Thread: A cool idea, although impossible

Default A cool idea, although impossible

I was thinking about this one day and thought I'd share it, however I'm almost positive no one could do it.

Now I'm a fan of the civilization series , both single player and multi-player. Multi-player is great however it will take you days or weeks to finish a normal speed game with more than 5 people. These people have to be reliable and even if they are so real life can come in between you and the game.

Now I'm sure when they make empire's campaign multi-player it will be similar to civilization. Meaning it will take just as long to finish games. As it stands now it is slow enough with just the CPU. But what if you could mix in a little human interaction but could play anytime you wanted?

Here's my idea: Let the computer do all the campaign moves but when you are about to battle in the RTS add a button were it says human opponent next to the ones that say assualt, auto-resolve, and retreat. What this button will do is go out to a game lobby were people are waiting to play and connect them up to your computer. Similiar to the way warcraft 3 will auto find you opponents. Then it would trasnfer the info of the battle like units and location to the other person computer. You will control your forces however where the AI would normaly control a human would. You could set the peramiters so the button would be disabled if the battle was one sided. Now the person who plays the AI has no idea what forces they will have but they can be garuteed they have a decent chance at winning. While you get to have some challanging battles without having to take days to complete a campaign.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: A cool idea, although impossible

good idea

I would much rather verse a person on the campaign map, and fight all the battles against him as well.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dud doodoo View Post
    I would much rather verse a person on the campaign map, and fight all the battles against him as well.
    Behind you 100% here - Like a hotseat function...

You play your turn, when done, you email him the save and he takes his turn.

When it's battle time, you both meet up and load the fight...

Mmmm... now that's good Empire.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Well I mean they are planning on releasing 1v1 campaign...