Thread: The Numberless Legions of the False Imperator Honorius

Default The Numberless Legions of the False Imperator Honorius

Hello, fellow Romans! I am currently playing a campaign of the Imperium Constantini, and require aid and advice.

Things have progressed well up to now (I've maimed the Alemanni and humbled the Franks, seized Tarraconensis and Carthago Nova) but I find myself at a loss to hold the numberless Western Romans at the Pass of Augusta Treverorum.

The sheer size, quality and skill of the Romans I am facing is negated only by my superior strategies, and even those are not working as well as they might given my Foedorati Infantry facing off against Legio Palantae. I have two stacks up there at the moment, both damaged and under-quality.

How do I stop 'em? I figure my only shot is to secure Spain from the Vandals/remaining Romans and then launch a naval invasion of Italy.

Any ideas?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Numberless Legions of the False Imperator Honorius

TRAITOR TO THE ROMAN STATE YOU HEAD SHOULD SWING FORM THE GATES OF RAVENNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well where are the visogoths? hopfully the TRUE romans have there hands full with them. if not... you could attack spain I like the idea alot but you should also try wiping around through the germin lands with a deverson force and see if you can sneek a cheap army past to divert there stacks.(should buy you some more time keeping the mass of roman legions atacking)
    If your going up agianst the vandles FORTS alot of them If you have the money fort up and make it a war of nutrition against the Romans many
    I bet you can make the Barbarians see what ever heathen gods they wish.

good luck I have played as the rebles twice and its hard and fun.
    forts realy come into play and well as you said your leadership. hope it helps.

Hail!! -legio_xx
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Thank you for the advice. I'll look into the fort system.

well where are the visogoths? hopfully the TRUE romans have there hands full with them.
    Heh...Don't ask me how, but they're...well, In Africa...They control Carthage and I think Hippo. Strange world.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

...the goths are in africa.....how?..Im so lost lol thats Awsome!
    .im realy not sure what to say haha.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Yeah, me either...

Game of the Fates

hold the armies at bay then use a stack and ship them up through massilia