Thread: Arty range bug or? cheat?

Default Arty range bug or? cheat?

I just played a muliti match vs a guy. Im not going to mention his name. But the things is that we had the same arty pieces. 24 iber. only his was the brits and mine the french. His range is 400 just like mine.. But only he could shoot like 1/2 longer than me.. He wasnt upgrades or anything and i tried as well to switch ammo type but i coulndt get any way close to hitting him.. he was complete killing all my 800 inf in a few minutes.
    Is this a possible cheat or? i tried to ask him ingame a lot of times but he refused to reply at any time..

guerra's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Arty range bug or? cheat?

Post a replay.

Was it a cannon or howitzer?

Was he on a hill?

Decanus

I do it myself.

It's within the rules completly... He just use the rebound.

And, "replay or it didn't happen"
    Last edited by L'Ost; March 29, 2009 at 04:08 PM.

sounds suspicious...
    I guess he could have changed the stats of his canons (if thats possible?) which is cheating. Also, people who don't answers when talked to is normally people who dosen't want to communicate with people because they cheat.
    That might ofc. just be an prejudice, but I find it more commen.
    You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Dont know if it fits in ur case, but: If u turn off "fire at will" and click on the or behind the target manually, cannon (for sure) and howitzer (not sure) have much longer range.

Can anybody confirm this for howitzer?
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

OK I'll tell you guys a secret.....

If you manually aim it seems you can land approximately 1/4 of your shots just outside the indicated range. Why 1 out of 4? Variance in the shot scatter. And no, its not 50% longer range its like 20 extra yards max. And very inaccurate.