Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

Default Re: [TUTORIAL] Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

Hey neato! I'm glad you got what ya wanted

LOL yeah that "Freak of Nature" trait is a bit out there

You can easily change traits by looking at some of the other ministers, generals, and admirals to copy theirs

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [TUTORIAL] Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

Hello again, I don't know how much further you have gone into this but I am trying some deeper things now. I am trying to edit claiments to the throne and more importantly family members relations... hopefuly international.

Here is what i have so far:

That is Felipe Bourbon on the throne in 1700 aged 17 years. He should have two other claiments, his brother shown here as Carlos Bourbon (Charles, Duke of Berry) aged 14 years. The other claiment is Carlos Hasburg (Charles Archduke of Austria) aged 15 years, not shown here.

The former is French and the latter is Austrian. So... I have Carlos in there already, how do I change his nationality to French, and what will happen if he took the throne? As for Carlos Hasburg I don't know what to do yet because he is the future King of Austria (Charles the VI Holy Roman Emperor) and I don't know if I can have him claiming more than one throne (I'm sure the game isn't designed like that, but would be awesome if it was )

I have put a number 3 in Carlos of Berry under 'Ordinal Pair' so that if he took the throne he would be III, I am pretty sure that works now.

The other problem I have is how on Earth do I make someone married and have relations show up instead of being just 'claimants'.

I want to include Felipe V's future kids in there but i'm not sure if that's possible. :/

So, what should I do?

P.S Also I managed to find out what some things were for under the family member section:

If you know what the others are please share
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 19, 2009 at 04:55 AM.

Hey Vanquisher,

Yeah man, i've done a ton of things thats not listed here. I changed ship types, army types, names of everyone, etc. to start with the united states. I have even created my own USA navy with different types of ships and names, etc.

Now, for the claimants and family tree, GeorgiaPeanuts has a few tutorials on those, here is one:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249915

He also has another one I believe that will probabaly explain more about actually how to edit the claimants and family tree better than mine. Which I may add more to this tutorial, but wasn't sure if I should edit this one or just create a whole new one on how to edit a lot more details.

I see you're starting to understand more and more, which is a very good thing. Just remember that trial and error is the key!

Keep up the good work!! I appreciate you posting here so that the people in the future reading my tutorial will have a better understanding about how to edit things

EDIT: Oh sorry man, just seen the question about how to change the nationality to "French". There are several ways to go about doing this, but I think the easiest one would be just to change the name, picture, age, etc. inside the startpos.esf file. You could go inside the "French" faction and just change their family trees with this information and such.

The other way would be to actually edit the units and localisation.loc with the Pack File Manager.
    Last edited by Macdaddy02; April 19, 2009 at 01:38 PM.

It's OK, i worked it all out quite quickly anyway

Oh sweet man!

You should list how you did that or either create a tutorial on it

By the way, is that GeorgiaPeanuts The Royal Family mod?

Yes it is. My only problem now is apparently when Carlos takes the throne (the French one in this case)... he became Carlos IV instead of III. Does the game still see Felipe as a Carlos?... I don't know what I'm missing because I've set both the Carlos's to 3 but maybe that doenst change that.

EDIT: Good god! Only just saw that tutorial you posted, thanks.

Ahh, I guess I should get GP's Royal Family Mod then, I could really do a lot with that

LOL Yeah, I should really post that i've updated this tutorial, I have added a lot to it ...

Ah, I notice now the bit at the end... That is for the character array though and the claiments are not in there :/ I am trying to edit their number for if they take the throne.

That is the one I changed, in ordinal pair. I set it to three thinking that is what it does, but someone said it came out as 4. So is that for the King's number or something else entirely?
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 21, 2009 at 11:05 AM.

Is there a way to make your king a general this way?? I really want to play with Karl XII of Sweden.

Just name the general, there won't be any difference

Vanquisher: I never messed with that number in the Ordinal_Pair before, but i'm trying it out to see if I notice any changes.

EDIT: You know what, it just may be the number of claimants, but if so, i'm sure you'd have to also "clone" the lines inside the Ordinal_Pair, so it can actually read them.
    I.E. If you have three as the number, but only one line (Campaign_Localisation) is listed under Ordinal_Pair, perhaps it will only generate one in the game? I am sure if that is the case, then you'd have to match the name inside Campaign_Localisation under Ordinal_Pair, Family: Monarchy_Info_Character and Character_Array as ministers.

macke: You can do what Vanquisher said, just change the portrait, name, age, etc of a general in your faction using my tutorial. It'll be just like playing the king himself
    Last edited by Macdaddy02; April 22, 2009 at 02:05 PM.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

but if need chage names for 1 faction - Württemberg - no for al german factions - its possible??

If is possible make this -

original -> names_name_names_germanXYZ
    my new names -> names_name_names_"Württemberg"XYZ

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...11#post5109411
    Last edited by Methoz; May 11, 2009 at 05:10 AM.
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Can you help me, Im trying to change the faction leaders title. Marathas title says minister

it should say

Maharaja - male
    Maharani - female

if you could show me how to do this, it would help me learn...thanks.

Anyone? does anyone know how to change titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Anyone? does anyone know how to change titles?
    They're in the localisation.loc file. Look in patch_en.pack or your language equivalent.

Default Re: Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

Is there a way to change Male to Female?

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

nice...long time and still no news? damn..
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Great tutorial, I was able to have a more or less acurrate starting cabinet for the US, even made GW President, I can't imagine why he isn't to begin with. Too bad certain names don't have entries in the names table though, some of my cabinet members only have first names.

The odd thing that did happen though was I changed the # entries for the ship names to the American ship names listed in the ship names file, but when I started a new campaign, the game completely ignored the new entries and gave my starting fleet the default names that they always start out with. And when I checked my savefile with the ESF editor, the original entries were all in place.
    Last edited by Officerpuppy; July 02, 2009 at 11:09 PM.

Hi, I am new to the forum and just want to say thanks to all who created the tools and guides. It really does make this game more interesting to play.

I have a problem when trying to save data using the ESF Editor tool. After following the instructions and editing the pack files with the PFM tool (which seems to work fine) I am not able to save my edits to saved games or startpos.efs file, although I click file – save and go to close EFS Editor it ask if I want to save my changes. No matter what I do it will not save. Has this happened to anyone else?

As a note I do have .net frame work 3.5 on my system.

Hey everyone, I am having some trouble. I have done everything in the tutorial, but my only problem is that it is not saving at the ESF part. It says it saves, but when I open it back up or try to go in game and play, it reverts back to defaults, I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast