder inside your Data folder.'' that EXTRACT SELECTED TO THE SAME TEXT FOLDER......I can't find the text folder when i am going to extract them to this folder??>>??>?!?!?!?

anybody here???

is there anyone here????

I WILL ASK AGAIN....anybody home??????
    Last edited by Antonios1821; July 19, 2010 at 09:38 AM.

hey anybody here?

i m starting thinking that nobody is here to help....that is an abadoned site.....

aronnov's Avatar Tiro

Does anyone know how to create a Leader with two names? DO i just need to insert another line under Family info? all the current leaders really only have 1 part to their name.
    Honor ... means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is. Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost. ~ Schopenhauer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast