Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Curia Hostilia, Consulate of Ahenobarbus/Celsus

Default Re: Curia Hostilia, Consulate of Ahenobarbus/Celsus

The plan is sound, I propose that we carry out with it.

Now, there is still the issue of the rebels in the North, if there is no further objections, then I shall proceed to annihilate them.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

OOC: Go ahead, we want to start the new term tomorrow.
    Senator Lucius Artorius Cato (34)

Dispatch from the Praetor:

Conscript fathers, having taken note of the enemy's strength, I have sallied forth with all the men in Ariminium.

When we drew up the battle order, I immediately placed myself on the leftern flank, as I knew the enemy will attempt to come at us from our right, leaving their flank wide open for attack.

The entire right flank fell to that of our Italic allies. Brave men, fighting even against the entire horde of the enemy.

As the battle drew on, the enemy general was isolated from his troops, taking the opportunity into my own hands, I immediately set forth and slew him.

Faced with the death of their general, the enemy ranks soon broke and they fled. As an example to others who might rebel against Rome, I chased down the stragglers and killed them all, save for the few that have fled earlier and escaped the wrath of Roman steel.

In the end, it was a triumph for Rome, although the cost being too high in my opinion, against a band of rebels. It has been years, senators, that I have been to the field of battle, and I feel it will be only a matter of time before I start to feel the pace of things again.

Finally, as per Proconsul Crassus' request that the Senate has approved, I have authorized the training of 1 unit of Funditores, 1 unit of Hastati, 1 unit of Princeps, and 1 unit of Triarii

Ave atque vale
    Turnus Rutulus Saevus

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Elendil of Númenor's Avatar Campidoctor

OOC: Couldn't the recruitment be done in separate cities? I'm not sure we want to wait five turns...

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

ooc: that mine was supposed to be built already, it was part of my plan a year ago
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Congratulations on your victory Praetor Rutulus.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil of Númenor View Post
    OOC: Couldn't the recruitment be done in separate cities? I'm not sure we want to wait five turns...
    OOC: I wanted to comment on this as well. But my character's retired so I have to wait til the next one comes in. Yeah, you should split the recruitment between a few cities, so it can be done quicker. I think only Rome can do the Hastati, Principes and Triarii, but the other two can be recriuted elsewhere.