Thread: Warspite's Pontics 1.0

For any interested who haven't already noticed, my Pontic reskins are up in the downloads section. Hope you like them.

Warspite's Pontic Skins

--Warspite

Beautiful work!.Of all the stock skins,I always liked the Pontic color scheme the best but I doubt any kingdom could have afforded to outfit an entire army in such vibrant colors.These more realistic looking skins are something to be proud of,I especially like the archers.I honestly do not know a great deal about the kingdom of Pontus beyond what I have gleaned from sites like livius.org,but I picture them as similiar to the Sassanids....a levy en-masse with a cavalry elite.Your skins fufill that image.I truly hope these make it into total realism version 6.
    "Oderint dum metuat"

Got them last night! Awesome job again. Is parthia next by chance?

here here. really love the pontic skins, and would love some decent skins for parthia. am playing a parthian campaign at the moment, but can't stand the bright purple tunics!

Oddly enough I am doing Parthia next, BUT I'm afraid it won't do you much good in the short term. I'm doing them for RTR 6.0, in which Parthia is restricted almost entirely to indigenous cavalry, with lots of auxilliaries. So I'm doing the indigenous units, BUT they'll be using slightly modified models, so they won't quite work with the 5.4 stuff. (For what it's worth, now that I'm not on vacation I doubt I'd have time to do a full 5.4-era reskin for Parthia before 6.0 comes out, anyway. Pontus was the result of having two weeks with nothing important to do.)

On the bright side, I know that Driddle in particular seems quite obsessed with Parthia, so the 6.0 units will probably be quite a bit of fun.

I'll probably throw out a quick set of "accurized" cataphracts for all factions--Armenia, Parthia, Seleucia, Sarmatia/Scythia, and Pontus--this weekend. The veiled-and-banded model currently used in the game appears to be (at least) a couple of centuries out of period. I've even got a properly scale-mailed camel.

--Warspite

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What kind of tweaking would need to be done in order to get your Pontics and Mercs working with SPQR?
    Team Member <3

well on the bright note then , everyone should check out SPQR 3.1 , they did a compleate reskin of parthia and all the eastern factions that looks quite nice :grin . Ill probaly use a combination of them and warspites, when i can play again...

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Hey warspite, great skins as usual. I also have your roman skins as well, but slightly modified to fit with vanilla RTW.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Looking forward to the camels,
    Kewl skins as usual. Especialy the Cataphract reskins+ some beauty officers looks like a lot of time spent. Respect Dude.

p.s Do you use a drawing programme.
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

Originally posted by KALI@May 7 2005, 12:59 AM

p.s Do you use a drawing programme.
    At home I&#39;m using Photoshop 7.0, unfortunately (it&#39;s the craziest Photoshop release in a long while--one&#39;s much better off with either 6.0 or CS, even 5.5). And a Wacom tablet. One really can&#39;t do good texturework while fighting a mouse.

--Warspite

Guys, how about creating a completly new model and skins for historic accurate spara heavy infantry ?

KALI's Avatar Senator

Originally posted by Warspite@May 7 2005, 12:50 PM
    And a Wacom tablet. One really can&#39;t do good texturework while fighting a mouse.

--Warspite
    Hmmm this is where I sound very newb,
    but whats a Wacom tablet. I think I need one. All this mouse fighting is driving me quazy.
    :wack
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

MeKtHep's Avatar Semisalis

Great Job Warspite i did not changed the pontus yet thanks to u they are superb now

" Tell Them In Sparta " That we obeyed our orders to the last man

webbird's Avatar Senator

Good work Warspite&#33;
    Welcome in our little Artist`s Hall ;O)

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

your skins should be in a muesem they are that beutiful.
    sorry for bad spelling :blush

Are there sprites included ?
    If not could you plz make some, esspecially for parthia(your making them soon wright) &#33;&#33;

Hey warspite any alternative download link for your skins or will we have to wait for the RTR to get your skins again, since the download section of the twcenter is down for maintanance?
    Maybe for once someone will call me "sir" without adding "You are making a scene".