Thread: Installation?

Default Installation?

mod looks way tight!

but how do you install it?

i have the gold edition of kingdoms.

i installed it to c:programfiles\sega\medieval-totalwar

....just the main directory....but yeah i click on the icon...but its not the exe....and i cant fin the .exe in the files.

help? really wanna play..

Default Re: Installation?

Did it install like this:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rusichi_TW

is that the correct path?

cuz i did it to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

ill try that tho.
    thanks!

no luck...

i just installed it to that path.
    when the install was complete if asked if i wanted to lauch the mod.

i pressed finish therefore the mod was suppose to come up but instead i got unable to execute file C:\programfiles\SEGA\Medieval II Toal War\mods\kingdoms.exe
    CreateProcess failed; code 2
    system cannot find the file specified

ugusgjlksdbgaj.
    haha, i have the mtw2 and kingdoms installed, i only installed the teutonic part but i dont think that matters?

You installed it to the right path. I just wanted to know if it ended up looking right. C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rusichi_TW is how it should look if you installed to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War, but before you wrote "medieval-totalwar". The thing is that it sounds like the desktop shortcut was working on your second install but you installed in the wrong place. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Try installing again to the correct directory, maybe your first install was corrupted somehow. If that doesn't work, try downloading it again. The download itself could have been corrupted. If that isn't it, I don't have any other ideas.

I have the same problem, mod installed but Can't run it. There is a way to solve it, just create a shortcut to kingdoms.exe and set it to run using the mods/Rusichi_TW folder, unfortunately I have forgotten how to do this.

I'm also unable to play this mod. I have the Steam version of Medieval II and Kingdoms but Stainless Steel still works flawlessly. There is no batch file in the Rusichi folder and there's no option for it in the kingdom launcher.

I already tried almost everything that is said in this thread and finally got it to work by copying the content of the Rusichi folder into the Americas folder, but the mod is very unstable for me.
    Anyway thanks for the help

i have medieval and kingdoms (US retail version) and i currently have it updated to v1.5 so will this mod work with medieval v1.5 or does it require a prior version?
    thnx

v1.5 works

Hi all,

I played the early beta of this mod and loved it! I've been so excited to play the finished version. Unfortunately I cant figure out how to install it. I installed in the correct filepath described above and it doesn't work. is there any other way to install or anything anybody could do to help?

Thanks