Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero's Horde Script - Bèta Unit Discussion(need opinions!)

Default Zero's Horde Script - Bèta Unit Discussion(need opinions!)

It finnaly works! It seems I used to advanced units it seems, I now have put in units they get right from the start and this was the result(tested in hotseat mode!):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Because there is no garrison script for human players, making a mistake means you could lose everything.
    This would mean human players won't be beaten so soon, making the hotseats more fun.

Do you guys like this feature?

Unit list(temporarely)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

england:
    Longbowmen
    Dismounted Feudal Knights
    Armoured Sergeants
    Feudal Knights
    france:
    Armoured Sergeants
    Feudal Knights
    Peasant Archers
    hre:
    Armoured Sergeants
    Feudal Knights
    Pavise Crossbowmen
    venice:
    Italian Spear Militia
    Feudal Knights
    Pavise Crossbow Militia
    sicily:
    Italian Spear Militia
    Dismounted Norman Knights
    Norman Knights
    Pavise Crossbowmen
    milan:
    Italian Spear Militia
    Feudal Knights
    Genoese Crossbow Militia
    spain:
    Feudal Knights
    Spear Militia
    Jinetes
    byzantium:
    Pronoia Infantry
    Byzantine Infantry
    Byzantine Lancers
    Byzantine Cavalry
    wales:
    Gwent Raiders
    Meirionnydd Spearmen
    Saethwyr
    Teulu
    ireland:
    Ostmen
    Cliathiari Spearmen
    Hobiguir
    Gaelic Archers
    scotland:
    Spear Militia
    Highland Archers
    Feudal Knights
    Last edited by Zerosliver; March 31, 2009 at 12:32 PM.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: My Horde script works!

I like this feature. I like the idea of a human faction not dying until all family members are dead. especially if this results in disposssed monarchs roaming Europe after being driven from their lands.

Good work Zero.

Btw, it even works without having family members, because the family member that was spawned was one I could addopt but refused, don't know what will happen when you don't have such a candidate.

This is very good work zero I only like the idea though if it can only work if there is at least one family member left. I don't like how the game is currently atm. If you lose your last settlement you are destroyed regardless of your King and royal family.

Dave

I think it has something to do with that, if there is no one to be adopted after all your generals are dead, you will be destroyed I think.
    This script also makes sure Human players will keep family members safer than ever before

Thanks for the shoulder pads guys, however I need you guys advice on some units.
    To balance things out I gave every faction one spear unit, one swordmens unit and one horse unit. Now with the spearmen I jsut took Spear militia mostly, but the swordsmen are harder to pick, since not every faction has acces to feudal knights. So if you guys all know a faction very well that doesn't have feudal units, pm me about swordsmen/cavalry/range units that are not too overpowered and are available early on.

Ireland = cliarthi, otsmen, gaelic archers

Milan and other Italians- Italian spear militia and pavise/genoese crossbows

TO- sword brethern and prussian archers

Wales- Gwent raiders and the welsh longbows (can't spell it for the life of me). Maybe some welsh spearmen if you can spawn mercenaries.

etc, etc.

*I think you shouldn't focus on having a set formula for each faction, but instead a faction specific horde. The French wouldn't spawn the same as the Venetians, or the TO, or the Turks. Take a look through the early unit rosters of each faction and choose some key units that you think would make an accurate "horde" army for a faction's last stand.

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    Ireland = cliarthi, otsmen, gaelic archers

Milan and other Italians- Italian spear militia and pavise/genoese crossbows

TO- sword brethern and prussian archers

Wales- Gwent raiders and the welsh longbows (can't spell it for the life of me). Maybe some welsh spearmen if you can spawn mercenaries.

etc, etc.

*I think you shouldn't focus on having a set formula for each faction, but instead a faction specific horde. The French wouldn't spawn the same as the Venetians, or the TO, or the Turks. Take a look through the early unit rosters of each faction and choose some key units that you think would make an accurate "horde" army for a faction's last stand.
    Don't be discouraged, it will only be this way for my bèta release, I don't know which units will corrupt the script and which won't.
    I really want you guys opinions on what units to use.

So on wales, Gwent Raiders, Saethwyr? Anything else, they need cav and spears in their horde.

Im thinking of this for TO: Order Spearmen, Sword brethren, Prussian Archers, Teutons.

Venice + Milan is allready done, I'm going to have to take a look ingame for Sicily, Im thinking of: DM Norman knights, Norman Knights, It Spear militia and pavise crossbowmen.

Ireland: Are Cliathiri available early on? So Cliathiri, Ostmen, gaelic archers, Ridiri?

I need more opinions guys!

Wales has merrinod spearmen and Ireland has cliarthis available in their starting army and in Galway. Also for Ireland, Hobiguir are more common than Ridire since hobiguirs are available before ridire.

Hobiguir are really undeveloped cavalry, are Ridire not available after upgrading your stables in your castle once?

They are, and IMO hobiguir's perform better. They have a slightly weaker charge but they are much better in hand to hand combat. I think they might be a tad faster though, but if they are its negligible.

Ahh ok, Hobiguirs it is than!

Any other suggestions?
    If anyone else is watching this thread, do post! Your opinions are most important to me!

Why don't you post each faction's horde units that you have so far, so that we can review it and make suggestions from there. That would be the easiest and quickest way to work on this.

I've added a list of units(temporary list) that some factions will get in my bèta. If you guys have any improvements on those or know anything for the remainding factions, post here please!

Default Re: Zero's Horde Script - Bèta Unit Discussion(need opinions!)

The list looks good so far. Do you have any rough drafts of what the other factions will be comprised of?

The list looks good so far. Do you have any rough drafts of what the other factions will be comprised of?
    Well, the remaining factions really have unique rosters and I don't have the time right now to look them all up, il do that tomorrow.
    I'm still making homework but i'm going to do my turn in hs 3.8.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Should this thread be moved to Mod Development?

Well, I'd like to ask dave to keep it here, I need people to see this thread and really contribute, some people don't even look in the submod section

Somehow it isn't working when I put units in for all factions, I think it doesn't work when I put horde's on non vanilla factions?

what do you mean? You have a horde on ireland and they aren't vanilla. Or are you saying that in testing, the horde doesn't work for these factions?

what do you mean? You have a horde on ireland and they aren't vanilla. Or are you saying that in testing, the horde doesn't work for these factions?
    Well, I did the following:
    I added some early orde units to every factions, however it isn't working again, it isn't the era that causes it to fail, I think it is that kingdoms factions just make the script fail, idk why.

Il need to test this some more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast