Thread: Rocket ships for Ottomans?

Default Rocket ships for Ottomans?

Is there any way to give the Ottomans rocket ships?

Default Re: Rocket ships for Ottomans?

I think you need to edit the units_allowed_factions table file, I think, not sure. You might need to edit a couple of others too.
    My named ships in Empire Total War: (that i can remember)

Fifth Rate, HMS Poseidon.

Fifth Rate, HMS Dauntless.

Fifth Rate, HMS Enterprise NCC-1701

Fifth Rate, HMS Simi.

------
    "Ya best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're IN one!"

WOuld you also need to give the Ottomans the ability to research rockets?

btw im no modder =( How hard would it be for someone with very limited knowledge to be able to do this?

It's really a question of looking through the db tables using the Pack File Manager, there's a stickied tutorial list thread here in the workshop that should list the tutorial that tells you how to create your own unit, it also tells you which tables you need to edit. For moving a unit from one faction to another, the process should be very similar.

I'm not really an expert on modding the tables myself, I've barely touched them, but the pack file manager is pretty easy to work out. there are instructions in the PFM thread on how to use it, there is also a tutorial (I think) on adding a unit from one faction to another, that might be worth a look.
    My named ships in Empire Total War: (that i can remember)

Fifth Rate, HMS Poseidon.

Fifth Rate, HMS Dauntless.

Fifth Rate, HMS Enterprise NCC-1701

Fifth Rate, HMS Simi.

------
    "Ya best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're IN one!"

Thanks for the help I'll check out the tutorials!

I have never once tried modding a TW game, and this once seems to be the hardest, but I might try to give this a go later on, I'll post my results if I get any later on! Seems weird to me the Ottomans can't have rockets or rocket ships (love the rocket ships hahah) but all other factions can?

Anywya, I'll post back with some results later on today or tomorrow, if anyone else is interested.