Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Version 2.01 Bug Reporting

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    There's still something amiss. Nothing major, though.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Started a new campaign aye?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    arrhh entry in export_buildings , Ive labeled it
    {bowyer_underworld_short}
    it should read
    {bowyer_underworld_desc_short}

my bad ( I wont blame the patch tester }

However it only effects the construction report

when looking at the building you will see correct description

Also Ive just found text error in wife is romuli trait, so two fixes done for the 2.02 patch , ETA 2 weeks

PS sorry Toluas I messed up the merging of this thread , so got yours and pinkies posts merged
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 29, 2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: issue resloved
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Strangely, I'm still not able to build Carracks at Faustian and Valiente docks, despite having a port built I've started new games adn checked various factions, but only the mentioned two still can't expand their navies

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    Strangely, I'm still not able to build Carracks at Faustian and Valiente docks, despite having a port built I've started new games adn checked various factions, but only the mentioned two still can't expand their navies

You can on my version, (see screenies) have you installed the patch
    Yep I have I'll try reinstalling the patch, and the whole mod in the future if it doesn't help.. but the latter option is REALLY far future as I'm too much absorbed by playing Thera

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    Yep I have I'll try reinstalling the patch, and the whole mod in the future if it doesn't help.. but the latter option is REALLY far future as I'm too much absorbed by playing Thera
    when you installed version two did you delete your version 1 copy, or did you overwrite.

Im actually playing it myself now, and I too am finding it great fun
    That was lame, I haven't noticed that the patch created a "thera" folder within a "thera" folder, thus it had no effect in-game It's all ok now
    exellent new, I will merge all the thread regarding this problem then, as isssue is resolved
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: non problem, issue resolved

Carrier002's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Carrier002 View Post
    upon loading the hotseat save game it freezes on my friends turn. He's playing as Faustian Reich, we assume that its the fixes to the naval recruitment causing this, but atleast he can recruit naval units in the new game.

Yes you may get some quirks on save games, but I cant be sure of all the implications to save games. is he on the same version (ie has he patched his version). There is a lag before naval battles, are you sure it is freezing and its not just a long delay,

But thanks for the feedback, it is really useful. Glad you are enjoying the mod

No were just taking turns on the same comp and we let it run for around 30 minute while we played some L4D, came back and still stuck on the Faustian turn which was him.

Anyways on the new game we restarted I noticed some missing unit cards for the rebel Squire and Sword Sargaent.

Also I hope you dont mind but I did do some minor tweaking to your mod, mostly Permanent Arrows, 3 family tree limit and edited various family stats (Age of consent, Age of Manhood, Age limit of adoption and marriage)

dont know if its known but for some reason Romuli Legionary units tend to make the battles more slower that I have to lower some settings, but if its any other nation I can normally run it on High settings with Permanent Arrows with little lag

MY GOD THEESE REBELS HAVE FOUND AWAY TO MAKE FULL ARMOR BODY SUITS!!!

You can tinker all you like ,you just cant publish any files from thera for use by others.

I always put in the caveat that once you alter your files I cannot any longer offer any support though as I cant recreate your game.

Thanks for the heads up on the rebel UI cars will have that fixed for the next patch

They are a very high poly model the extra strain of the real arrow will prob be the cause. You will find the same problem with Spartan Hoplites, Dominion Hoplites, and Triarri , as they are all high ploy models. But that is why they are soooo beautiful

MY GOD THEESE REBELS HAVE FOUND AWAY TO MAKE FULL ARMOR BODY SUITS!!!
    Again this is caused by the missing rebel allocation from the unit, skins and UI cards will be corrected in next patch

Mercanery Armenian Archers description unchanged from Vanilla MTWII, mentions Seljuk Turks.

Once more after loading a hotseat save file the game freezes when it tries to transfer over to the other player's turn. Still have the save file if you would like it.
    To elaborate on "freeze" I mean that it fails to continue on over to the other player's faction, I can still scroll the map, bring down the esc menu, and even the console, however it refuses to transfer over to the other players turn and is just frozen on their turn icon.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 31, 2009 at 11:10 AM.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Mercanery Armenian Archers description unchanged from Vanilla MTWII, mentions Seljuk Turks.
    Good find, will be amended for next patch
    now reads :

Abraxas Mercenaries

The people of Abraxas are a brave and independant people. With the Vashta to the north and the Barka to the south, they have had to fight off incursions from both sultanates over the years. Many Abraxas troops earn their living as mercenaries fighting for anyone who can pay them. Feisty men, they are lightly armed archers, but still effective.

Once more after loading a hotseat save file the game freezes when it tries to transfer over to the other player's turn. Still have the save file if you would like it.
    To elaborate on "freeze" I mean that it fails to continue on over to the other player's faction, I can still scroll the map, bring down the esc menu, and even the console, however it refuses to transfer over to the other players turn and is just frozen on their turn icon.

