Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea

Who is it going to be. I'm a West Ham fan so dont have much riding on game BUT

I hope so much Liverpool win, as I hate Chelsea (don't like money winning the Premiership)

I can see Chelsea scoring a fluky win (deflected goals, anyone?)

They do say Chelsea and Liverpool are the "big spenders". So either way... :wack

Though I suppose the Scouse's don't have a multi-millionaire oil-baron on their side. :lol

I'll support Chelsea only cos it's closer and my little brother is a big fan. *tongue*

Let my enemies devour each other.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

I hope the Reds hammer Chelsky...
    yeah,I Iike lost causes :p

Originally posted by Otto von Lanstien@May 3 2005, 12:51 PM
    They do say Chelsea and Liverpool are the "big spenders". So either way... :wack

Though I suppose the Scouse's don't have a multi-millionaire oil-baron on their side. :lol

I'll support Chelsea only cos it's closer and my little brother is a big fan. *tongue*
    I dont think Liverpool can even aspire to the £200 million Chelsea have spent since Abramovich's arrival

Apparently this match is being watched in more countries than the last two finals! :happy

- Yay for the preimiership taking it's lucrative place ahead of the Italian League! :grin (they used to be the prime candidates for the most popular league in the world).

- Yay for it being watched in places tht i've neve even heard off (and i'm knowladgable with wordly geography *wink* ).

- Sorry to any Italian diehards whose feelings i've hurt. :erm

Let my enemies devour each other.

Where English football has really come on in Fans and Crowd control in recent years. Italy have basically gone backwards (I.E Inter fans in quarters)

Anyway I'm off to watch game.

Cliomhdubh's Avatar Campidoctor

hopefully liverpool will win although id like to see duffer get a medal id prefer to show that money cant buy a good football team

From the great Gales of Ireland
    Are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry,
    And all their songs are sad.
    G. K. Chesterton

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

1-0 to the champions!!!!!
    hehehe bloody close though, nearly lost with that shot at the end!
    but we won hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god! :shocked :shocked :shocked that was nail biting action, one of the best games ive seen!
    yay for liverpool, but chelsea played really hard last half hour
    made in nature

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

I dont really like either teams but I hate Chelsea more for trying to "buy their way to success" so good job Scousers :grin

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Mourinho's reaction was quite credible, yet he makes himself sound diplomatic while getting in comments like the linesmen scored we didnt.

I think Chelsea can count themselves lucky that Cech wasn't sent off as Baros had an open net if he wasn't taken down

Hopefully Chelsea will slip into decline now.

chelsea wont slip into decline so long as they have a billionarre russian oil baron funding new players. bah damn commies.
    but we still won yay!!!

Civitate

That goal really didn't look like it was completely over the line...
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

smack's Avatar Complaints Department

Wow, that was an exciting game, to put it mildly. I really enjoyed how hard Liverpool worked, with stars like Finnan, Riise, Garcia, and even Kewell showing how well than can play when properly motivated!

Eidur's late shot was about 2 inches from hitting Drogba and going in. So close Chelsea, so close.

Was debating how a Chelsea treble wouldn't be as good as a Chelsea double for their continued growth. I think this result will spur them to improve even more, whereas a treble so early in the Abromovich era might have led to stagnation.

-Man U fan.

In patronicum svb: Spartan
    Patronum celcum quo: teecee, Old Celt, SigniferOne
    If you dare: My Journal or If you care: The Price Tag

I think man of the match was Carragher, he played a blinder.

Can't help but feeling a little sorry for Owen who was in the ITV coverage box.

And he went to Madrid for European football

(How wrong he was)

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

i'm in some way pleased that Mourinho and his arrogance has been shown the door out of the champions league........no disrespect to Chelsea fans, but it runs along the lines of trying to buy trophies, the way Chelsea conduct themselves in the transfer market. :p

it was a good game though, all it would have took Chelsea is a lucky goal to get back into it (well maybe even won due to the away goal rules).

Chelsea will only grow from this, and make a comeback next year, for sure, whether Roman gets his wallet out (well, Russian Purse) or not.

seen as this is about football, as an aside, i'd like to say, although he was no way involved with tonights match, Mark Lawrenson is a moron who talks garbage.. kthx.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Very Pleased with that match, I'm behind Liverpool 100% The Local Liverpool Supporters Club shares the Pub with us Celtic Supporters, they're a fun bunch. :happy

Portuguese Rebel's Avatar Civitate

Mourinho's reaction was quite credible, yet he makes himself sound diplomatic while getting in comments like the linesmen scored we didnt.
    Well, yeah... But he was right wasn't he? That "goal" was perhaps important in deciding the match.

"Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know,
    a pestilence here, a plague there... He's so deliciously evil."
    Stewie, Family Guy

It was either give it as a goal or sending the Chelsea keeper off. You can see the ref about to blow his whistle and it was not going to be a foul on the chelsea keeper, so cech was going off.

I hate Chelsea and i hate liverpool but its great to see chelsea lose as i hate them just a little bit more :grin
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Originally posted by Portuguese Rebel@May 4 2005, 10:22 AM

Well, yeah... But he was right wasn't he? That "goal" was perhaps important in deciding the match.
    it wasnt "perhaps important" it was ultimately important. without it...well...it would have my favourite...penalty shoot out!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast