Thread: Technological Development: Request

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Technological Development: Request

Greetings dear history enthusiasts,

I'm currently planning to change the game's tech tree to something that allows for more flexibility. My first (pretty small) idea can be found here (also see the following start of discussion): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...93#post4805093

For this task I'm looking for some inspiration by history so it would be very useful to have information about the different tactics and strategies that have been in the 17th and 18th centuries warfare and how they influenced drill techniques, weapon design, etc. So if anybody can provide some links on the subject (books could work but I'm not sure if we have too many English books at our library), or just some remarks, I'd be happy about reading it
    Last edited by alpaca; March 28, 2009 at 08:53 AM.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Default Re: Technological Development: Request

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Greetings dear history enthusiasts,

I'm currently planning to change the game's tech tree to something that allows for more flexibility. My first (pretty small) idea can be found here (also see the following start of discussion): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...93#post4805093

For this task I'm looking for some inspiration by history so it would be very useful to have information about the different tactics and strategies that have been in the 17th and 18th centuries warfare and how they influenced drill techniques, weapon design, etc. So if anybody can provide some links on the subject (books could work but I'm not sure if we have too many English books at our library), or just some remarks, I'd be happy about reading it
    Artifex, I would be happy to assist you in any modding that you may like to do. I won't provide you with any links, but I would be happy to act in an advisory capacity and pull information from my extensive library. I actually would be happy to provide information for any modder for that matter. Feel free to pull up my posting history to see if I can add any value to your projects. If any modders would like to draw on my knowledge of the period feel free to PM or e-mail me (I think my e-mail is in my profile - may want to PM first though what with Spam filters and all). I won't try to build anyone's mod for them of course - but I'm always happy to provide basic information where appropriate and provide any advice on turning that into game form if someone finds that helpful.
    For Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. For me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.