Like I said earlier once you tinker with the files I can no longer offer support. As I cant recreate your game situation becasue you have altered your files. I spent months testing my released files, and they went through a team of beat testers, so that I could provide a solid platform. If anyone else with an 'original' Thera fileset is having the same problem, that I would agree it could be a Thera issue, but no one else is currently reporting the problem you have encountered.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 31, 2009 at 11:14 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

The Romuli victory shrine is pictured in the building menu as a roman-style barrack building; as soon as you decide to build it, it shows as the rack of skulls in your building row, though.

The shield indicating which faction's turn it is, still reads "Holy Order of the Pale Knight" (singular; should be plural).

Praetoriani use "javlins" instead of "javelins".

Equites praetorianii are referred to in their unit description as "The Equitatus Praetorian" and said to use a "pilium" instead of "pilum".

The faction should be the Holy Order of the Pale Knight, named after the orginal Pale Knight, but all belongs should be Pale Knights, I think , yes Im happy with that so faction name will remain, unless I can be persauded otherwise
    Well, I'm fine with that - I was just thinking about some kind of uniformity.

And I got another one: the highest barracks building for the Romuli is called "royal_armoury"...

You think you might reconsider this patch tester killing thing???
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM.

Default Re: Version 2.01 Bug Reporting

The Romuli victory shrine is pictured in the building menu as a roman-style barrack building; as soon as you decide to build it, it shows as the rack of skulls in your building row, though.

The shield indicating which faction's turn it is, still reads "Holy Order of the Pale Knight" (singular; should be plural).

Praetoriani use "javlins" instead of "javelins".

Equites praetorianii are referred to in their unit description as "The Equitatus Praetorian" and said to use a "pilium" instead of "pilum".
    Im going to kill the patch tester (j/k) ok will correct them for the
    next patch

OK all fixed, skull rack tga in greek folder was still marked as meso rather than greek,
    and had amended the unit descriptions you mentioned , good finds , cheers

The faction should be the Holy Order of the Pale Knight, named after the orginal Pale Knight, but all belongs should be Pale Knights, I think , yes Im happy with that so faction name will remain, unless I can be persauded otherwise

Well, I'm fine with that - I was just thinking about some kind of uniformity.

And I got another one: the highest barracks building for the Romuli is called "royal_armoury"...

You think you might reconsider this patch tester killing thing???
    Yes killing is perhaps a touch harsh, maybe just demand he cuts off a finger,
    like a true Lao Che would

Okay fixed royal armoury for Romuli, you will get the same error with pagan factions and royal_armoury, which is also now fixed
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

I'm sorry to notify you that I don't have that type of freeze... I do have the Brain fart thingy but that's solved by pressing enter and spacebar
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 31, 2009 at 04:33 PM.
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

I'm having a CTD issue. I'll paste the last 20 lines from the error log and maybe someone alot smarter than me can figure it out .

10:12:27.390 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0004_Normalise> fired
    10:12:27.390 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_Governors_Religion> fired
    10:12:27.390 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_Governors_Religion> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0046_P_Normalise> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0049_P_Normalise_Non_catholic> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0089_Update_Band_Together1> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0090_Update_Band_Together2> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0091_Update_BandTogether3> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0102_High_Income2> fired
    10:12:27.515 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    10:12:27.750 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Now i did install the patch in the middle of my campaign. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

It was to big for me to paste it all to you in a pm. So i uploaded the file and you may download it here. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5...4e75f6e8ebb871

Thank you for checking it out. I could also load up the saved game if you'd like.

I will download the log and have a look throu it and feedback
    OK I have looked through it. There is only evidence of a lot of anc triggers firing, monk, pet bloodhound and zealous disciple look to be very active, but I dont believe that caused the crash.

I think the first step is to start a new post patch campagin, and feedback to me if you have any more crashes. Once I know you hae agreed to this course of action I shall merge the posts regarding this.

Ok will do. Thank you very much for your time. I will start a new campaign and will let you know if i run into this again. I think it may just be my luck as nobody else is having any issues. I'll just chalk it up to it not being Romes time to dominate the world lol. Thanks again to all for your hard work, i enjoy this mod immensely and haven't even thought about playing any others.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: solution agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Spacel0rd View Post
    I'm having a CTD issue. I'll paste the last 20 lines from the error log and maybe someone alot smarter than me can figure it out .

