Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [TUTORIAL] Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

Nice. How do you change the King's names without having to edit the saved-game files though?

Default Re: [TUTORIAL] Rename your Admiral's / General's / King's / Edit Family Tree

You can change them for the faction in the startpos.esf file inside the data/campaign/main or main2 folder using the ESFEditor.

Or you can change the random King's names in the localisation.loc located in the patch.pack or main.pack file under "text" using the Pack File Manager tool.

Thank you.

EDIT:
    I can't seem to change the number of the king :/ How on Earth do I do that?

When I edit the startpos file it doesnt work at all... the save game mod worked though :/
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 16, 2009 at 05:38 AM.

Ok, lets see...

The "main" startpos.esf alters the Grand Campaign;while, the "main2" startpos.esf alters the Road to Independance. In other words, make sure you're changing the right one or selecting the right campaign to enter to see the effects

Make sure that you're not logged into the game, that will not allow you to "save" changes as well.

EDIT: Sorry, just seen the question about the king's number? What do you mean exactly, the age of the king?

What I mean is for example how do I change 'Felipe II' to 'Felipe V'. Thanks for your help so far, its invaluable

It's no problem at all

Ok, so you just want to change the name?

If you follow my 3rd screenshot example in the tutorial it will display all 3 sections of where you change his name. It's the screenshot that has 3 "here's" in it. You have to find / change his name from Felipe II to Felipe V in all 3 of those sections where "Here" is listed. Also, like I stated in the last reply, you have to add "Felipe V" to the localisation.loc file if it's not in there or it will just show up "Blank".

See the screenshot that has "Family: Monarchy_info_character" "Ordinal_Pair" and "Character_Array" with "HERE" next to them? Those all have to be changed from "Felipe II" to "Felipe V".

NOTE: You have to search the "Faction" of the one you want to change in order to find his name.

I hope this helps

The thing is I'm actually trying to change the Spanish King you start with from 'Carlos II' to 'Felipe V'. However when i have found their parts on the ASF editor there is only the name like this 'names_royalty_name_spainCarlos'. Also, in the third 'HERE' there is no mention of royal family... just ministers and generals etc

I want to be able to change his name and his age to complete this but i'm finding this simple thing quite hard, sorry I have managed to change his portrait though, that was easy

Also on step 3 the the pack manager always crashes when I go to delete the localisation.loc.tsv, a myriad of problems for me
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 16, 2009 at 10:31 PM.

Ahh, I see..

Ok, to fix the "error" when you delete the localisation.loc.tsv , just skip this part. What I mean is don't export the file and change from there, just open up the localisation.loc inside the Pack File Manager and highlight a line and choose "Clone" at the top, this will add that line to the bottom of the localisation.loc list, then you can just change that bottom line to what you want.

Just add the line: names_royalty_name_spainFelipeV
    HOWEVER, if you want a space between "Felipe" and "V" you must add 2 lines.
    names_royalty_name_spainFelipe
    names_royalty_name_spainV

Then put the line "names_royalty_name_spainFelipe" on the first line as the first name (my tutorial explains which line is the first and last name). Put "names_royalty_name_spainV" as the last name.

Ok, the third "HERE" is the ministers, but if you'll look it has your "King's" name as a minister. This is where you can change his age, picture, name under the "Minister" tab. Each "HERE" changes the picture, information for different locations like the minister tab, negotiation tab, family tree tab, etc. So, if you only change the information under one "HERE" then it won't appear changed in all tabs.

Thank you for your continued support, I shall try that I take it there is no 'fast' way to search for these lines in the pack manager?

Also in the loc.loc file do I put 'names_name_names_spanishfelipe' or 'names_royalty_names_spainFelipe' That confuses me lol.

OK, well after doing all that I managed to get rid of the Carlos name but I am just left with 'II' and no sign of Felipe or V Gonna post up exactly what I'm doing later so you can see what I'm doing wrong, hopefuly.
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 17, 2009 at 02:57 PM.

1) I open localisation.loc in the data folder with the Packmanager

2)I create two extra lines and edit them as follows:

3) I save that file and export to my mod for later packing.

4) I open startpos.esf in the 'main' folder with ESF and do the following edits:

First Name:

Last Name:

Date of Birth:

I go to the FAMILY section and make the following edits:

- I just realised this one is the same as I already did for the first name above... how confusing

I hope that helps
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 17, 2009 at 04:27 PM.

Ok, let me see if I can just do this for ya

If you will, please list what you want changed, like the name, age, portrait, etc.

I will change it and just post the file up here for you to download and stick in your campaign folder.

EDIT: Ok, I just discovered something new about "King's" that adds the "I, II, III, etc" to them. I will add how to change this in my tutorial.
    Last edited by Macdaddy02; April 17, 2009 at 05:49 PM.

oh that would be great thanks. The portrait file was changed directly so no need to edit the name. The DOB should be 1683 and the name should be Felipe V.

If you could do that I would be much obliged, and I can study it so I can edit other kings correctly in the future

Yes, I noticed the number for the kings were not changing nomatter what I do, it can't be tied to second name either as it has to keep changing for each repeat of first name.

Here you go, I hope this is what you wanted

Put this startpos.esf file inside your data/campaign/main folder and enjoy!

Do you know how to add/remove royal family members/claimants to the throne?

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

Heya Wolfgang,
    Hmm i've never tried before, but I will check into it for ya.

I'm not sure, but it could be linked to auto-generate names, etc. being it never list any names or claimants until they're actually generated.
    Last edited by Macdaddy02; April 17, 2009 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdaddy02 View Post
    Here you go, I hope this is what you wanted

Put this startpos.esf file inside your data/campaign/main folder and enjoy!

You're a star man! Thank you very much. I'll give you some rep and put thanks in my mod thread. Hope I can help you in the future if you need it

Thanks Vanquisher I'm glad I could help!!

Wolfgang, I just checked and I will show examples in the screenshots here.

Screenshot 1) This will show the claimant already generated, so you could edit, change, delete if you wanted.

Screenshot 2) This will show that no other claimant is generated yet, so no way to delete them until they're generated OR you could try to edit this by adding your own names and portraits here to see if it will actually show up in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdaddy02 View Post
    Thanks Vanquisher I'm glad I could help!!

Wolfgang, I just checked and I will show examples in the screenshots here.

Screenshot 1) This will show the claimant already generated, so you could edit, change, delete if you wanted.

Screenshot 2) This will show that no other claimant is generated yet, so no way to delete them until they're generated OR you could try to edit this by adding your own names and portraits here to see if it will actually show up in the game.
    Again you amaze me, I will also try this, it is a shame you cannot give them a date of birth?

Thanks

Aye, I believe that it's not in the Character_Array until it's "Generated" in the game, then it add's it to your saved game file. Then you could save, open up your saved game with the ESFEditor and change it.

This is what I've managed to to so far thanks to you

I just want to change the traits now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast