Thread: Possible to change voices for Sweden?

Default Possible to change voices for Sweden?

I just downloaded this mod and I love the size of the map and the fact that you can play as Sweden, my home country. I have a couple of questions though:

- Is it possible to change the voices for the Swedish characters? They sound like they're from Eastern Europe or something. It would be more fitting if they sounded like the Norwegians or the Danish.

- Is it possible to add the letters Å Ä Ö to the names in the game? For example, Hakan Larsson should be Håkan Larsson.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with the issues mentioned above. The names aren't that important but the accent really bugs me in this otherwise excellent mod.

Cheers.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Possible to change voices for Sweden?

Thank you for the kind words.

The accents are limited by CA. There is no Danish or Swedish or Norwegian accent. Maybe not the right choice but I got tired of the Swedish people sounding Queen's English.

The Xenophonia mod was trying to do voices and accents for all vanilla factions. I took a look at the size of the files per faction and decided against adding them at this time. If you wish to try it, yes you may.

My old computer keyboard unfortunately because of where I live only knows US characters. The names can be modified. When you do, there four or so files that have to be modded at the same time to keep from ctds and to be able to use them.

If you would like to do this, I'll try to remember which files. The only thing I'd ask in return is a copy of them to post for your countrymen to also use.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Thank you for the kind words.

The accents are limited by CA. There is no Danish or Swedish or Norwegian accent. Maybe not the right choice but I got tired of the Swedish people sounding Queen's English.

The Xenophonia mod was trying to do voices and accents for all vanilla factions. I took a look at the size of the files per faction and decided against adding them at this time. If you wish to try it, yes you may.

My old computer keyboard unfortunately because of where I live only knows US characters. The names can be modified. When you do, there four or so files that have to be modded at the same time to keep from ctds and to be able to use them.

If you would like to do this, I'll try to remember which files. The only thing I'd ask in return is a copy of them to post for your countrymen to also use.
    I found out how to change the accents. As an old anglophile I'd rather hear my ancestors speak perfect English than sounding like the bad guys from a James Bond movie.

How much work do you think I'd have to put down to get all the names correct? If there is too much work I'll probably just skip it. My schedule is tight as it is already. But if you reckon it won't be more than an hours work or so I'll probably give it a go. If I do I will definitely post the files here when I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Panic View Post
    I found out how to change the accents. As an old anglophile I'd rather hear my ancestors speak perfect English than sounding like the bad guys from a James Bond movie.

How much work do you think I'd have to put down to get all the names correct? If there is too much work I'll probably just skip it. My schedule is tight as it is already. But if you reckon it won't be more than an hours work or so I'll probably give it a go. If I do I will definitely post the files here when I'm done.
    Glad to hear you like the English accents.

If your schedule is that tight, I'd say live with it for now. When I went through all the factions' names, and cleaned out a lot of dead wood, I was at it for over a month. When you feel like you have the time, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Glad to hear you like the English accents.
    I was wrong, I did not manage to change the accents. I guess you have to do more than just change a little in descr_sounds_accents.

There were no voices at all when I fought a battle and selected my units. Is that a bug or is it because Sweden is a customized faction?

The easy way is to copy data/sounds folder to the regionmodbm/data/sounds folder. This will put all back to vanilla. When you do, delete the two event files and let the game regenrate new ones.