10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0046_P_Normalise> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0049_P_Normalise_Non_catholic> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0089_Update_Band_Together1> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0090_Update_Band_Together2> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0091_Update_BandTogether3> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    10:12:27.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0102_High_Income2> fired
    10:12:27.750 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Now i did install the patch in the middle of my campaign. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    nothing amiss there from what I can see, applying patchs to save games can be troublesome, although no one else has reported issues. Can you PM your entire error log to me so I can go through it all

I would suggest starting a new campagain and seeing if you have any recoccuance. I tested the mod over 25 camapagians, each over 250 turns in length and never had a single CTD. So I am confident of the stability of the Thera platform.

Please try another campagin and feedback if you have any other isssues

cheers
    Jason

It was to big for me to paste it all to you in a pm. So i uploaded the file and you may download it here. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5...4e75f6e8ebb871

Thank you for checking it out. I could also load up the saved game if you'd like.

I will download the log and have a look throu it and feedback
    OK I have looked through it. There is only evidence of a lot of anc triggers firing, monk, pet bloodhound and zealous disciple look to be very active, but I dont believe that caused the crash.

I think the first step is to start a new post patch campagin, and feedback to me if you have any more crashes. Once I know you hae agreed to this course of action I shall merge the posts regarding this.

Ok will do. Thank you very much for your time. I will start a new campaign and will let you know if i run into this again. I think it may just be my luck as nobody else is having any issues. I'll just chalk it up to it not being Romes time to dominate the world lol. Thanks again to all for your hard work, i enjoy this mod immensely and haven't even thought about playing any others.
    It is good to hear you are enjoying the mod, if you have anymore issues be sure to let me know

many thanks
    Jason
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

The Grandmaster of the Temple's description reads "as thew world knows".

The Sword Sergeants are described as "reliable heavy infantry". In the next sentence they are called "professional light swordmen". First of all, it it swordmen or swordsmen? And heavy infantry and light sword(s)men sounds like a contradiction to me.

I cant seem to find this mistake , which unit is it ???
    That's what I was talking about:

Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 03, 2009 at 10:47 AM.

The Grandmaster of the Temple's description reads "as thew world knows".
    I cant seem to find this mistake , which unit is it ???

The Sword Sergeants are described as "reliable heavy infantry". In the next sentence they are called "professional light swordmen". First of all, it it swordmen or swordsmen? And heavy infantry and light sword(s)men sounds like a contradiction to me.
    Fixed

arhh I was looking in the unit descriptions not the traits, cool , tis now fixed
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 03, 2009 at 10:49 AM.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Two more minor issues.

Kulkulkan unit War Leader's Guard description reads "ingenious northern tribes". Shouldn't it be "indigenous northern tribes"?

Settlement/wall mismatch for settlement Mazacá (region formosans_home2). Settlement level is large_town, core building is stone_wall.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by aduellist View Post
    Two more minor issues.

Kulkulkan unit War Leader's Guard description reads "ingenious northern tribes". Shouldn't it be "indigenous northern tribes"?

Settlement/wall mismatch for settlement Mazacá (region formosans_home2). Settlement level is large_town, core building is stone_wall.

Good finds, both fixed for next patch, cheers mate

One more.

Faustian Reich can get Teutonic Order chapterhouses as guilds, but cannot recruit any units from them. The buildings themselves require factions hre or norman, but the units are norman only. If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion, I think the solution most consistent with backstory would be to simply eliminate the Faustian ability to get the chapterhouses and leave the TO units exclusive to the TO.

Edit: Also encountered a CTD like Spacel0rd's. CTD did not reoccur after reloading autosave from end of turn and watching the end turn with FOW off and following AI movements. Based on what I've seen in other mods, this might be due to a bugged character name somewhere.

On your crash, ill go through characters and seeif anything is a miss
    There's nothing obvious. Names verifier shows no errors or warnings. It's obviously transient, since it didn't reoccur after reload.

In the other case like it that I saw and helped troubleshoot in Stainless Steel, there was one starting rebel character that one of the submods changed. There was no problem as long as that one character was alive. But when the settlement was taken and the character killed, the game would CTD. The only errors in the log were those pesky "minor_lose.bik" messages. Reverting the character name to the original one solved it. There were a couple more instances of that and, to my knowledge, nobody ever came up with what was definitively wrong with the names.

Anyway, they're a bear to track down. Only way we found to spot them was to reload the end turn autosave, turn off FOW, watch everything and hope the CTD occurred again so we could see what battle or event triggered the CTD.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 05, 2009 at 04:11 PM.
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

One more.

Faustian Reich can get Teutonic Order chapterhouses as guilds, but cannot recruit any units from them. The buildings themselves require factions hre or norman, but the units are norman only. If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion, I think the solution most consistent with backstory would be to simply eliminate the Faustian ability to get the chapterhouses and leave the TO units exclusive to the TO.

Edit: Also encountered a CTD like Spacel0rd's. CTD did not reoccur after reloading autosave from end of turn and watching the end turn with FOW off and following AI movements. Based on what I've seen in other mods, this might be due to a bugged character name somewhere.

