Thread: Help with technology mod

Default Help with technology mod

I'm trying to get the light infantry doctrine available at the military academy rather than the army board, because I think light infantry arrive too late in the game.

Using the latest version of pack file manager I've created a new pack as a mod and changed the technologies file in the db/technologies_tables folder from the exported files from main.pack, so that the military_army_light_infantry_doctrine building prerequisite ID Ref column is changed to military_academy.

However when I load a campaign or start a new one the icon for the light infantry doctrine does not show up. Is there something else I should be changing? I'm creating this as a mod file for use with the Mod Manager tool.

All my other mods work using the same proceedures, where I've modded textures, sounds, weapon ranges etc, so I'm thinking I've missed something.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by bodkin; March 28, 2009 at 05:10 AM.

Default Re: Help with technology mod

Im not sure but you should probably change the techtree position too.

You also may want to check out technology_required_technology_junction, maybe you have a conflict there.
    Last edited by Steinig; March 28, 2009 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinig View Post
    Im not sure but you should probably change the techtree position too.

You also may want to check out technology_required_technology_junction, maybe you have a conflict there.
    Thanks for the tip, but it seems these files aren't supported yet within the Pack File Manager.

Try to update your manager, it works finde here.