Thread: A Draw

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default A Draw

I was playing a good friend of mine the other night, nobody won and nobody lost it was a draw. Anyone else fight to a draw yet?
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Default Re: A Draw

Had an epic one in 2v2. Myself and Duke of Wellington attacking two guys on a hill.

Fought to last few units... and with maybe 10 seconds more we woulda won it.. was very harsh, but very fun... I'll see about finding the replay, though obviously few ppl wanna watch an hour long game.

A draw? I never encounter that before.
    oh maybe because I always play a game with unlimited time.

Yep had a draw a week or so ago in a 2v2........our opponent was down to his cav general unit......my teamate and i had about 4-5 units of line left.......So ya he ran his general around for about 15 mins as time expired......Lame

Had a draw also because of time running out *60 mins >.<*

It would be nice to have the option to offer a draw - having played a few games down to the last 20-30 men on each side - the 'win' is somewhat pyrrhic!!

The irony ofcourse is that in those games that take >hr, lots of gameplay because of the casualties you end up with 50 points for winning.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

I keep my games to 20 minutes. I can't see myself playing one game for one hour.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    I keep my games to 20 minutes. I can't see myself playing one game for one hour.
    I think 20 minutes limits thing a bit too much... ure encouraging a game with a quick engagment and few skirmishing opportunities.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

20 minutes seems perfect. If someone decides to camp, then you have the option of not even engaging.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_of_Macedon View Post
    20 minutes seems perfect. If someone decides to camp, then you have the option of not even engaging.
    Wow what a one dimensional view on battles, sounds fun!

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by RTKBarrett View Post
    Wow what a one dimensional view on battles, sounds fun!
    Your opinion isn't the only one that matters here. In fact, I don't too much stock in it.

A lot of us enjoy this game, but at the same time, some of us are reluctant in playing a videogame for 40-60 minutes in 1 sitting. For other people, it's well worth their time...

...but this is why there's different options for the Time Limit. You have to be multi-dimensional to appreciate that.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; March 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Karhedron View Post
    Had an epic one in 2v2. Myself and Duke of Wellington attacking two guys on a hill.

Fought to last few units... and with maybe 10 seconds more we woulda won it.. was very harsh, but very fun... I'll see about finding the replay, though obviously few ppl wanna watch an hour long game.
    I would

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Karhedron View Post
    I'll see about finding the replay, though obviously few ppl wanna watch an hour long game.
    Is it not possible to speed up the replay when watching it?

Edited: It is possible to change the speed setting while viewing a replay.
    Last edited by Brusilov; March 30, 2009 at 02:06 PM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_of_Macedon View Post
    Your opinion isn't the only one that matters here. In fact, I don't too much stock in it.

A lot of us enjoy this game, but at the same time, some of us are reluctant in playing a videogame for 40-60 minutes in 1 sitting. For other people, it's well worth their time...

...but this is why there's different options for the Time Limit. You have to be multi-dimensional to appreciate that.
    lol so in a 20 minute game where u have the option to not even engage, ure really having fun ok i get u

Decanus

Just had one. It was 2 art max, the guy spammed art.

Had another, line inf vs line inf. was about to loose, the timer reached 0.

Had a draw just recently.... i had killed all the enemies except one light dragoon unit, and then he just ran around the map with it until the timer ran out

Quote Originally Posted by Firran View Post
    Had a draw just recently.... i had killed all the enemies except one light dragoon unit, and then he just ran around the map with it until the timer ran out
    gay LOL if i'm beaten and know it i either try to route what is left, or go on and attack so i can be beaten and get on with the next war. But i have noticed that the few games online i've played that their has been times i tried to route my few units left but it wouldn't let me, so i just kept in engagment till the enemy routed me