Chapter houses were left for the faustians, so they could still get the non-recruitment bonuses, but could not recruit the units. I may well hust remove them from Faust.

On your crash, ill go through characters and seeif anything is a miss

There's nothing obvious. Names verifier shows no errors or warnings. It's obviously transient, since it didn't reoccur after reload.

In the other case like it that I saw and helped troubleshoot in Stainless Steel, there was one starting rebel character that one of the submods changed. There was no problem as long as that one character was alive. But when the settlement was taken and the character killed, the game would CTD. The only errors in the log were those pesky "minor_lose.bik" messages. Reverting the character name to the original one solved it. There were a couple more instances of that and, to my knowledge, nobody ever came up with what was definitively wrong with the names.

Anyway, they're a bear to track down. Only way we found to spot them was to reload the end turn autosave, turn off FOW, watch everything and hope the CTD occurred again so we could see what battle or event triggered the CTD.
    well Ill have a hunt around, always, wonderful quality feedback +rep
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 05, 2009 at 04:11 PM.

I don't know if somebody pointed it out already but the Romuli also have that rack of skulls problem

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    I don't know if somebody pointed it out already but the Romuli also have that rack of skulls problem
    Yup its been fixed

A few more for the list...

Description of High Temple of the Krakken reads "Serpents cover almost every available space, gangining from walls".

Description of Crystal Skull reads:

"Passed down from the ancestors, the crystal skull is made from a singe piece of quartz. It is said to have magical properties and is a sign of wisdom amongst the aztec people. Is is one of 'The Three Great Skulls', it is said that if all three are brought togather, the possessor will gain control over all the gods of the heavans and underworlds. This is the ultimate sign of divine authority."

I'm beginning to sympathize with various English teachers that have been forced to grade my compositions over the years...

Here's a odd one. I just took the rebel settlement of Canpech. I believe it was formerly owned by the Privateers, who were recently destroyed (no, Pinky, I didn't do it!). The rebel character in the settlement was named Thomas of Normandy. He was killed during the storming of the settlement.

During the end turn, he appeared outside the settlement. He has no bodyguard or banner. He can be attacked, but continually retreats. He cannot be brought to battle, because there is no army. Note that the bodyguard detail button is greyed out. Hopefully he'll die soon, being 51.
    Last edited by aduellist; November 10, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

A few more for the list...

Description of High Temple of the Krakken reads "Serpents cover almost every available space, gangining from walls".

Description of Crystal Skull reads:

"Passed down from the ancestors, the crystal skull is made from a singe piece of quartz. It is said to have magical properties and is a sign of wisdom amongst the aztec people. Is is one of 'The Three Great Skulls', it is said that if all three are brought togather, the possessor will gain control over all the gods of the heavans and underworlds. This is the ultimate sign of divine authority."

I'm beginning to sympathize with various English teachers that have been forced to grade my compositions over the years... .
    Whoa, ok will fix those, did I ever mention Im dyslexic. Ok all fixed, except, 'it is said' as that is correct

Here's a odd one. I just took the rebel settlement of Canpech. I believe it was formerly owned by the Privateers, who were recently destroyed (no, Pinky, I didn't do it!). The rebel character in the settlement was named Thomas of Normandy. He was killed during the storming of the settlement.

During the end turn, he appeared outside the settlement. He has no bodyguard or banner. He can be attacked, but continually retreats. He cannot be brought to battle, because there is no army. Note that the bodyguard detail button is greyed out. Hopefully he'll die soon, being 51.
    Okay that is the first reported 'ghost' on a MTWII mod LOL, I have no idea 'wgf' that is, please feedback as to what happens with it , if you send a spy to it what does it report?

Can you surround him with single units and attack him?
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 08, 2009 at 03:55 PM.

Ok all fixed, except, 'it is said' as that is correct
    It would be more grammatically correct to rewrite that as two sentences:

"It is one of 'The Three Great Skulls'. It is said that if all three are brought together, the possessor will gain control over all the gods of the heavens and underworlds."

I know, drawbacks of an education back in the Stone Age. You know, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and grammar was actually taught in schools.

BTW, I'm not dyslexic. I have no excuse when I do things like that (usually in emails to Executives, so guaranteed to cause maximum embarrassment). It's always easier to spot other peoples' mistakes than to catch one's own before hitting Post/Send.

Edit: For example, I've now edited this post thrice to correct mistakes I made.

Okay that is the first reported 'ghost' on a MTWII mod LOL, I have no idea 'wgf' that is, please feedback as to what happens with it , if you send a spy to it what does it report?

Can you surround him with single units and attack him?
    I'll update as soon as I get the chance to test it out.
    Last edited by aduellist; April 08, 2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast