Thread: The Patriot

Default The Patriot

I just had an interesting Idea, what about creating a "Single" Unit with expierenced skills. Range of a Sharpshooter and Accuracy of about 100, good loading skill and decent melee Stats.

Maybe name it "The Patriot"?

It would only be a gimmick but wouldnt it be nice to have a single soldier on the Field and see him getting more expierenced from battle to battle?

Would do you guys think about it?

Oh, and cause Ottoman or Russia for Example would not fit with this Unit, how about creating a Unit like that for every Country.

Prussia: Friedrich ||.
    Great Britain: General Wolfe
    USA : The Patriot
    France : Napoleon
    India: Ghandi? :O

Just some examples... what do you think?
    I think it would be great to have a "Hero" Unit for each Faction in the Campaign... so you feel with his victorys and cry when he dies :O
    Last edited by YassirX; April 01, 2009 at 03:52 PM.

Default Re: The Patriot

Not a bad idea... I did however get a good laugh out of Ghandi as a warrior... the most famous pacifist ever lol... maybe make it Ghurkhas for India or something

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    Not a bad idea... I did however get a good laugh out of Ghandi as a warrior... the most famous pacifist ever lol... maybe make it Ghurkhas for India or something
    Wouldn't be any less accurate than Mel Gibson for the U.S.

would be kind of annoying to locate this unit on the field. and if it's a single unit, it can die pretty easily, especially when the rockets and mortars start flying.

i think maybe a small unit 10-15 men, who are expert snipers would be better to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by django333 View Post
    Wouldn't be any less accurate than Mel Gibson for the U.S.
    True.. but he IS an American from New York.. just raised in Australia after he was 12... most people seem to forget or not know that. He is still a prat however.

I like the idea of having Hero General Units.

However anyone making a unit based on the Patriot should be banned from ever making it. They should then be fed to wolves and their family thrown on a fire until the tenth generation and anyone agreeing with them should commit ritual seppuku (disembowling themselves).

Sorry to be so extreme but as you can guess I HATED that movie. Oh and YassirX the above statement was not aimed at you specifically I just REALLY hate that movie.

But Hero units - yeah, cool.

How about instead of Mel "I hate Jewish Policewomen" Gibson you have someone like Davy Crocket or that tracker guy Napoleon Whatsit (not the French Napoleon but the guy who fought Indians a lot)

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Well Mel Gibson would have to have a tomahawk, a knife and a flag pole for weapons, i'm not sure if ETW allows that...
    My pony jumps ever so high

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    Well Mel Gibson would have to have a tomahawk, a knife and a flag pole for weapons, i'm not sure if ETW allows that...
    Acutally there are Tomahawks ingame, so when I mod it and he switch in melee stance he fights with a Tomahawk.

But you guys are right, i think we need to find out what Person should represent a Faction. It should be a Famous Soldier in this Century as i think a politican on the battlefield who acts like rambo dont really fit, does it?

The above Names are just examples, Ghandi on the battlefield would be funny but not historical.

So I think we should first analyse what person should be the "Hero" for each Faction!

Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    would be kind of annoying to locate this unit on the field. and if it's a single unit, it can die pretty easily, especially when the rockets and mortars start flying.

i think maybe a small unit 10-15 men, who are expert snipers would be better to manage.
    I think thats the Point, normally a Person only has one life, in the 17th-18th Century there were famous Soldiers who faught heroic but survived the war, in Empire its able too. You just need to act with your hero unit more carefully as with other units. And when he dies you can rebuild him.

There lots of Storys about famous Generals and Soldiers who died by Artillery, its an existing fact in this Century that Artillery was the King of Battle.
    But i think giving those Unit 10 more Distanceshoot than normal Sharpshooters and the ability to escape combat like light infantry they actually could stay alive in hands of a good mirco manager. Aswell as its only one person i think the ability to throw grenades and to hide in all lacations shouldn't be to much asked for.

So there are enough abilitys to stay alive. It has a Roleplay Charakter, just like in Roleplay Games, when your Charakter dies you need to reload or try again, same here.
    Last edited by YassirX; April 02, 2009 at 06:58 AM.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Good idea But: Ghandi?? Of course it totally fits! Have you played Civ Revolution? He is like the master of war or something..
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

I already did a one man unit in order to try bring a bit 1st person feeling in the game but did not succed.

At least with the first person, the one man unit works fine but i did not realy play with it.
    Also 100 in range is far to short, there are allredy troops with 125 and they are not alone
    But that are details.

Would be great to give the hero more hit points too, but to my knowing nobody found out how to do it, or if its even possible till now.

One bullet and he is dead.

i can just imagine, gandhi walking down the battlefield, meets 200 British line infantry. what happens next, is up to you

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

They drink tea of course, and then Ghandi poisons their tea and smiles politely and talks about peace while the Brits slowly choke to death.

The idea of a one man army is quite interesting though, he would need to have a lot of hitpoints. Probably a good rate of fire too since its just one man.

And if it is just a single man, perhaps he should have a horse as well and be able to dismount like a dragoon? that way he could have a gun, a melee weapon and also be capable of fighting on horseback. Might as well make him versatile.

It could be different for each country's hero. Some could be expert skirmishers. Good luck trying to find a single guy dressed in green in a forest that can hide as well as the indians, even while walking.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderation Overseer Citizen Content Emeritus

This is all very well, but if those units get into ANY kind of combat they are dead, guaranteed. At the very least you will need to make them the size of general units, thouh perhaps a bit smaller, I mean 15 men vs line infantry, it doesn't matter how good those 15 men are, they're dead.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

If they have 30 hitpoints it would be difficult to kill them. Or they should just have a sick amount of armor and defence values. 100% accuracy, very high morale and such are also a must.

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    NO,NO, NO! Mahatma Ghandi MUST be presented in Empire TW fighting with a new and definitive weapon: his glasses!