Thread: Replace model (and texture) for specific units for specific faction?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Default Replace model (and texture) for specific units for specific faction?

I was just wondering if it's possible to swap the model and texture for a specific unit for a specific faction, without adding a new unit alltogheter (what I want to do is to replace the guard-model with the model used for the coldstream guards etc. for Prussia). Is this possible? and if so, how do I do it?

I looked in unit_stats_land_tables and I could find specific rows for the line-infantry, but for the guards there was only one, if I clone that row and rename it _prussia in the end, will that allow me to only customize the unit for prussia? or is there more that has to be done?

(I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around in the tutorials but couldn't find what I was looking for).

Miles

Default Re: Replace model (and texture) for specific units for specific faction?

My Révolution Francaise Mod!

Decanus

Default Re: Replace model (and texture) for specific units for specific faction?

there is one guard unit for every european faction. If you cusomize it, all changes will apply to other factions too. So you need to create a custom guard unit. And here goes the tutorial

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

ah, as I suspected. I'll go create a custom unit then.